Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Random Idea

A random idea popped into my head recently, so I decided to share it her because why not. This isn't a sims 4 or 5 idea, maybe it could happen in the distant future, like sims 7 if there is one or something. I need to get to the point.

Multiplayer. People have already talked about this and a lot of people have some strong opinions about the topic, but I just wanted to get a little conversation started to get some other people's opinions. If it were to happen, there would probably still be a single player version. You'd have your single player version, exactly the same as we've always played, but then you'd have multiplayer, nearly identical, except, obviously, you play with other people.

Your sims would be friends with another person's sims, which they could have multiple of. You can still have multiple households and sims. But you would have a 'god menu' (Best name I could think of sorry), where all your friend's usernames would be and chats and all that.

With expansion packs, say your friend has an expansion that you don't have, you can still see any items they use from it and interact with their sims, but you can't use the features yourself or interact with objects with new interactions. Once you get that expansion, all those features will be available. And if your friend isn't online, you can still interact with their sims, except they'll just act like a normal townie.

That's all I have for now, if you have anything to add or just something to say about it, your thoughts are welcome. :)
~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
Talkin talkin talkin
I do what I do, so you do you
Dirty dirty
You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
~

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I wouldn't even think of buying a multiplayer only Sims game. I play for the genetics, that won't be possible in a multiplayer mode for a number of reasons.

But in general the following would kill any main series Sims game having a legit multiplayer mode:

1. How would the system handle marriages and divorces? What if you married an NPC who was actually a person's Sim who had just not logged on in a while and then they logged in and found their Sim married to your Sim? Or what if it happened to you? Or how would the game handle divorce in the case of non-mutual falling out or if one player suddenly stops logging in?
    2. How would the system handle who gets control of the kids if the parents are played by two different players?
    3. How would aging work if you were active but your Sim's spouse's player not be active? Or vice versa. Would you want your Sim to be dead because you couldn't play for a few months but your friend was able to play for hours and hours?
    4. How would the game handle ownership if two friends go their separate ways with regards to things formerly married Sims had that they would have only had 1 of? Like the house.

And that's just the logistical of how to have the game itself operate. Just read up on the social aspect of The Sims Online to see how the social side is a major turn off for me.
  • Options
    BiggieCheeseBiggieCheese Posts: 435 Member
    edited February 2018
    You made some interesting points, and thinking about it, there are many reasons why it might not work. I thought of it randomly so I haven't really thought it out. With your first point, marriage, asking to be girlfriend/boyfriend, etc. would only be available when both players are online. With your second and fourth points, players would just have to decide who gets to play with the kids, or who gets to own the house. With number 3, I haven't really thought about that. Don't know how I forgot about it honestly. But I'm sure there could be many ways to combat this.

Edit: Aging would just continue for everyone even when you're not online. That would be the only way to make it fair, and the only way that it could really work.
    Post edited by BiggieCheese on
    ~Keep on chit-chatting, saying this and that
    Talkin talkin talkin
    I do what I do, so you do you
    Dirty dirty
    You can’t stop me lovin’ myself
    ~