Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Entangled Among The Branches ~ Updated 6/24/21!

AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
While taking a brief break from my Decades Challenge story, and with support, encouragement and inspiration from @LadyLobster and @Haids5987, I've been working on a little side project~

Entangled follows Ainsley Beanblossom, a young woman battling depression, anxiety and living alone for the first time in her life. In the small town of Brindleton Bay, she seeks peace of mind with the hope of being able to put her life back together. Instead, Ainsley finds sheer nonsense in the form of grinning cats, overly-enthusiastic forest children, and voices that aren't actually there...

Entangled Among The Branches

508prg2.jpg

As I'm sure you can tell, this story is very heavily influenced by Alice in Wonderland and other fairytales. It also contains themes of depression that are very much inspired by my own real life experiences. Although these themes have been minor thus far, I would still recommend caution if you are sensitive to topics of depression, as it could become heavier in later chapters!

I would also ask that you take a look at the content warning on the About section of the story home page!

I hope you're able to enjoy this as much as I've enjoyed writing it so far! And even more-so, I hope you're able to find a means of escape in the whimsical world of my Sims from the crazy entanglement of life. <3

Post edited by Ashubii on

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO! Entangled has hit the presses! I can't wait to learn more about Ainsley Beanblossom and her adventures in Wonderl--I mean Brindleton Bay. ;)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    So glad to see you finally post this story! <3<3 Was wondering when you'd make it public.

Looking forward to future chapters...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    @Haids5987 @LadyLobster I know I took forever, because I'm a shy fairy ;n; But I'm so glad I have support from both of you! <3<3 I probably wouldn't have ever shared it otherwise xD
    Things are starting to get a bit weirder for Ainsley than they already were...

Chapter Four

6RSbeUa.png
    It's getting a lot harder to tell what's real and what isn't in Ainsley's world...

Chapter Five

etZUv9H.png
    "The time has come," the Walrus said...

Chapter Six

HYegx6l.png
    It doesn't feel like Brindleton Bay any longer...

Chapter Seven

hckNvKn.png

EeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee! It's getting real now! :mrgreen: I really, really love Cat. I imagine her voice kind of a cross between Emma Stone and Kathleen Turner--deep and mysterious, but also playful. Her smiles are the BEST, and I absolutely love that she was just a random stray. Perfect choice!

Nice house, by the way. ;)
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    EeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee! It's getting real now! :mrgreen: I really, really love Cat. I imagine her voice kind of a cross between Emma Stone and Kathleen Turner--deep and mysterious, but also playful. Her smiles are the BEST, and I absolutely love that she was just a random stray. Perfect choice!

Nice house, by the way. ;)

Yeah that house was totally great, whoever made it is amazing and beyond creative! ;)

Wow, Kathleen Turner is actually an almost perfect match for how I imagined her voice! Emma Stone has a great voice too, but she sounds a little too young compared to how Cat is in my head xD
    The game really came through for me with Cat ahaha~! I actually wanted to give her a real name (or have Ainsley do it), but I was also inspired a lot by the Cat from Neil Gaiman's Coraline, and there's something cats not having a real, normal name that seems very fitting. Cat doesn't need a name, she doesn't need to be called; she'll be there precisely when she wants and means to be~
    The game really came through for me with Cat ahaha~! I actually wanted to give her a real name (or have Ainsley do it), but I was also inspired a lot by the Cat from Neil Gaiman's Coraline, and there's something cats not having a real, normal name that seems very fitting. Cat doesn't need a name, she doesn't need to be called; she'll be there precisely when she wants and means to be~
    I'm actually onboard with that! "Cat" is more mysterious and suits the character better. We'll call her Kathleen Turner when we're mad at her, lol. "KATHLEEN TURNER BEANBLOSSOM, HOW COULD YOU?!"
    I'm actually onboard with that! "Cat" is more mysterious and suits the character better. We'll call her Kathleen Turner when we're mad at her, lol. "KATHLEEN TURNER BEANBLOSSOM, HOW COULD YOU?!"

I have honored Cat by changing my picture >:) Also, Kathleen Turner is still so perfect xD KaT lol! I love it! <3
    We'll see more of Cat, but she's not going to stop being mysterious and sometimes elusive~
  • somnasimssomnasims Posts: 64 Member
    Hi! I caught up with this story a few days ago but didn't have time to comment then. Anyway, I love the way you write! It makes me forget about the real world in a way, which is what I love most about stories. The way you describe Ainsley's insecurities and anxiety feels very real and I can really relate to her character already. And she's so fierce! Poor Hatter :lol: The other characters are great too, and I can't wait to find out more about them, like what's the deal with B? And Cat is just awesome.
    I also loved the screenshots, especially the ones where Ainsley was running through the forest. I didn't even know Brindleton Bay was so pretty :smiley: Now that Ainsley has made it to the "wonderland" I can't wait for the next chapter! I want to find out what's going on.
    Hi! I caught up with this story a few days ago but didn't have time to comment then. Anyway, I love the way you write! It makes me forget about the real world in a way, which is what I love most about stories. The way you describe Ainsley's insecurities and anxiety feels very real and I can really relate to her character already. And she's so fierce! Poor Hatter :lol: The other characters are great too, and I can't wait to find out more about them, like what's the deal with B? And Cat is just awesome.
    I also loved the screenshots, especially the ones where Ainsley was running through the forest. I didn't even know Brindleton Bay was so pretty :smiley: Now that Ainsley has made it to the "wonderland" I can't wait for the next chapter! I want to find out what's going on.

Thank you so much, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it! :smiley:
    A lot of the writing for Ainsley's insecurities and anxiety is influenced on my own experience, so it's good to know I've managed to make that feel real!
    Brindleton Bay is beauuuutiful, though I must admit that several of the 'Wonderland' scenes actually take place in Windenburg :'(
    This screenshot was in Brindleton:
    But this one was on a large lot I placed in Windenburg (I need to update my links list to add some of these wonderful lots I've found!):
    Hopefully I'll have the next chapter done by or before early next week! Been a busy week for me :'(
    The Hatter has a tale to tell, and it may or may not involve an enraged Queen...
    Chapter Eight

X7f5hAG.png
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Eeeks! I love this so much! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Eeeks! I love this so much! :)

I'm so so glad!! <3
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I'm with CathyTea on the love. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm thirding the love! <3 (is thirding a thing? It is now).
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I'm thirding the love! <3 (is thirding a thing? It is now).
    It sounds very Wonderlandy, so YES, I'm thinkin' it is!

Love, loved this one, Ash! It raised so many questions and more or less demands that you keep reading! I can't wait to see how you interpret this whole Wonderland kerfuffle!
    To the Duchess' house we go!
    Chapter Nine

M7DF25n.png

The poor Duchess. :( She needs a housekeeper and a sponsor!
    The poor Duchess. :( She needs a housekeeper and a sponsor!

Oh, she would LOVE a new housekeeper! And a new cook! Preferably one who doesn't toss pepper and plates all over the place ;)
    edited March 2018
    The table was set up for a good number of guests, but every chair remained empty...
    Chapter Ten

WkOUwsB.png

edited March 2018
    Yikes, Ash, this chapter had me feeling anxious the entire time--you totally set the stage for it to be eerie and unnerving, and oh man, did you deliver! I felt like I was on pins and needles the whole time!

The chemistry between Hatter and Ainsley is so much fun to watch. <3 He's so goofy, so innocent, but seeing the vengeance in his face was like an ice cube slipping down your spine. He means business for sure!

Ainsley's nightmare was VERY nightmarish! The final few screens are chilling. What does that single red heart mean?? Are we going to meet a certain Queen soon, or...?
    Yikes, Ash, this chapter had me feeling anxious the entire time--you totally set the stage for it to be eerie and unnerving, and oh man, did you deliver! I felt like I was on pins and needles the whole time!

The chemistry between Hatter and Ainsley is so much fun to watch. <3 He's so goofy, so innocent, but seeing the vengeance in his face was like an ice cube slipping down your spine. He means business for sure!

Ainsley's nightmare was VERY nightmarish! The final few screens are chilling. What does that single red heart mean?? Are we going to meet a certain Queen soon, or...?

Ainsley would feel terrible for making anyone feel anxious... But I'm not Ainsley, and I am quite pleased to have delivered such an unnerving sensation for this chapter >:)

She's definitely a bit concerned by his sudden need for vengeance, but honestly she's not so different from him. I mean, she hurt the poor guy's teabags just because she thought he was stealing her cat :D

Her nightmares aren't going to stop, so maybe one of them will provide more answers <3 And maybe some of them will be more pleasant :'(