Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure is here

1235...Next

Comments

• baybeduckies514baybeduckies514 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just downloaded mine. It won't let me explore or do anything. Am I missing something? Every time I try to travel it the places show up with question marks. Do I have to master the Selvadoradian culture skill first?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I just downloaded mine. It won't let me explore or do anything. Am I missing something? Every time I try to travel it the places show up with question marks. Do I have to master the Selvadoradian culture skill first?

They will always stay question marks; you have to start your adventure at the Belomisia Trailhead lot and to the side their will be a vine-covered gate near a yellow warning sign; you have to cut down the vines in order to begin your adventure into the jungle.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • HaphazardlyHaphazardly Posts: 10 New Member
    Since I'm a new mem
  • HaphazardlyHaphazardly Posts: 10 New Member
    oops sorry bout that ^

Since I'm a new mem
  • Denyce_BustertigerDenyce_Bustertiger Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello all, I was wonder if there a list with all plants after this dlc? I want to get one of anything.
    If anyone can help me that would be great. Thanks all
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Denyce_Bustertiger few days late, so you likely have it already, but here: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-jungle-adventure-guide/

basically, there are three new plants that are actually nine. black beans, avocado, and 'tree of emotions', which has 7 different berries to harvest for 7 different emotions when eaten
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I just played Jungle Adventures for the first time today and it was so much fun!!

Great with an vacation that feels a bit like an adventure, my sim only got as far as the temple but next time she will explore more. It is so nice to have something in the game that doesn't feel like one of the usual maps and I really enjoyed having to work in order to see something new. Also, the little pictures presenting challenges when going forth in the jungle really makes a difference. Wish we could have had something like that for sylvan glade. I am a visual person so I like little touches like that.

Have only just started to explore the pack but this is a very different vacation spot from Granite Falls so they complement each other well.

Can we have a few more, that are interesting with challenges like this :)
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    This is one I'm interested in, but not high priority. I do hope that they continue to make more vacation type locations though, because they tend be very fun. Maybe there's hope for more in the future. Hehe
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Things i would like for this pack:

1. Either cut of all prices in half OR a warning in the game not to go on vacation unless you have at least 8000 simolions in the bank and / or high paying jobs
    2. Less annoying digging and archeology
    3. Less boring chance cards.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    Just playing Jungle Adventures for the first time. I would have loved if we got a new death type, specifically "Swallowed by Crocodile". I wouldn't even have needed the animation, it would have still been awesome. Also, I love the addition of the Jungle life...Lizards, Snakes, Crocodiles. I think it was a very good touch.
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It's a missed opportunity that beans and avocados are not added to any of the existing recipes
    pZvPFpX.jpg
    Beans would be perfect for the burrito for example.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    It's a missed opportunity that beans and avocados are not added to any of the existing recipes
    pZvPFpX.jpg
    Beans would be perfect for the burrito for example.

Agreed! Or a simple new breakfast like avocado toast or something.
  • CNStanleyCNStanley Posts: 2 New Member
    I have tried numerous times to enter a temple (have vacationed 4 times now). I have tried finding the triggers/ways to open the temple with no luck.

Any ideas?
  • CNStanleyCNStanley Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="EA_Mai;d-935808"]Simmers, The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure has arrived! And with it comes a new destination, culture, and so much more.

[/quote]

WHY CAN’T I EVER FIND A WAY INTO THE TEMPLE?! My sims have vacationed multiple times here and every time I find a temple, I am unable to find ANY sort of trigger/switch to get in.
    CNStanley wrote: »
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Simmers, The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure has arrived! And with it comes a new destination, culture, and so much more.

WHY CAN’T I EVER FIND A WAY INTO THE TEMPLE?! My sims have vacationed multiple times here and every time I find a temple, I am unable to find ANY sort of trigger/switch to get in.

Never heard of that problem before. What does it look like when you get inside the temple?
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I bought JA when it came out but only just started sending sims there, I have to say it's a great deal of fun; I really like the way it resets so other sims or the same sim can re-discover all the various temples and locations, unlike in TS3 World Adventures. I have found it really helpful to have a sim max out their skills first, such as logic, handiness, fishing and fitness; makes avoiding the nasties so much easier. Since I also have Outdoor Retreat, I usually buy my sim a tent, potable chair, chilled box and shower tarp before they travel so they don't have to buy as many supplies at the market. It's also a great way to make a living, you can find a fortune in artifacts. I particularly like that items get mailed to you to authenticate, it's a great way to pay the bills without a formal career. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I'm also just getting around to adventuring in Selvadorada. Got sidetracked with Seasons. I agree that it's a great deal of fun. The whole artifact/relic discovery feature is incredibly involved and well thought out. At least it is for me. :) My sim just reached level 5 in Selvadoradian Culture which opened up secret dishes at the food stall and she is now able to buy secret wares at the marketplace.
  • LavniazeroLavniazero Posts: 2 New Member
    When I got Jungle Adventure, I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. I'm glad I got it.
  • northtexan95northtexan95 Posts: 5 New Member
    Reasons why I like Jungle Adventure:
    3% - new game mechanics
    5% - new location
    92% - I can dress like Indiana Jones.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Some adventure. Just got it, and there's no difference in the game whatsoever.I get the "Welcome to Jungle Adventures" greeting when I start, but that's the only thing that's changed. Money out the window.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    Some adventure. Just got it, and there's no difference in the game whatsoever.I get the "Welcome to Jungle Adventures" greeting when I start, but that's the only thing that's changed. Money out the window.

It's a vacation destination. The only things it'll effect in the base game are clothes and build items. Not quite sure exactly what you're looking for or not seeing by your vague post. But go on vacation via your phone or through the computer I think. See if that works.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

It's a vacation destination. The only things it'll effect in the base game are clothes and build items. Not quite sure exactly what you're looking for or not seeing by your vague post. But go on vacation via your phone or through the computer I think. See if that works.

Ah, no wonder everything seemed the same. The vacation part slipped under my radar somehow. I could've sworn that I read that there'd be a new career somewhere, but I might've confused it with something else.

Ah, no wonder everything seemed the same. The vacation part slipped under my radar somehow. I could've sworn that I read that there'd be a new career somewhere, but I might've confused it with something else.

You can 100% make a living as an Indian Jones style "archeologist". It might seem expensive as first, having to cough up a lot of Simolions, but when you get your skills up you can net 12 000 + Simolions on found artifacts alone (and that's AFTER deducting hotel costs and equipment purchases) per trip.