Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do your Sims find their life partners?

13...Next

Comments

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I let my Sim choose.
    Once, I had a coward sim who couldn't find a life partner. At his brother's party, someone caught on fire because of the fireplace. Being a coward, he immediatly ran outside, then fainted. Then, I saw a woman following him and fainting right beside him. They were meant to be together. They got married. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    After my Sim reaches adulthood, I choose one of my other Sims for them to marry, or I make a Sim specially to be their spouse.
    Hejix wrote: »
    Once, I had a coward sim who couldn't find a life partner. At his brother's party, someone caught on fire because of the fireplace. Being a coward, he immediatly ran outside, then fainted. Then, I saw a woman following him and fainting right beside him. They were meant to be together. They got married. ;)
    A match made in heaven haha! (I do hope there will never be a fire in their house though, because the place will burn to the ground :D )
    5JZ57S6.png
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I let my Sim choose.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited December 2018
    Before my Sim reaches adulthood, I choose one of my other Sims for them to marry, or I make a Sim specially to be their future spouse.
    Here are a couple of the teens I made sure inhabited my town before my Sims were old enough to date, the Howell brothers - werewolves, natch! - older brother Teague (now a YA dad with kids of his own) and younger brother Tyson:

rWo5QxV.jpg

l70X0VP.jpg

Teague and the Sim I intended him for have the "Eternally Faithful" moodlet. My Sims can trust me to do well for them in the boyfriend department. :D
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    I let my Sim choose.
    I think planning too much takes the fun outta it. My sims basically just run their own show when it comes to dating. I gotta admit I don't share my current simself's taste right now, though!
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Other (specify in comments)
    Well, in my rotational game (where I don't let Sims age or let story progression happen), I usually create their spouses/partners from the start or I'll create them with the plan of making my Sims have a relationship with them. In legacy games, I wait for them to have whims to go steady, propose or get married.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    My very favorite thing to do is take a friend's sim, add it to my game, and pair them off with mine.

Then I take a lot of pictures and show off all the trouble they get into. And sweetness. And babies.

Failing in that, I'll go for a townie if one is interesting enough.

And if that isn't an option either (eg: empty custom world), I'll make several potential mates of my own, and let them pick. But it's my least favorite way to go about it.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,087 Member
    As soon as "my Sim reaches adulthood, I choose one of my other Sims for them to marry, or I make a Sim specially to be their future spouse."
    4kkjdXo.png

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    It depends on my sim, the town, the residents, and sometimes, what I feel like doing. Sometimes I skip the whole dating thing, which is a pain in the neck anyway, and just start with a married couple. I do that a lot more now than I used to at the beginning, when I almost always started with a single, young adult, female sim. For some sims, I choose someone among the residents of the town for them. Sometimes I'll make a sim and place him for my sim. I mostly play on low free will, but I occasionally play a game with high free will. In that case, I'll let my sim choose for herself. Sometimes I just keep my sim single for life.

With second generation sims, if they become romantically involved with someone during their prom, I will eventually have them marry that sim. But other times, I have them break it off, if I don't feel that sim is right for them. Sometimes I'll check the traits off all the teen males and choose one for them, and make sure they get together, even if I need to use NRaas Master Controller to make them steadies while they're in school together. Once, I imported a sim from another town to marry my sims' oldest daughter, the one I kept playing after she married. I changed Romeo Rake, from Bridgeport, to a young adult, moved him into their town, found out where he was that evening, sent her there to meet him, and had her chat him up, then spam him with romantic interactions until she was able to ask him to go steady. I didn't want him getting involved with anyone else before she had a change to catch him.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    They kind of find someone or I make a few suitable candidates in CAS and see if my SIM finds any of them suitable
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    After my Sim reaches adulthood, I choose one of my other Sims for them to marry, or I make a Sim specially to be their spouse.
    I usually pick one of my other sims out for my sims to marry when they reach adult hood. That can include sims I've downloaded from the gallery too.

I'm expimenting now with the blind date opportunity and if that works out that's who they'll wind up marrying.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited December 2018
    My sims basically marry their IF, but due to my sim did not have a IF, he fell in love with his best friend from childhood, but as time went on she was kind of mean, yet he became engaged to her. I didn't like her being mean like that to him, so I made a YA sim for him, they fell in love at their first meeting. So my sims went to see the sims he was engaged to and broke it off. He did marry the new girl and they are happy, yet his ex keeps calling to talk to him and he refuses her calls. they will be moving soon.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Rarely do I have one pre chosen for my sim. Usually I meet different people and then pick which ones personality and looks appeal the most. Although it is funny when the one I choose just doesn’t work lol. Adds a bit of drama for my gameplay.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I let my Sim choose.
    I let them choose, to an extent. I might have in my mind who I think would be perfect for them, but sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes the traits don't align, or there's another sim who my sim gets along with better - so I let them follow their heart. Some relationships are easier than others, just like IRL. I love that about Sims. It keeps it interesting. XD
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    Before my Sim reaches adulthood, I choose one of my other Sims for them to marry, or I make a Sim specially to be their future spouse.
    As soon as a sim becomes a child I create a family with a child who will become their spouse. I start them off becoming friends from childhood. Then their parents become friends too.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    As soon as a sim becomes a child I create a family with a child who will become their spouse. I start them off becoming friends from childhood. Then their parents become friends too.

@February11 I like that idea, may just try that one with my next sim