Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relax autonomous action on bed?

My teen sim had just aged up into a young adult after waking up from the bed. I asked him to go back to sleep because it was too early, and this autonomous action named "relax" appeared in his queue, where the icon is the symbol with two people in it, like Sims 1's logo.

Has this happened to anyone before? I didn't know about this.
xOmX33x.jpg
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    It happens in my game. The sim lies down for about 2 seconds and then goes under the covers. I haven't seen the icon if there was one, as it happens so fast. I thought it was some kind of a glitch, but it does seems like the sim will just relax on the bed. May be something that will come later in the game. Let's hope so !
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Melpomena wrote: »
    It happens in my game. The sim lies down for about 2 seconds and then goes under the covers. I haven't seen the icon if there was one, as it happens so fast. I thought it was some kind of a glitch, but it does seems like the sim will just relax on the bed. May be something that will come later in the game. Let's hope so !

Yeah, same here! I was thinking we might get new bed actions in the future. The icon went by too fast so I couldn't get a screenshot, but I know what I saw
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Teen and children sims will sometimes do this when they get up or lie down. I think it has something to do with the way the sleep interaction works on the single bed because I've only ever seen them do on a single bed. I'm not sure if YA/Adults/Elders do it too since I almost never had them use single beds. Toddlers can also sit on their beds for extended periods of time when they're eating, chatting with a sim (though usually it's one that sat down after they were already on the bed) or being read a story.

I would love to see relaxing brought back and also one of my favorite Sims 3 actions which was reading in bed though I never could figure out how to get them to do that consistently. What I'd really love to see is them being able watch TV in bed while lying down even if it was something that was the result of the multi-tasking system stacking a relax on the bed and a watch TV action together.
    ~ ~ ~
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I wish autonomous woohoo would be reinstated.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    The "Relax" interaction is in the game code. It just wasn't totally enabled for some unknown reason. Shimrod's All Beds Same Comfort Mod enabled it, for all beds and everyone, as a choice in the menu. I can't remember if the newest version has it, tho, because a different modder is maintaining it now, and I'm not in the game to look.
    The "Relax" interaction is in the game code. It just wasn't totally enabled for some unknown reason. Shimrod's All Beds Same Comfort Mod enabled it, for all beds and everyone, as a choice in the menu. I can't remember if the newest version has it, tho, because a different modder is maintaining it now, and I'm not in the game to look.

I wonder why they didn't fully enable it. Maybe it had some issues with the multitasking system that they were never able to solve?

• Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

I wonder why they didn't fully enable it. Maybe it had some issues with the multitasking system that they were never able to solve?

Quite possibly, because I tried, of course, to have my Sims watch TV and Relax at the same time, but no dice. I couldn't find anything else they could do, either, like reading. I'm sure it could be done, it's probably just finding the time or inclination to make it compatible to multitask. It's really not much use without that, just relaxing, because realistically you would be doing something else as well. :)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Instead of musical chairs, it's musical beds. I don't expect Relaxing options to work for beds if they can't even fix being able to make Sims sit down for something in their virtual lives.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    It's funny, because ever since I went back to TS4 the musical chairs problem was no longer that bad for me. They'd often just sit next to the nearest sim and that's it

• AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    It happened to me too, I was so confused at first! I wish they enabled it fully because I would love to see my sims relaxing on their beds while watching TV or reading a book, it's just so silly when they do it sitting on the bed
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Lying on bed animation is in game but hidden for some reason I dont know. It should have been an interaction :unamused:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/