March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life's Lessons - A Sims 4 Story -Discontinued-

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Here (no pics), Chapter 34 of LL
    Read this warning first though:
    Don’t read this one if you get upset by the use of negative words (like ‘mistake’ to give you an idea) about babies. You can skip it and most of what happens will be explained (without the language) in a future chapter. I don’t feel this way, I promise. This is all the individual character’s thoughts.

https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/chapter-34/
    I normally don't have discussions but might if anyone wants to. :) I'm actually planning the rest of season 1 of LL (there's a lot coming) right now. Season 2 follows the kids of our current characters. :)
    *bump* (Because I have nothing to add)
    edited December 2018
    Finally added pics to Chapter 34
    Read this warning first though:
    Don’t read this one if you get upset by the use of negative words (like ‘mistake’ to give you an idea) about babies. You can skip it and most of what happens will be explained (without the language) in a future chapter. I don’t feel this way, I promise. This is all the individual character’s thoughts.

https://lifeslessonsstory.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/chapter-34/
    DuqUAqSXgAAYjl1.jpg:large
    edited January 2019
    I thought I'd share some cute pics of Connor & Dani's kids
    tumblr_pkxqu0LPaA1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pkxrgmoqWz1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pkxrgmoqWz1xlu9nzo2_540.png

tumblr_pkxrf49k7J1xlu9nzo4_540.png
    tumblr_pkxrf49k7J1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pkxrf49k7J1xlu9nzo2_540.png
    tumblr_pkxrf49k7J1xlu9nzo3_540.png

tumblr_pkxr8kF5Qy1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pkxr8kF5Qy1xlu9nzo2_540.png
    tumblr_pkxr8kF5Qy1xlu9nzo3_540.png

tumblr_pkxqriPFqH1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    tumblr_pkxqriPFqH1xlu9nzo2_540.png
    tumblr_pkxqriPFqH1xlu9nzo3_540.png

tumblr_pkts7u1IIi1xlu9nzo1_540.png

The toddler is their son, Brayden (Bray), the one with Dani in the second pic is their son, Jarod & the other boy is their son, Jordan.
    New LL Chapter
    Chapter 35
    tumblr_inline_plkw5hYI7e1v2lczu_540.png
    edited February 2019
    I'm going to put my response here to @CathyTea 's answers to my bookclub questions on LL. :)

CathyTea's answers
    What do you think of Ron and Connor later on in the story in comparison to the first chapter?

We really see a different side of Ron in this first chapter than we do when we see him with Claire.

He seems really angry and sort of abusive with Connor. We don't see the caring and patient guy that he shows himself to be when he's with Claire.

And Connor, who seems sort of irresponsible in this chapter, becomes one of my favorite characters!

What do you think of Dani & Claire?

I especially like Dani. She's got an enthusiasm I admire!

Claire? I really like the way she looks in the screenshots--she's very photogenic! It's obvious that Ron adores her--and I can see why.

She seems to keep a lot to herself. She's dealing with a lot, especially in terms of her health and emotions. It will be interesting to see how she develops.

What do you think of the two main couple's relationships?

Connor and Dani seem to have such a supportive relationship. Connor is very accepting and really provides safety for Dani.

I'm not sure how I feel about Claire and Ron's relationship. It seems a bit enmeshed to me at times--especially for Ron. Sometimes, I get the feeling that Claire feels a little smothered, and while she appreciates Ron's affection and devotion, she sometimes doesn't feel she has the space to be herself--it's like everything closes in on her.

Questions for you, @Bugsie2016 : How far out have you planned the story? Do you have a definite ending in mind? What issues and themes are you aware of exploring as you write this? What do you feel most rewarding about writing this story?

1) Ron is at his wit's end with Connor. He doesn't understand the shift in his friend's personality from the person he knows. I wouldn't call it abusive, more him not understanding. I've discussed the reasons for Connor's attitude with someone before but I'll explain now.
    Connor is usually how we know him later on but in the first couple of chapters he's feeling lost. Dan is half way across the world for work with no wifi (so no chance of them getting to talk until that problem is fixed) and the month before he lost his job when he'd finally settled into it. The sudden shift in Connor's attitude a chapter or so later is getting the first problem resolved (he hadn't spoken to Dan since they left the month before). We probably will see a return of that side of Connor soon enough though as Dan has that yearly trip again.

2) Dani is one of my favourite characters because they're probably one of the characters I've thought the most about. I've thought a lot about them all (I still need to find a way to show everything I know) but Dani is the one I know the most history about. A rough entire story of their life. (Which I'm actually going to show later because I want to.)

As for Claire, she keeps some of her feelings to herself. Mostly all the negative ones. I'm not entirely sure why yet as its something I need to figure out about her. (There's things even I don't know about them)
    3) Connor and Dani (or as I've nicknamed them Cani to simplify it) are best friends before they're partners. Which is true to their history. They met when they were kids and it was Connor's birthday but also Dani's so he shared his class party with them because no one remembered it was also Dani's.
    They were best friends for a long time after that and even when Dan moved in with their mum, they stayed friends. If I recall they started 'dating' when they were 12 (more of an on again off again thing) but have solidly been a couple since they were 15 (they're 24 in story right now as they just had their birthday). Which includes Dan finally accepting their identity as a non binary person (they previously denied it to themselves given their mum's view on it) and everything that came with it (such as being kicked out and moving in with their grandma).

I think Ron and Claire's relationship is complicated. Ron is very open with his emotions while Claire tends not to share. Not because of Ron as its always been a part of her since before she met him. So, Ron doesn't really know anything is ever going on with her until its pointed out because she hides it well.

Although, thanks for pointing out how you think Claire feels suffocated because I think I need to re-evaluate Claire's story once I finish the current part of it. Mainly because that's not the intent of what I'm trying to show.
    I think the only thing like that is with becoming a mum as its not what she wants to be defined by right now. She wanted to wait and have opportunities to be herself and travel the world before settling down. But, her main feeling about it is that (even without the post-natal depression) she didn't really have much control of that once she got pregnant.

The two options most people would have, she didn't think she had. She was raised catholic (and still is) and so she couldn't bring herself to go with one option (you can guess what I'm talking about) and she's with Ron so giving up the baby to someone else also wasn't an option. So she felt backed into a corner with no option but to have the baby she didn't want in the first place.

As for questions for me:

How far out have you planned the story?
    I have planned vaguely until the end. More nearer the end and now I'm filling in the middle.
    Do you have a definite ending in mind?
    I have an idea of when I want to end it but this is going to be a long one. :) Lets just say Rory is a YA by the end. :)
    What issues and themes are you aware of exploring as you write this?
    I haven't quite decided exactly what but I have plans and so I won't reveal those because they'll be important later on.
    What do you feel most rewarding about writing this story?
    I get to share the characters who have come to life in my mind. There's other stuff but I've been typing this for what feels like an hour now.
    edited February 2019
    Finally finished an LL chapter. I want to thank 2 people for this one. @simscognito for proofreading this one for me and @CathyTea for giving me some motivation to get back into screenshotting these with those replies yesterday. Thanks, both of you! :)
    Chapter 36
    tumblr_inline_pmqf6nWm4y1v2lczu_540.png
    And a Cani chapter...
    Chapter 37
    tumblr_inline_po89dxBe1f1v2lczu_540.png
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone wanted to read through my next chapter draft. So, er, let me know if you're interested.
    Another LL Chapter. :)
    Chapter 38
    tumblr_pp7gtfSFNH1xlu9nzo1_540.png
    And a picture-less chapter from the POV of Monty. :)
    Chapter 39 Interlude: Monty
    Working on the next chapter :)
    There's a chapter posted but I'm on mobile so check my Twitter
    Not a chapter but I thought I'd let you know I have a tumblr side blog with a bunch of photos of Cani and their kids.
    Here's the link but I'll post some photos here in case you don't like tumblr.
    tumblr_pu2sszwXCX1y6bnzeo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pu2q3eqVPE1y6bnzeo3_1280.png
    tumblr_pn4vh9Ae1d1y6bnzeo3_1280.png
    tumblr_pn4vh9Ae1d1y6bnzeo1_1280.png
    tumblr_pn4vbyiiB41y6bnzeo4_1280.png
    tumblr_pmmqcpmNgt1y6bnzeo1_540.png
    tumblr_pmmqbcbj4i1y6bnzeo2_540.png
    tumblr_pmmq8lxeHJ1y6bnzeo3_540.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Love all your screenshots! You do such fantastic work. :)
    Would anyone mind if I make the next chapter picture-less? I can't find a good lot to use and I can't build large builds well enough. So, the best option is to just make it picture-less and leave it up to the imagination.
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Would anyone mind if I make the next chapter picture-less? I can't find a good lot to use and I can't build large builds well enough. So, the best option is to just make it picture-less and leave it up to the imagination.

I have read your pictureless works and there are still great. Do what makes your story feel like it's being told best. :)
    I'm hoping to get a new chapter out this week. Just updating mods and stuff. :)