Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need help with road placement to get school bus to spawn closer to lots

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I'm on my second round of play testing for this world and I really thought that I had fixed this biggest issue, but I actually made it worse. Outside of the main part of the city is rural farmland, which is where I'm currently playing. I've noticed playing on these lots is HORRIBLE the parent/child relationship because the parents yell at the kids even if I get them to bed on time because it takes so long to get to the bus they almost always miss it.
So, to remedy this I put unintrusive grass roads near the farmlands to hopefully make the bus come to the right spot to pick up the kids, but it is still spawning in the old location even though there are closer roads, intersections and road ends near the farmland.

So my hope is that someone out there might know how to encourage the bus and carpools to spawn closer to where they're needed instead of so far away.

Here is a picture of my issue:
Blue line = Old route taken to bus
Red line = new line taken to bus
Pink squares = Intersections/road ends
Yellow & black square = Current bus spawn location
7bc79802db.jpg
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
Post edited by Linamints on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Hm... I really don't know. :(

1. Do you need that little bit of road where the bus shows? Maybe make it shorter- Almost to that last lot in the walled area. Which might make the road not so close to the other house.
    2. Which way is the front of the house lot? Does it face the closest road or away from it?
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Rflong7

1. I'll consider that, it's there mostly because the lots surrounding it are 64x64 , so it takes sims longer to get to the back buildings without it.
    2. The house faces the blue line, and all NPC's approach that part of the lot.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    edited February 2018
    Have you tried changing the front to the side nearest the road you want them to use or bringing the road nearest the lot closer?

*EA routing is a mystery to me... and will give the weirdest paths. :(
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    It seems they want to go through the wall but cannot because of routing. If it was me...I would delete the slanted wall by the barn and connect the road the bus is on with the one near the house. Pretty sure the wall is the problem.
    I figured they want the wall because of their world theme. :)
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @Rflong7 Success!!!! Thank you so much! Changing the lot front fixed the problem without having to change any of the aesthetic features of my world!
    71d80ec964.jpg

And yes, the walls are important to the world theme ^_^.
    Yay! :mrgreen:
    So glad it was an easy thing for you to change- sometimes it's just a little change and the whole town's routing changes. :)