Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird thing with elders aging

Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
So I had two married elders that were aging seemingly at the same rate. They were showing 69 years old and the bar across looked like it was near the end for both of them.

When they aged to 70 the bar moved back a bit as though they have a lot more time to go. Isn’t that kind of strange?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited February 2018
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    So I had two married elders that were aging seemingly at the same rate. They were showing 69 years old and the bar across looked like it was near the end for both of them.

When they aged to 70 the bar moved back a bit as though they have a lot more time to go. Isn’t that kind of strange?

Sometimes days lived is weird. Maybe it is caused by the fact that elder life stage lenght varies. Elders created in CAS have 11 days left. Depending on their aspiration bar and random number, elder life stage can last from 9 days to 30 days.
    In Veronaville, the aging bar for Patrizio Monty shows that he has lived 9 days and for Isabella Monty the aging bar says that she has lived only one day. Very weird, especially because when sim becomes an elder, the aging bar shows that they have lived 54 days.
    But like I have said many times: Days lived doesn't count. The game just doesn't show you how many days has the elder got left.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Sometimes days lived is weird. Maybe it is caused by the fact that elder life stage lenght varies. Elders created in CAS have 11 days left. Depending on their aspiration bar and random number, elder life stage can last from 9 days to 30 days.
    In Veronaville, the aging bar for Patrizio Monty shows that he has lived 9 days and for Isabella Monty the aging bar says that she has lived only one day. Very weird, especially because when sim becomes an elder, the aging bar shows that they have lived 54 days.
    But like I have said many times: Days lived doesn't count. The game just doesn't show you how many days has the elder got left.

The premade Sims were cheated to be the ages they are. Born in game Sims will show more realistic days lived.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

I seen this before also. I think it the game calculating lifetime want fulfillment, aspiration, ect. Elders are odd as they are the only ones without a specific amount of days set in stone.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

The premade Sims were cheated to be the ages they are. Born in game Sims will show more realistic days lived.

Actually, I once turned a child into an elder with cheats and the aging bar still showed that they have lived 54 days.
    So only pre-made elder's aging bar is weird. For sims born in game, pre-made or created in CAS, it is normal
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Actually, I once turned a child into an elder with cheats and the aging bar still showed that they have lived 54 days.
    So only pre-made elder's aging bar is weird. For sims born in game, pre-made or created in CAS, it is normal

EA likely had more cheats in their arsenal for making the premades.

And where are you getting the "54 days from"? I've never had that happen when hovering over the age bar for anyone than elders. Everyone but elders only says X days left.
    edited March 2018

EA likely had more cheats in their arsenal for making the premades.

And where are you getting the "54 days from"? I've never had that happen when hovering over the age bar for anyone than elders. Everyone but elders only says X days left.

My game also doesn't shows how many days has the elder got left to live. Only how many days have they lived not how many days have they got left. I hope I made it clear.
    I think it doesn't show how many days have elder got left because this life stage duration varies. Some sims live 24 days and some 12. You never know. However, a program called SimPE does tell how many days has the elder got left to live.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    There's a days left shrub found HERE that can also help tell how many days a sim had left in their current lifestage.It even tells how many days an elder has left in their life before passing on.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg