Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure is here

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    I'm having a technical issue with Jungle adventures. When Sims go to the vacation lots, all is fine. Then suddenly, the homes turn into silhouettes, and all of the furniture and characters vanish, just the same as when you visit a home without first knocking and the door and them letting you in. I've tried removing all mods, but still the same problem. I have added some additional items to these lots, but they are all official EA items from Stuff and Game Packs and are not mods or third party items. Visiting another location and returning helps temporarily, but then the problem keeps occurring. Are others having the same problem?

Try removing your mods and cc, then delete your localthumbcache file that's in the Sims 4 folder. This file should be deleted every time you change your mods folder, even if it's just one piece because it can make things wonky sometimes. Once you've done that, repair the game, then try it out and see if it still happens. If not, then put your mods back in, and delete the localthumbcache file again before you start up the game. If the problem returns, then it's one of your mods.

Good luck, hope you find the problem! :)
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    may be the prices went up. What I think what I'm going to is get it and if the price gose down I will deal with it then

The sale is on the eps only. The price in Canada did go up from what other Canadians have been saying on all packs. Several countries went up on US goods, plus I had heard Canada has been getting a bit if a deal all along as you are were not paying as much as US simmers were. But your prices were changed to reflect every one pays the same. In US dollars - packs are 39.99 dollars for eps, 19.99 for gps, and 9.99 for sps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Marco50 wrote: »
    For me, this is good, but not excellent.

The Sims 3 Wold Adventures gave us 3 worlds and almost 27 new tombs. If a content pack is on the middle point bewteen an expansion pack and a Stuff Pack, I was expecting at least 9 configurations fore the temple. We have five and they are very, very simple and boring. I am really dissapointed on that point.

I would'nt care about that if the five configurations we have were funny and challenging, but they are flat. Besides that, the jungle exploration is fast and simple, unlike The Sims Castaway. I really thank the developers team for making it fluid, there are not loading screens, but why not randomize the jungle lots too? Why not lock the doors until you get a certain collectible? Why not making something similar to the Sims 3 Wold Adventures and lock the doors until you move some stuff? (I'm talking about the jungle, not the temple)

I was really excited for this pack, but I've just played 4 hours and I've made it on two temples... Do you really think I would comeback? Nope.

What happens after you complete the temple 5 times? Does it go back to 1?
    Or you can rip out the vines with your hands if you don't want to use up your machete too soon.

You can buy several machetes from buydebug mode before sending your sim on vacation that way you don't run out.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm having a technical issue with Jungle adventures. When Sims go to the vacation lots, all is fine. Then suddenly, the homes turn into silhouettes, and all of the furniture and characters vanish, just the same as when you visit a home without first knocking and the door and them letting you in. I've tried removing all mods, but still the same problem. I have added some additional items to these lots, but they are all official EA items from Stuff and Game Packs and are not mods or third party items. Visiting another location and returning helps temporarily, but then the problem keeps occurring. Are others having the same problem?

No issues at all here. Game is playing great. Everything is amazing. I do not use any mods or any CC at all in a developing game - so cannot say if they are your issue or not.

Silhoutettes is caused by a Graphics Card Issue.
  • mentalwastelandmentalwasteland Posts: 19 Member
    I've explored the jungle enough to make it through a temple and find the royal pools. What I CAN'T do is "find area off the path" to complete the first level of the Jungle Explorer aspiration. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  • lindacolleenlindacolleen Posts: 1 New Member
    This may be a question that has already been asked, but here goes, I am not able to get my Sims to go to the Marketplace. They go on vacation, cantina, museum all the rental houses, etc. but not the marketplace. Help what am I doing wrong?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    This may be a question that has already been asked, but here goes, I am not able to get my Sims to go to the Marketplace. They go on vacation, cantina, museum all the rental houses, etc. but not the marketplace. Help what am I doing wrong?

The marketplace is within the cantina lot. There are tables outside where the locals have the things for sale. Different from the booths.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hey! I just went from the cantina lot to my sims rental lot WITHOUT a load screen! I didn't know that was a thing! That's awesome!
  • shannon17dshannon17d Posts: 4 New Member
    HELP! ive played for about a day or so now and have my sims skills pretty high up (almost 10 archaeology, and full culture) after going home and looking at all his findings we came back on vacation, now when i got to travel through the first gate my sims wont go... tried other sims in the family, going home and back, debugging the sims and gate... not sure what else to try... they seem to think that there is a excavation pile in the way that is stopping them from "traveling through" this is what their bubbles are showing.. again first gate, cant even get into the jungle!! :(
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    My Sims haven't encountered a poison dart yet. However, what can I do if they are hit with one? Have them drink the poison antedote immediately or something else?
    4kkjdXo.png

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My Sims haven't encountered a poison dart yet. However, what can I do if they are hit with one? Have them drink the poison antedote immediately or something else?

No, wait for signs that it will get better or worse depending on if you manage through it on the first stage of poisoning. You'll get a notification telling you if it's gotten worse too, then you should take the antidote. Though, I haven't tested drinking the antidote when you first got poisoned, so unsure if it would work during then.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Thank you very much @paradiseplanet :)! That is very helpful!
    4kkjdXo.png

• mentalwastelandmentalwasteland Posts: 19 Member
    > @mentalwasteland said:
    > I've explored the jungle enough to make it through a temple and find the royal pools. What I CAN'T do is "find area off the path" to complete the first level of the Jungle Explorer aspiration. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Well, and now I've started the game and the goal says that it's complete. <sigh>
  • NoeddehavenNoeddehaven Posts: 43 Member
    edited March 2018
    @Ariiiiii_bear wrote
    Does anyone know how to make the remedy to cure the sneezing curse?
    I couldn´t figure that out either. I gave §250 to the statue on the marketplace and she removed the curse. But there must be another way.
  • Tigger3032Tigger3032 Posts: 2 New Member
    has anyone figured out how to open the sealed doors? i have been there several times and im sure i have done all the temples. its kind of annoying. any help would be great appreciated.
  • DrukiDruki Posts: 163 Member
    @Ariiiiii_bear wrote
    Does anyone know how to make the remedy to cure the sneezing curse?
    I couldn´t figure that out either. I gave §250 to the statue on the marketplace and she removed the curse. But there must be another way.

I had this. Used a relic on my home lot and got cursed. The message that popped up told me I needed to cook up the cure. I took that literally, so I clicked on the fridge, went into cook and scrolled down... and there it was. It was some weird gloopy green stuff that looks like smooth mushy peas. My sim cooked it and ate it and then she was cured.
  • ashleyhearts23ashleyhearts23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a quick question. My sim spent 5 days there in order to get to know the locals and customs. One thing that I noticed is that she can't dance or greet others back home... is this a real thing? Does my game have a bug?
  • EricaMGreenEricaMGreen Posts: 5 New Member
    I really like how they made this world but was hoping that they would have taken some things from Sims 3 world adventure, and put into this game like being able to own a house in the world, and going to the board to do different missions that Sims 3 had.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So far, this pack is incredible. It has my vote for most immersive environment to date, and best world creation. And that's saying a lot, considering how much I love the Vampires pack and Forgotten Hollow. But the jungle region is so gorgeous, I lose time taking screenshots of just the scenery. The cultural feel is quite strong as well, and adds so much flavor to the theme. Just loving it. <3

agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited March 2018
    I love this pack so much! There's so much to do and so many beautiful places to see, the jungle views and sounds are amazing. I really like that there's less loading screens. Love how they combined culture and exploration.

And the cas is just perfect with local and explorer clothing. I like that not everything is just YA crop tops like in many packs. Also the build items are so pretty! Especially the wall and floor tiles :heart: and finally there's a wooden stool, it's silly but it's something I've wanted a long time :love:

I still have a lot to discover, but I think this is my favourite pack. At least so far...
    A big thanks for everyone who made this pack :smiley:
    Post edited by ravel on
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    This is in my top 3 best game packs now.
  • DaisypeanutDaisypeanut Posts: 1 New Member
    HI, when im in thenew jungle map i cant seem to travel to either the market place or anywhere on the map. I click it butnothing happens.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    HI, when im in thenew jungle map i cant seem to travel to either the market place or anywhere on the map. I click it butnothing happens.

You have to click on the cantina lot to travel to the marketplace, since that is the closest lot to it. The marketplace is the neighborhood area of the village.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png