Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update seems to have messed up the skill bar.

I applied the update that was available and suddenly when I read a new skill book or continue one, the progress bar is no longer available. I did all the usual things (clear cache, repair, restart Origin and my PC) Not sure if anyone else is having this happen to them, but it's happening in my game.
Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png

Comments

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    The one over their head ? only for the skill books or generally ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yeah the one over my head when reading a skill book. However, if I for example practice making drinks at a bar it seems to work just fine.

Also came to give an update and say I was mistaken about new skill books (ones I haven't learned yet), those work as they should. It's the skill books that I continue to learn from. While testing things out, it seems to stop working once I reach level 4. The bar no longer shows up at that point.

I have another skill I am learning that is at three, so once I get to level four I'll come back and inform whether or not it happens with that one too.
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Just tested this with the comedy skill in my game and I had no issues with the bar showing up.

The question is: Mods ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Someone brought up to me elsewhere that skill books stop working once I reach level 4 and that was the reason I didn't see the skill bar. I could have sworn it was level 5 when I had to switch to the next one, but I was mistaken. All is good now.

Thank you for the assistance though.
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    You have to buy the next skill book to learn higher than level 4. If I remember correctly for Sims 4 (it's different for Sims 3), Skill Book Vol. 1 is good for Skill Levels 1-4, Skill Book Vol. 2 is good for Skill Levels 5-7 and Skill Book Vol. 3 is for Levels 8-10.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Bad Arkane wrote: »
    Yeah the one over my head when reading a skill book. However, if I for example practice making drinks at a bar it seems to work just fine.

Also came to give an update and say I was mistaken about new skill books (ones I haven't learned yet), those work as they should. It's the skill books that I continue to learn from. While testing things out, it seems to stop working once I reach level 4. The bar no longer shows up at that point.

I have another skill I am learning that is at three, so once I get to level four I'll come back and inform whether or not it happens with that one too.

@Tremayne4260 beat me to it -- try buying and reading the next volume (Volume 2 for 5-7, Vol. 3 for 8-9; level 10 you have to do the activity, you can't get there by skill books) and see if you still have the issue with the bar not showing up. Sometimes if you try and read Vol. 1, your Sims get a Bored moodlet for reading something too easy so that's another sign you're reading the wrong book.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)