Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Build Mode is Abandoned [ UPDATE] Good News.

Comments

• Nuke321Nuke321 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Nuke321 said:
    > I would like to see some eave trimming that we can angle and not create unwanted walls. I would also like the ability to finish the underside of the trim, and our ceilings too. Is there a way to upload a pic? If not, here is the pic of the kind of trimming I am talking about at this EA link: haha it wont let me post a link to the EA site with a pic..says I have to be around longer..been here for a year lol
    > the link is here you need to add the http stuff and the //

answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Would-Love-Eave-Trimmings-For-Outside/td-p/6992253"
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @Nuke321 If I'm understanding you properly you can get the look you want by extending the eaves only rather than the whole roof.
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    @ehaught58 Any positive thoughts about the future of build mode at this time?
    tenor.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    hevker wrote: »
    I totally agree with what has been said so far and that is coming from a casual builder. The lack of matching tones and just items that compliment eachother does drive you crazy. Also I feel rather limited in the walls/floors we've been given so far and with every pack it feels like it's just the last priority. They concentrate on CAS items and even though I do appreciate that... we need more options in build mode. Why is there no terrain editing or pond tools?

I also feel like if they were to address this then it would definitely be in some sort of stuff pack we have to pay for. Sigh.

I do not think so. Producers have already said that build mode features usually come through free upgrades. :D

Look at the recent additions to build mode -- glass roofs in the pre-Seasons patch and the conical/octagonal roofs in pre-Pets patch. Significant build mode features get patched in for everyone, while things like new wall coverings or floorings will be pack limited.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    @ehaught58 Any positive thoughts about the future of build mode at this time?

@celipoesias Nope, they have been promising us to add more to build mode for over two years, and the only significant tools they have added is a few new roofs! I don’t see anything significant being added this far in with this version, imho. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    The lack of water features at this point is unbelievable. That's the most egregrious omission for me, since I enjoy building but haven't yet ventured into any of the more advanced tools and tricks.

ETA: Saw this Tweet on @simgirl1010 's Guru Tweet thread:

For crying out loud the list must not be that long because there’s not that many types of stair. I don’t know why Maxis even says these things anymore, they have consistently talked about having big plans for build mode and have consistently failed to produce any major upgrades. A few roof shapes and a roof texture is not an upgrade, and it took over three years to get either one.

This build mode would be impressive on mobile, but on PC it’s really not. I don’t blame build mode on performance issues, I blame it on the game being designed for online only play.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Terrain and water tools will never be added. This engine wasn't made to support such features.
    Sims 4 is much better nowadays but there's only so much they can do with an engine not meant to support this kind of gameplay.
    I don't see why they can't introduce adjustable (heightwise) platforms. They would be useful in making stages, both "L" and "U" stair shapes plus you get the added advantage of using them as flat roofs (as long as the sides can be covered with the same floor tile). It would be a win win in so many ways IMO. :)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    sawdust wrote: »
    I don't see why they can't introduce adjustable (heightwise) platforms. They would be useful in making stages, both "L" and "U" stair shapes plus you get the added advantage of using them as flat roofs (as long as the sides can be covered with the same floor tile). It would be a win win in so many ways IMO. :)

@sawdust I agree, that would be awesome!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

I'm not waiting out 3 more years of this game just to see if they ever get around to making any of the things builders have been begging for.

Being optimistic about a poll that was taken almost what 3 months ago now about different types of stairs... and nothing has come out right? and Different style stairs, that should have been in the game from the beginning... is not going to make me reinstall and suddenly like this version of the sims. They are going to have to do a lot better than just making one different stair type based on a poll.

Build Mode is done. They have totally abandoned it. I suggest seeking out other fun building games to keep the creative juices flowing
    thevogel wrote: »
    I'm not waiting out 3 more years of this game just to see if they ever get around to making any of the things builders have been begging for.

Being optimistic about a poll that was taken almost what 3 months ago now about different types of stairs... and nothing has come out right? and Different style stairs, that should have been in the game from the beginning... is not going to make me reinstall and suddenly like this version of the sims. They are going to have to do a lot better than just making one different stair type based on a poll.

Build Mode is done. They have totally abandoned it. I suggest seeking out other fun building games to keep the creative juices flowing

You got any suggestions for other building games?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't think build mode has been abandoned. @SimGuruKate has just added 48 gallery game changers to the program and I believe with their direct line of communication and suggestions to the gurus we'll be seeing some new build features soon. Speaking of gallery game changers big shout outs to @ehaught58 and @AlbaWaterhouse!

ETA: Forgive me if I missed any other forum members who were selected. Need to check the list again.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    The lack of water features at this point is unbelievable. That's the most egregrious omission for me, since I enjoy building but haven't yet ventured into any of the more advanced tools and tricks.

ETA: Saw this Tweet on @simgirl1010 's Guru Tweet thread:

For crying out loud the list must not be that long because there’s not that many types of stair. I don’t know why Maxis even says these things anymore, they have consistently talked about having big plans for build mode and have consistently failed to produce any major upgrades. A few roof shapes and a roof texture is not an upgrade, and it took over three years to get either one.

This build mode would be impressive on mobile, but on PC it’s really not. I don’t blame build mode on performance issues, I blame it on the game being designed for online only play.

how can stair types be half the list.

must be a very short list
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited August 2018
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Terrain and water tools will never be added. This engine wasn't made to support such features.
    Sims 4 is much better nowadays but there's only so much they can do with an engine not meant to support this kind of gameplay.

not in build mode it isn't :#

and agree.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I don't think build mode has been abandoned. @SimGuruKate has just added 48 gallery game changers to the program and I believe with their direct line of communication and suggestions to the gurus we'll be seeing some new build features soon

May I ask what Gallery game changers are you talking about?
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't think build mode has been abandoned. @SimGuruKate has just added 48 gallery game changers to the program and I believe with their direct line of communication and suggestions to the gurus we'll be seeing some new build features soon

The Game Changers Program just added Simmers that use the Gallery (48 of them) and now they're looking to add people that have simblrs to the program @sawdust
    edited August 2018
    I mistakenly said 48. It was 47.
    47 of the best builders in the community.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943598/simguru-sims-4-tweets#latest
    aricarai wrote: »

The Game Changers Program just added Simmers that use the Gallery (48 of them) and now they're looking to add people that have simblrs to the program @sawdust

And how does that improve build mode? Sounds to me like another high school tactic of making the popular kids more popular and the unpopular ones remain unnoticed.

It does absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the game. It's all fluff and window dressing.

And how does that improve build mode? Sounds to me like another high school tactic of making the popular kids more popular and the unpopular ones remain unnoticed.

It does absolutely nothing to improve the quality of the game. It's all fluff and window dressing.

OK. We'll see. :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2018

As @simgirl1010 said, we shall see and it's a way for Simmers to give opinions on build mode. I'm not sure what you mean by making the popular kids more popular? If you're talking about Simmers with huge numbers or a big following, there's Simmers of all sizes (numbers wise) in the program, so I'm unsure of what you mean by your analogy @sawdust. @SimGuruKate has been super open about what The Sims team look for in Game Changers. I can tell you that becoming a Game Changer is not solely based on numbers, but also on engagement with the community, so I'm thinking you might be misinformed about what the program actually entails; it's not a popularity contest despite what you and many others may think.
    Right, we'll see. I guess the list that has been bookmarked these last four years was a waste of time then. The game can't change till a committee is appointed. ;)

Give me a break! :roll eyes
  • TanjuskaTanjuska Posts: 44 Member
    Right, we'll see. I guess the list that has been bookmarked these last four years was a waste of time then. The game can't change till a committee is appointed. ;)

Give me a break! :roll eyes

Where did anyone say anything like that? And why are you being snarky to people that are just trying to be nice and positive? It's not their fault that build mode is lacking.
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited August 2018

You got any suggestions for other building games?

Well...that depends. If it's still a sims style building you need to get your fix..then i would suggest that you go back to Sims 2 or 3. Both games work very well on newer computers and Operating systems. If you go with sims3 I Would recommend downloading some of Nraas Mods nraas.wikispaces.com/Update%20History And keep in mind that the site is moving soon, so I would recommend doing that now.

If You enjoy city building, Go to Steam and get Banished (survival and building...very fun and will consume your life) and City Skylines. If you want tips on City skylines...I suggest watching some great tutorials on YouTube by ImperialJedi. He also does Live Twitch stream every Sunday.

That's it for now. There are so many different type of building, strategy, and survival games that can really fill that need, it's just a matter of finding what really makes you happy.

@sawdust forgive my delay in response...I don't come to this forum very often anymore, I find I don't really have much of a reason to anymore since I don't play TS4. I do like to keep up with the peeps in the Sims 3 forum, but I'll try to pop into this thread more often.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2018
    Waiting for new build mode tools/features like:

LkEZkMP.png?1

Although, I am so overwhelmed with joy by the fact that we finally have sliding doors and ceiling fans. Been 4 years fighting on those sliding doors, it's a small step for me, but a big step for TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

I pulled a few comments out from this thread as they were off topic.

Let's keep this about The Sims 4 Build Mode.

Thanks,
    Mage