March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How To Attract Vampires?

I updated my MC Command Center and found this amazing option of Risky Vampirism. I thought it was an awesome addition because I would love my sims life story to be as authentic as possible meaning that if in their story I want them to be forcibly turned it wouldn't really fit if I had them ask Vlad to turn them.
So I set the percentage of the chance of a risky turning so all I had to do was wait for a vampire attack right? Well, nope because they apparently want to be stubborn. I haven't had a vampire attack my whole game play.
I'm playing on long lifespan and its almost over and my sim still hasn't been visited.
The tutorial attack didn't happen either.
I'm living in an apartment with gremlins so I wait till 12 AM to go to bed so they don't wreck everything and so my sim was awake when he visited, so no attack. Then for a moment Caleb appeared but he has the guilty drinker trait so I don't think he or Lilith actually do anything but show up and leave.

I've tried speaking about vampires to others sims and I have the vampire nexus trait on my lot, and I've almost maxed the vampire lore skill trying to invoke them into existence. I really don't know what to do.
This hasn't happened in my previous saves, I had no problem getting attacked.

Comments

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Oh, maybe you could take over Vlad for a bit and have him turn your Sim that way? I know it's sub optimal, but if her life is almost over, it's almost over.
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Oh, maybe you could take over Vlad for a bit and have him turn your Sim that way? I know it's sub optimal, but if her life is almost over, it's almost over.

Yeah, that might be what I end up having to do. What I'm most concerned about is why a vampire hasn't visited at all.
    It's a little weird because before this save file I was getting them all the time but now it's super quiet. I'm worried something is broken.
    Thank you for your comment! <3
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I've noticed this too. I've spent all evening trying to turn my sim into a vampire and they're nowhere to be found. Usually if I sit in Forgotten Hollow at night, Vlad and the other vampires walk by constantly, but not tonight.

I just updated my game a few hours ago with the latest patch and now the vampires seem to be staying home. I can look through the windows of their houses and see them inside, but they don't come out. My sim is at level 7 of the vampire skill. I've taken her to vampire houses and had her knock on the door and go inside so she could meet them, but after that I never see them. I even took a tent to Forgotten Hollow and had her camp out so she could spend a lot of time there, but absolutely no vampires walk by.

I'm wondering if something is broken as well.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2018
    Probably enough people complained and they nerfed vampire attacks on residences... you know who you are!

Though if they took the time to do that, they would've also fixed the whole thing about vampires doing the same thing on community lots, so idk.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I can confirm that the home invasions are still going on, the teenage son in one of my families got it in the neck the other night. He had just aged up so great birthday present for the kid - not.

What traits does your sim's lot have aside from Gremlins? If the Vampire Nexus trait doesn't attract vampires to your lot why the hell do they have it in the game?

Are there any lot types that your vampires hang out at? Mine like the gym, I sent one to the gym today and they out force as usual but at least I could get a non-vampiric trainer this time (I didn't see Lilith about so maybe she given up on the gym trainer malarky)
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Forgot to mention mine also like to go to the dance parties, so next time you get an invite go along and see who turns up.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I have a nightclub in Forgotten Hollow specifically to cater vampires. If I wanna go find one, going there is a guarantee.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    edited February 2018
    I can confirm that the home invasions are still going on, the teenage son in one of my families got it in the neck the other night. He had just aged up so great birthday present for the kid - not.

What traits does your sim's lot have aside from Gremlins? If the Vampire Nexus trait doesn't attract vampires to your lot why the hell do they have it in the game?

Are there any lot types that your vampires hang out at? Mine like the gym, I sent one to the gym today and they out force as usual but at least I could get a non-vampiric trainer this time (I didn't see Lilith about so maybe she given up on the gym trainer malarky)

Besides Gremlins and Vampire Nexus, I have Science Lair.
    I've been earning money like crazy and was going to move to the empty lot in Forgotten Hollow. Maybe a regular sleeping time and a new place will shock them into a feeding frenzy.
    I have a nightclub in Forgotten Hollow specifically to cater vampires. If I wanna go find one, going there is a guarantee.

That's a very good idea. I think I'm going to create one too!