Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

Comments

• YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    Maybe
    It looks absolutely amazing!!! I like how diverse it is and it opens a world for more storytelling possibilities. I'm getting Sims 3 WA vibes.

let's hope I'm not broke by the 27th though lol!
    I'm you.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Yes
    Since there is no release date on the next Tropico I need something to keep me busy besides house cleaning.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    You wrote: »
    It looks absolutely amazing!!! I like how diverse it is and it opens a world for more storytelling possibilities. I'm getting Sims 3 WA vibes.

let's hope I'm not broke by the 27th though lol!

Looks like your maybe is now a yes - gotta have it. LOL. It looks and feels amazing, doesn't it?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    Yes
    Deffinetly gonna get it, also it comes out 4 days after pay day for me so I won't be broke -insert crying laughint emoji face here which the forums don't have yet still!!-
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Not sure yet. I want to see and learn more about it before I make my decision; so far, it hasn’t really caught my interest at all.

Um - did you watch todays' live play? How could you not learned more watching that? It is utterly fabulous GP.

To be fair I was already sold - but believe me it went far beyond my expectations - and there is yet another live play next week as well. It is hard to believe this is just a gp.
    It looks beautiful and open but as for me, that’s the area. For me the temples are what really counts though, what kind of gameplay they will bring, so I’ll have to wait and see.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Maybe
    Wow! I am still waiting to make a final decision but Wow! So far it looks amazing.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yes
    Yes. Looking to get it when it comes out, but you know how money goes. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yes
    1. I will buy some game cards
    2. Then buy it
    3. And then listen to Latin pop and Latin
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Maybe
    Not sure yet. I want to see and learn more about it before I make my decision; so far, it hasn’t really caught my interest at all.

Um - did you watch todays' live play? How could you not learned more watching that? It is utterly fabulous GP.

To be fair I was already sold - but believe me it went far beyond my expectations - and there is yet another live play next week as well. It is hard to believe this is just a gp.

Because I’ve been rather busy with real life lately, I actually haven’t had the time to watch live plays or look more into it. I was commenting based off of what I currently know and what limited things I’ve seen; I don’t know everything about the pack yet and all about what’s been released, which is why I said what I did.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    The world is amazing. The world creators did an outstanding job. It looks beautiful and the different levels from one area to the next so you can look down into the valley or up into the mountains. And can we talk about those gates that require no loading screens? Fantastic! And that downed plane! I dare anyone to say that they don't listen after seeing this pack.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes

Because I’ve been rather busy with real life lately, I actually haven’t had the time to watch live plays or look more into it. I was commenting based off of what I currently know and what limited things I’ve seen; I don’t know everything about the pack yet and all about what’s been released, which is why I said what I did.

Understandable.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Maybe
    Gonna change my answer to no. I'm now at the point where I only want to spend money on and place further demands on my computer with packs I really want. I'm personally not interested in anything I've learnt about this pack so far except new crystals and avocados, and I'm certainly not buying a pack just for those.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Can I change to a no?

Hahaha go on...

Haha. Changing it back to a yes after watching the livestream.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yes
    Can I change to a no?

Hahaha go on...

Was there any one thing that changed your mind? :)
  • millihelenmillihelen Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    I am completely in love with what's been shown so far! The game packs have been really enjoyable so far, Vampires being my favorite. It looks like a lot of hard work went into this pack and I'm really really really excited for the new CAS/build items. Also those new dance moves. <3
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Maybe
    Perhaps. World Adventures was on the low end of my Sims 3 EP tier list. If I do purchase this pack it won't be a day-one acquisition.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2018
    Like some others posted, I am waiting to see the gameplay offered by the temples/dungeons, and whether or not their content will truly give decent replayability.

There seems to be a good amount of depth to this pack, though. The skills and artifact collecting seem pretty interesting, too.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Yes
    Remember the days when a $20 pack only got us clothes and furniture? After watching the livestream I'm just amazed at what they've done with this pack so far. The entire map is just incredible, I wish I could live by those waterfalls in real life. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes
    This pack looks like it's a lot of fun. Good thing I already received my federal income tax refund.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    It was already a yes after the trailer and first bits of info we got from SGNinja but after that livestream??? Triple YES!!!!! The GP team always does such a ridiculously amazing job of making a beautiful world PLUS immersive gameplay features. That little market? Love it. Feel of the world? Love it. Less loading screens and making the "backdrop" a place you can travel to? Love it. The snakes, traps, poisonous spiders, bees, quicksand, cultural skill, archaeology skill, new lot traits and aspirations? Can't wait to play this!!!!!! Idk but sometimes I feel the EP team should really learn from how the GP team implements a variety of feedback and features, but especially: how they communicate with us. It's never "nope, two weeks, stop asking you whiny people". No, it's real excitement. When they don't tell it's cause they want you to experience it. But they answer sooo many questions, they engage with us, and they seem honest to God excited about what they've created. It's marvelous to watch and there's not a single GP I dislike or don't use. So must buy and WANT now.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Maybe
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Idk but sometimes I feel the EP team should really learn from how the GP team implements a variety of feedback and features, but especially: how they communicate with us. It's never "nope, two weeks, stop asking you whiny people".

Agreed.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes
    EP's and GP's are two totally different types of packs. GP's are smaller but more focused one one theme. In this case, Jungle Adventure, so everything programed or created is geared towards that theme. EP's are broader and the focus in more general, adding in multiple things that may not seem to have a connection. BB gave us a coastal world and cats and dogs as pets and a New England style of architecture and furnishings. Those don't need to be in the same pack. Any one of the three could have been in another pack, so the focus and theme is wider and not as sharp and narrow as JA.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes
    Can I change to a no?

Hahaha go on...

Was there any one thing that changed your mind? :)

Since I don't play families, there is finally something for my single sims to do. I really liked the fact that the tombs change, and that some may not even be open to you on a particular trip. There's more of an element of danger and random things to occur too.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Yes
    I am getting the pack. I’m curious to see more (although I don’t want to spoil it to much) but I like that there’s so far seemingly a lot to do and collect.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yes
    I like that a sim's skill level seems to make a difference. The Sims I'll be adventuring with has all skills maxed so I'll take her first then try with one of my lesser skilled sims to see how it's different.