Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My discussion count is going up on it's own

As the title says, my discussion count is currently at 10 when I only have six discussions, (11 and 7 after I post this I'm sure) it isn't super important but I thought I would bring it up and ask if anyone else is noticing this.

Comments

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have the same thing. My discussion count says 20, but I've only made 6. I think sometimes posts you make on your profile might count as discussions.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I have the same thing. My discussion count says 20, but I've only made 6. I think sometimes post you make on your profile might count as discussions.

As in pms or wall posts? I used to do a lot of wall posts so if those were counting I should be much higher. If it's pms it's quite possible, I don't start as many of those.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    It could be including pms. I just counted how many I have, and it's 14 which would equal 20 when added to the 6 discussions I've made. But some of the messages were started by the other person, so I don't know.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    It could be including pms. I just counted how many I have, and it's 14 which would equal 20 when added to the 6 discussions I've made. But some of the messages were started by the other person, so I don't know.

Just started a pm and nothing changed, I'll tag the mods they probably have more insight. Thank you for the help, and confirming I'm not going loopy. :D:)
    @EA_Lanna @EA_Leeloo @EA_Mage
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited February 2018
    @BeJaWa
    The post count can go up if you're reporting posts that goes against forum rules. I've had this happen to me as well.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have the same thing. My discussion count says 20, but I've only made 6. I think sometimes posts you make on your profile might count as discussions.

@LiaRose1435,

Posts made to your wall doesn't count towards the post/discussion count. This is something that I tell new members who go and make several posts to their wall thinking that they will get their post count up to become a full member. Also, PM's don't count towards the discussion count.
  • EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

lisasc360 is correct, most likely cause for your discussion count going up is using the Report function. When you use the Report functions it automatically creates a thread in an area accessible to moderators/employees.

So this is nothing to be concerned about and please keep reporting content that is in violation of forum rules :smile:

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    @EA_Mage thanks for the clarification, the same thing happened to me and it makes sense now :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg