Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Build Mode is Abandoned [ UPDATE] Good News.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I don't know anything about game engines but is there any way for it to be "Patched" or changed to accommodate more terrain tools that we want?
    I do feel that walking distances have been enlarged since Cats and Dogs. I right-clicked and followed a dog when he was let out for a run and he ran around for miles it seemed to me.
  • MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member

We need a BUILDERS STUFF pack!!! The pack could address all the things we are lacking.I have a beef about houses that use raised foundations in Sims 4 because when you build a fence, it applies a foundation to it!
    In my fantasy world, this pack would have:
    • Option to turn foundations on/off for lots so you may build a variety of structures on one lot.
    • Tall Gates for tall fences!
    • Mansard roof
    • Solar roof panels-with in game benefit where your Sims household bills get lower and it causes a positive 'environmental hero' moodlet.
    • Scalloped exterior WALL panels (not just roof)
    • Tudor style wall panels
    • Stone siding Panels with larger rocks for castle like looks
    • Gingerbread style molding for roof lines
    • More "homey" options for medium-tall and especially Extra-tall walls, done in the style of Victorian, Mission and Medieval etc. The current Extra tall doors look like Mall entrances
    • L shape, stairs with landings and curved stairs
    • SPIRAL STAIRS

This would be awesome i think.
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    The game will not receive any updates this month. According to @SimGuruKate , a new and fun free content will be arriving next month with the next update.

What are the chances of finally being improvements to build mode? Don't know. But I would be very happy if it finally happened. We've waited too long.
    tenor.gif
    edited October 2018
    Today is a day of great happiness, because finally this publication is receiving a very important answer on the build mode.

TODAY WAS ANNOUNCED THAT TERRAIN TOOLS ARE BEING DEVELOPED FOR THE SIMS 4!

giphy.gif
    I'm still IN SHOCK, because of all the tools present on this list, terrain tools was the feature I found most unlikely to be done.

This is a community victory, a very significant day for all of us who have been arguing in this publication for so long about things that can come to the game.

After terrain tools, which in my view is the most complex thing that could be done, I have faith that all other features will also come.

Many thanks to all the producers involved in the development of the game, especially in this tool.
    Post edited by celipoesias on
    tenor.gif
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2018
    Today is a day of great happiness, because finally this publication is receiving a very important answer on the build mode.

TODAY WAS ANNOUNCED THAT TERRAIN TOOLS ARE BEING DEVELOPED FOR THE SIMS 4!

giphy.gif
    I'm still IN SHOCK, because of all the tools present on this list, terrain tools was the resource I found most unlikely to be done.

This is a community victory, a very significant day for all of us who have been arguing in this publication for so long about things that can come to the game.

After terrain tools, which in my view is the most complex thing that could be done, I have faith that all other resources will also come.

Many thanks to all the producers involved in the development of the game, especially in this tool.

@celipoesias You took the words right out of my mouth! I said the exact same thing a little while ago on another thread.
    Great job, EA/Maxis! Thank you so much... Let's see some more!!! :smiley:
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Congrats to the builders! I'm bad at building, but I can't wait to see what all of you can do with the terrain tools very soon..!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    This is actually pretty huge for TS4 after 4 years. I might actually go back to building in the game.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Congrats to all the builders out there I am already happy with the game because Toddlers are already here, but I know the pain of waiting it for arrive without any knowledge of getting it but being suprised by the devs. Congrats to all 🙂
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    HOORAY! It's going to be so much fun building with these when they go live! Thank you to all the builders who have kept the flames of hope fanned in this thread and others so that we finally get this feature in TS4!
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I'm so happy to hear about the terrain tool! That's really going to improve the whole building experience. Very excited for this feature now, and further building tools. <3
    My God! Only now that I realized that separate foundations are also coming!

giphy.gif
    tenor.gif
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I saw the news about the new build mode features today, and I was quite happy to see it. I'm excited to get my hands on the new toys...especially since I'm getting a new, more powerful laptop soon... >:)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    My God! Only now that I realized that separate foundations are also coming!

giphy.gif

AHA!!!

So we are getting separate foundations! Finally! I'll definitely play with that!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    This is honestly just so amazing! I was really feeling uninspired lately and this will add a whole new dimension to building! I guess they actually are listening!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
    This is a huge advancement in Ts4 i wish we had this from the start. 4 years just making bland flat houses what a shame....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    A SimGuru announced you can't paint the sides of the raised terrain, which I don't really understand.. since you can paint all the flat terrain in a lot. :confused:
    Terra wrote: »
    A SimGuru announced you can't paint the sides of the raised terrain, which I don't really understand.. since you can paint all the flat terrain in a lot. :confused:

Another limitation from TS4. Hiw disappointing. You could in TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This is a huge advancement in Ts4 i wish we had this from the start. 4 years just making bland flat houses what a shame....

I mean It did help develop my building skills, with terrain tools, it will going to challenge us if our building skill is enough :D
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Terra wrote: »

What the hell??!!! Just as I thought they could do no wrong with this. Painting the sides of raised terrain should be an obvious part of the update.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I'm not really a builder myself but I'm certainly looking forward to all the creations the builders will come up with. Good times. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Two words: POND TOOLS!!!! Still waiting. :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Yes, this is why I want more large lots. It's not about building huge houses. You can do more around the lot.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2018
    catitude5 wrote: »

Yes, this is why I want more large lots. It's not about building huge houses. You can do more around the lot.

Then there's me being insane in Sims 3. @catitude5 :mrgreen:

Screenshot-3.jpg

But seriously...they do need the option of larger lots in TS4...it gives a lot more flexibility....as well as the pond tools I mentioned. I do however like the push-pull feature for building rooms in TS4 since it does make building a lot easier for those who don't like the building aspect - just drag, drop and go...into game-mode.

Me, being an ex-realtor, just loves building houses...and well, periodically, I get bored of the houses in my legacy game in TS3 so I rebuild my houses from scratch. My legacy family has had at least 8 house changes since it started.

Would be nice to have that flexibility in building houses with ponds in TS4.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

Too little too late for me. All they did was make the tools they use to create the worlds available to us...but limited as usual. I just can't....and won't support this company, this game, or even try to be "on board".

To Quote a very wise person who brings the sting of truth " The problem here is the subjective intent and tone that EA carries when releasing an update like this. They're attempting to pull a fast one and give off the impression they're doing something great, brave and new for the Sims franchise when in reality, they finally patched another hole in a pair of pants that looks like swiss cheese."

You don't get a pat on the back from everyone EA. If you were invested in Us...your paying customers...this kind of thing wouldn't need to be disguised as "job well done"....they don't deserve a trophy every time they give us a feature that should've been in the base game
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    Too little too late for me. All they did was make the tools they use to create the worlds available to us...but limited as usual. I just can't....and won't support this company, this game, or even try to be "on board".

To Quote a very wise person who brings the sting of truth " The problem here is the subjective intent and tone that EA carries when releasing an update like this. They're attempting to pull a fast one and give off the impression they're doing something great, brave and new for the Sims franchise when in reality, they finally patched another hole in a pair of pants that looks like swiss cheese."

You don't get a pat on the back from everyone EA. If you were invested in Us...your paying customers...this kind of thing wouldn't need to be disguised as "job well done"....they don't deserve a trophy every time they give us a feature that should've been in the base game

Sounds like you've been talking to DC. :)

Here's to more holes being patched in the next three years.