Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure is here

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    WhiteMojo wrote: »
    Found my sims won't sleep in bed or nap on couch. Just goes to bed then gets up straight away. Used letterbox cheat to get some sleep. Now sims is stuck on the walkway near the river so will have to restart game. Not an impressive start :s Did download and build with the items this morning (Aussie) and love the build items.

@WhiteMojo

Is there a radio or TV on in the room? My Sims were staying in the one little house where the bed and living are in the same area and the radio kept waking them up. It took me a minute to figure that one out :lol:

That happens too if your Sims have a coffee machine and they keep drinking coffee instead to going to bed. I got rid of all my home coffee machines and only had them in cafes and restaurants.

Before playing, if I were you, I would go round the hotels in build mode and replace the kitchen stoves. My poor Sim got badly singed with a low grade meal even though she was on grade two cookery level. They had to pay 2,700 Simoleons to replace it. Everything needs upgrading so maybe the skill is useful in the Adventures?

My couple left their kids at home in the care of the Nanny and are just chillin' and I get school reports daily. My Sims are filling up on stores and have harvested the emotions tree and I've got them walking around "together." I haven't found the place to use the machete to get through to another lot yet but find Sims walking past me and disappearing into thin air so it must be close. I'm in no hurry and am enjoying the scenary. The game is more Vacation than Adventure as WA was. The photos I will probably use as backgrounds on my laptop screen later.

Those website guides are useful but I do miss the old guidebooks. :(

• Options
    dylancollinsdylancollins Posts: 2 New Member
    Woah I want this!!!!!!
  • Options
    milliealexandermilliealexander Posts: 1 New Member
    Was really excited for this but since downloading my sound is crackling? Its only when the game is running and it still happens when I put earphones in, so it is definitely a problem with the game. Has this happened to anyone else? Its ruining the excitement for me as it is seriously annoying!
  • Options
    AnitaOxbumaAnitaOxbuma Posts: 44 Member
    Breaking news my Vampman opened a treasure chest in the jungle and was cursed with Arbitrary needs wich is supposed to lower your need bars. He's have stayed normal i think it's because I used his vamp points to get the abilities to stabilize his Fun Hygiene and Social needs :D The only thing the curse did was make him uncomfortable :D
    02_27_18_7_29_27pm_by_nagima-dc4jhi4.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I would have you all know that this is a dangerous pack, indeed. I finally set out into the jungle today with the Omiscan Explorers League, and got so immersed that, in real life, I left a pot of water boiling on the stove for about an hour. When I finally remembered, I ran out into the kitchen to find a blackened pot, but luckily, it did not catch fire and burn down the house. :# This pack should come with a warning label to not operate any machinery or attempt to use any appliances while playing, lol. :D

Seriously though....excellent work, devs! <3 (Hope I survive to complete the treasure hunt, haha)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    user_17user_17 Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone know how to get into the paths with the doors? you know it keeps saying "maybe it'll open on you're next visit". Well it's my fourth visit and still not opening. Do current skills levels need to be achieved? or does anyone know the number of trips you have to make to get in?
  • Options
    NanaBraun1952NanaBraun1952 Posts: 7 New Member
    PLEASE HELP! I take my Sims to the Jungle Adventure vacation spot, get them a cabin, but I can't get them to go to the jungle. When I use the phone to travel, it shows the neighborhood view, but I can't get it to take me to the jungle spots. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    user_17user_17 Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="NanaBraun1952;c-16354320"]PLEASE HELP! I take my Sims to the Jungle Adventure vacation spot, get them a cabin, but I can't get them to go to the jungle. When I use the phone to travel, it shows the neighborhood view, but I can't get it to take me to the jungle spots. Am I missing something?[/quote]

You arent suppose to click on them. Go to the national park and there well be an arch way with vines. You cut them down with your machete. Thats how you explore the jungle
  • Options
    french5029french5029 Posts: 18 Member
    i see question marks everywhere how do i get in
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited March 2018
    Or you can rip out the vines with your hands if you don't want to use up your machete too soon.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you! Now I can enjoy the new expansion pack!
  • Options
    How do I get to the Marketplace? Is it the deck with the picnic tables outside of the Cantina?
  • Options
    I figured out what the Marketplace is.
  • Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @sillyangel0906 and @Simburian for the advice, there was a radio on. Tend to build and paint so hadn't thought of that. Will change the stoves too, I burnt to death my Valentine's couple when playtesting their romantic new house, because I'd used a cheap stove. LOL

@LiELF hope the rest of your adventures can stay on the screen, perhaps. :#
    Post edited by WhiteMojo on
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    You've got to be kidding me.
    Kingdom Come Deliverance just released - I'm on it (100+ hours already).
    Trails of Cold Steel 2 just released - bought, put on hold till I get time for it.
    Final Fantasy 15 - preordered, preloading, unlocks at tuesday, hoping to start it right away.

And EA, smart, very smart move, in this dates interval releases the one and only expansion I'd buy even if was a separate game?!
    Fantastic decision EA, better release date you couldn't find!

I mean... Are you sabotaging sales deliberately?
  • Options
    french5029french5029 Posts: 18 Member
    how do i buy more machettes also i cannot find any temples
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    @french5029 the stuff the vendors sell in the market changes so you just have to keep checking until a machete appears. To find the temple you have to venture pretty far into the jungle, and there are several paths that go to different locations so you have to test them until you find the right one.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @french5029 --- You can buy a machete from a vendor in the marketplace. However, you may have to wait a few Sim days for it to appear on the vendor's table. You have to wait for some other items to appear on their table because the items they're selling vary, but it's worth the wait to get certain items before exploring the jungle.
    2UyJV9W.jpg
    and
    rcdrlsv.jpg

To get in the general right direction to find the temple, go to the 2 houses in the jungle neighborhood, and look around for any gates. Use a machete or your hands to open the gates. Then, look for the wooden bridge that you can see on the map. You have to get through the jungle to get to that bridge. Then, keep looking for gates after that bridge leading farther into the jungle. Both times I've found the temple it was by luck, as well as using the tips I just gave you. You may have to try a different gate.
    Here's what a gate looks like. However, my Sims already cut the vines/branches, but this is what you're looking for.
    [img][/img]dx5f7Xc.jpg
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Darthmauler2Darthmauler2 Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm having a technical issue with Jungle adventures. When Sims go to the vacation lots, all is fine. Then suddenly, the homes turn into silhouettes, and all of the furniture and characters vanish, just the same as when you visit a home without first knocking and the door and them letting you in. I've tried removing all mods, but still the same problem. I have added some additional items to these lots, but they are all official EA items from Stuff and Game Packs and are not mods or third party items. Visiting another location and returning helps temporarily, but then the problem keeps occurring. Are others having the same problem?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm having a technical issue with Jungle adventures. When Sims go to the vacation lots, all is fine. Then suddenly, the homes turn into silhouettes, and all of the furniture and characters vanish, just the same as when you visit a home without first knocking and the door and them letting you in. I've tried removing all mods, but still the same problem. I have added some additional items to these lots, but they are all official EA items from Stuff and Game Packs and are not mods or third party items. Visiting another location and returning helps temporarily, but then the problem keeps occurring. Are others having the same problem?

No issues at all here. Game is playing great. Everything is amazing. I do not use any mods or any CC at all in a developing game - so cannot say if they are your issue or not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KerrieLynnePoweKerrieLynnePowe Posts: 8 New Member
    I thought that the game packs where 19.99 but jungle adventure is showing 25.99 and if I go to expansion packs it is the same price.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @KerrieLynnePowe --- It cost $19.99 for me in the US. It may be a different price if you're in a different country.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I get that but in Canada the price is 19.99. I think that it may have something to with the sale that is going on, on origin. because even if it was that it was a bit more money where I live the expansion packs and game packs would not be the same price
  • Options
    may be the prices went up. What I think what I'm going to is get it and if the price gose down I will deal with it then
  • Options
    Ariiiiii_bearAriiiiii_bear Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to make the remedy to cure the sneezing curse?