Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

Comments

• Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    No
    Personally I don't think I'll be buying it since I didn't enjoy World Adventures in the Sims 3 so I can't really justify spending money on this. I'm holding out for a beach-themed vacation game pack instead :)
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    Yes
    Yes

But only because I buy all the games.
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I'm not sure. I like the theme but why it's so small again? We got camping pack, now camping in the jungle pack and what's next? camping in the mountains? Why couldn't they make it like one big EP? If they rather made something useful - like weather or finally a colorwheel or at least more color/style options.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Yes
    So far it looks good and even though the prices were put up I am still willing to buy it when it comes out.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Most definitely! WA was also one of my favorites, so much so I continued to send sims to all 3 adventure spots, again and again. Some of those tombs, once I got through them, I definitely did not want to do that again, lol.

I was excited about the title, but the Live Stream put me over the top! PEPS for this GP!

Hey Bshag is back! Glad to see you my friend.

Thanks Reg! Glad to see you as well. I thought we'd lost you until toddlers, lol. Nice to see your posts again!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Most definitely! WA was also one of my favorites, so much so I continued to send sims to all 3 adventure spots, again and again. Some of those tombs, once I got through them, I definitely did not want to do that again, lol.

I was excited about the title, but the Live Stream put me over the top! PEPS for this GP!

Hey Bshag is back! Glad to see you my friend.

Thanks Reg! Glad to see you as well. I thought we'd lost you until toddlers, lol. Nice to see your posts again!

LOL. Well I did go back to Sims 3 - and toddlers plus the Vamps really both brought me back. Caught up on all the missing packs and play 4 most of the time now. I do visit 2 and 3 now and then - but definitely enjoying 4 finally.

So looking forward to the Adventure pack - still love WA - and can see me getting into this one as well.

So it's all good now.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    I am so pumped by this pack that I am or would pre-order this pack(if it is offered) :) being I usually hold off on doing so. however will still look at any trailers that have actual gameplay.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Maybe
    I probably will end up buying it although it reminds me of TS3 pack which i hated. Ive not really followed this pack. Is the new world just for vacations or can you live there?
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yes
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I probably will end up buying it although it reminds me of TS3 pack which i hated. Ive not really followed this pack. Is the new world just for vacations or can you live there?

Just for vacations
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Maybe
    I loved WA and would enjoy having another vacation spot for my Sims. However, I am not happy about paying more twice over.

That is, not only did the previous cost increase for me just because I live on the 'other side' of the Maple Curtain, but it means I'm paying the U.S. exchange rate twice. That is: once, because EA decided that was a good idea to charge more due to monetary exchange rates, and second - because my payments always had to be in U.S. funds anyway (and at a higher than bank rate of exchange) - and I still have to pay in U.S. funds, but now on the new, inflated price.

I can probably afford it but it's the principle of the thing. I have never heard of anything so ridiculous as being charged exchange rates twice.

(Obviously, I'm definitely not over being supremely irked about this yet. Maybe I will be by the time it comes on sale.)
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes
    I can't imagine waiting at all. Even if you didn't care for the WA part of it, it has some really nice additions that I really want. I love WA. This pack makes S4 seem more like the Sims now. I haven't been this excited over watching a trailer since Sims 3 Seasons. :)
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Maybe
    I need to know more even though it looks like something that maybe could motivate to try playing TS4 again. But it is the first thing for TS4 since I stopped playing in 2015 that even makes me consider this. So I fear that it maybe just isn’t good enough anyway.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Maybe
    i am going to buy it but i doubt i will be actually going on any jungle adventures with my sims i will buy it for the few new items the game will give but that is about it. and its sad that only a few of the new items in this pack may make it worth buying for me but to be honest that is pretty much how i feel about vampires and even to a degree pets.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Maybe
    Yes

But only because I buy all the games.

this is more or less exactly my thoughts exactly. the game feels incomplete otherwise even if it full of features i wont even use.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Yes
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    i am going to buy it but i doubt i will be actually going on any jungle adventures with my sims i will buy it for the few new items the game will give but that is about it. and its sad that only a few of the new items in this pack may make it worth buying for me but to be honest that is pretty much how i feel about vampires and even to a degree pets.

If you're not gonna use it, why buy it? I'd save your money for packs you actually enjoy ^^
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    Most definitely. I'm looking forward to it!
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yes
    Yes!

Birthday coming up and the fact that I am an Anthropology major with an emphasis in Archeology, how could I not buy what is essentially the very thing I sort of want to do in my real life career?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    No
    I may change my mind but for right now I don't think so it looks a lot like Sims3 WA but I don't think it looks as good and it is hard to experience the same things that we already had so unless it becomes really cheap in price I won't be buying it. I can't even say the objects look that interesting and if I dont't like a pack I usually buy it for the stuff that comes in it but this doesn't look that interesting to me either. I would rather buy the Toddler pack.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes, i'm a sucker for new worlds and this one is by far the most spacious and beautifull to date. I think that the tomb raiding aspect will be more fun as well than the world adventures expansion, because the temple will supposedly rearrange itself.
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »

If you're not gonna use it, why buy it? I'd save your money for packs you actually enjoy ^^
    Some are collectors like myself and even though I may not like a pack there may some elements that may add to the game. Sims is the only series where I will buy all packs even though I may not like a pack or two, outside of the Sims I do not mind missing certain games of an franchise because it does not add to the current version like Sims packs do.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Shadow_Simmer_14Shadow_Simmer_14 Posts: 53 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    I want to know a little more about it before deciding because space on my computer is running low and I also I can't afford to buy every singe pack so I have to be picky.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Maybe
    I'm waiting on the review from LGR... Until then we shall see....
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Maybe
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Some are collectors like myself and even though I may not like a pack there may some elements that may add to the game. Sims is the only series where I will buy all packs even though I may not like a pack or two, outside of the Sims I do not mind missing certain games of an franchise because it does not add to the current version like Sims packs do.
    I could easily afford to buy everything myself if I wanted. But for a Sims game I would never do that anyway. The main reason is that we are voting with our wallets when we buy something from EA and this kind of voting is even the only way we can influence the further development of the Sims games because EA doesn’t listen to anything else.

So I would never buy a SP because this would only encourage EA to make even more SPs instead og GPs and EPs. Also I would hesitate to buy GPs or EPs with too little content and again because I don’t want to encourage EA to save even more money by giving the packs even less content.

The other reason why I wouldn’t buy packs with little or unimportant content is that EA is an arrogant company who despises its own customers. This also means that when in doubt I will always buy games from other companies instead of buying an EA game.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Maybe
    Can I take a party of game-generated sims and send them to their deaths? If so, sold!
    Yes
    Erpe wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I could easily afford to buy everything myself if I wanted. But for a Sims game I would never do that anyway. The main reason is that we are voting with our wallets when we buy something from EA and this kind of voting is even the only way we can influence the further development of the Sims games because EA doesn’t listen to anything else.

So I would never buy a SP because this would only encourage EA to make even more SPs instead og GPs and EPs. Also I would hesitate to buy GPs or EPs with too little content and again because I don’t want to encourage EA to save even more money by giving the packs even less content.

The other reason why I wouldn’t buy packs with little or unimportant content is that EA is an arrogant company who despises its own customers. This also means that when in doubt I will always buy games from other companies instead of buying an EA game.

I see your point and support your decision for all is not golden.