The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

Comments

• SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! On release day. :smile:
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Yes
    Will be getting it day one. I love that the temple exploration resets. I did each of the three locations in World Adventures once and never again. I just wonder how many unique walk throughs we can expect. I won't be watching any reviews or let's plays because I don't want any temple clues and want to discover everything about this pack on my own.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, not watching the live stream or going into reveal threads because I want to take a high-risk group of Sims through the adventure to see what happens.
    #Team Occult
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Not even thinking of waiting for a sale with this one. It's right up my alley. Theme wise, culture wise ect. I'm flippin' excited.

Theme wise and culture wise, it is right up my alley too. I LOVED WA. But this is sims 4. I'm not so sure they are going to do this right, and I actually dread the thought of the over the top animations messing it up. And I dread bugs. And I dread limitations and functions.

I honestly don't know what they can do to bring me back. It's all so shallow. Looks like we get another bar venue in the new world though. Yay?

That's how I feel. I bought the pets EP on a half price sale and still haven't played it. WA was in my top 3 favorite EPs but as you said.....this is TS4.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Unequivocally yes. I'm thrilled they're giving us an adventure vacation pack with Mesoamerican influences!
    Post edited by ebuchala on
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    Yes
    The pack looks really exciting and I'm looking forward to having another vacation world. I'll probably wait for sale though, because it's not something I need in my game immediately.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Yes
    I'm into it based on the trailer and what gurus have said. I'll buy it when it goes on sale because I'm a broke plum and I still need to get Parenthood :smiley:
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Maybe
    I was not excited when I saw the theme. I was hoping for beaches. Oh well. If the game pack offers a decent amount of non adventurous stuff, ill probably end up getting it... on sale.
  • jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Yes
    I will be buying it, just not right away my pc needs a new gpu.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Maybe
    I need to know if You can build Dungeons/Temples themes outside this Game pack...
    I understand it's Jungle Adventure, But I wanted Egyptian/Arabian/African/European adventure. than South American Adventure.
    So I would like a way to build dungeons and such outside of this world.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Maybe
    I wanna keep things real so it depends what this pack brings to the table.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Yes
    Totally getting it! It looks like so much fun. I can't wait to have more danger, new outfits, new dances etc in my game.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Yes because my sims need another vacation spot and I love the new dance moves, archeology table and buy items.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Maybe
    It will get old real quick like WA did in TS3. Even with the random temple layouts, to which they admitted is pre-built stuff and only a few select variants so things will be all discovered pretty quickly. Plus the skeleton is just a temp curse for your Sims and no you cannot dress them as they admitted was just for laughs and that if you try it will reset after leaving CAS. Skeletons are not a Occult and cannot be created in CAS. Its like a demo of WA for $20 with some slight alterations. But nothing fancy once you look past its FAKE trailer (like every Sims 4 trailer it makes it look NOTHING like in game for sales) there's nothing great about it. Its a temporary fun thing to do but after a while it gets old and you're back to playing 'normal life' style fading off the lot for school, work, and troll teh forums on your computer 24/7. Dance animations mean nothing since Sims do it randomly you have ZERO control of them AND there are no dancing together options unlike in Sims 2 and 3.
    Plus if you look at the trailer closely a lot of assets from previous DLC is being reused. For example those City Living booths are back. Just like they were in Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yes
    Not even thinking of waiting for a sale with this one. It's right up my alley. Theme wise, culture wise ect. I'm flippin' excited.

Theme wise and culture wise, it is right up my alley too. I LOVED WA. But this is sims 4. I'm not so sure they are going to do this right, and I actually dread the thought of the over the top animations messing it up. And I dread bugs. And I dread limitations and functions.

I honestly don't know what they can do to bring me back. It's all so shallow. Looks like we get another bar venue in the new world though. Yay?

Considering in WA all Sims got were uncomfortable Moodlets and there was no real danger, this at least seems to have more depth in that regard.

Also, the relics you collected in Sims 3 didn’t really do anything. They were too busy making Visa Points and Gold Coins the main reward.

In this SimGuruNinja has confirmed the relics actually do things, and can be broken up and put together etc.

Also you keep mentioning the bar like it’s a bad thing? Considering WA only had “Registers” for food and shops (literally just walk up to the register and they hand you whatever and that’s it) the new Bar venue goes on further than that and actually adds food stalls, shopping stalls market tables, rather than just a register.

The bar allows you to also buy food and drinks and have a full on meal. There’s also dancing as well.

I’d say that’s much better than a random Sim standing behind identical registers no?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yes
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I voted maybe, cause it depends. If the reviews will only be about how beautiful it looks, then no. If it will be about how many hours of challenging, replayable and absorbing joy it brings then yes, most certainly will (I love this theme). I hope @DeservedCriticism will be allowed some computer time at his friends again.

Or you could just watch people playing on YouTube rather than waiting for someone’s opinion who basically said that they prefer Sim based packs and that pretty much said they’re not interested in this kind of gameplay.

I think you’d get a more realistic opinion if you watched a brief overview even from LGR at this point.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I voted maybe, cause it depends. If the reviews will only be about how beautiful it looks, then no. If it will be about how many hours of challenging, replayable and absorbing joy it brings then yes, most certainly will (I love this theme). I hope @DeservedCriticism will be allowed some computer time at his friends again.

Or you could just watch people playing on YouTube rather than waiting for someone’s opinion who basically said that they prefer Sim based packs and that pretty much said they’re not interested in this kind of gameplay.

I think you’d get a more realistic opinion if you watched a brief overview even from LGR at this point.
    Must confess I’m not really into Let’s Plays, because for me it’s always felt like seeing and knowing too much from a movie before you watch it? I prefer to be surprised, experiencing it myself. I never ever saw a Sims 3 trailer when the game was running, nor Let’s Plays. I just bought the pack, installed it and let it surprise me. To be honest I’m the same with this pack really, I don’t want to know too much. In that respect it’s different from a pack like C&D, which mainly involves behaviour based gameplay. I expect the adventure pack to be full of surprises, so if I see people stating “it’s really full of surprises!!” I’ll probably be sold already ;) Not if an influencer yells that though. I simply don’t trust the influencers (and that’s got nothing to do with Sims 4 but with that system).

(LGR’s review I will be very interested in btw)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Maybe
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Must confess I’m not really into Let’s Plays, because for me it’s always felt like seeing and knowing too much from a movie before you watch it? I prefer to be surprised, experiencing it myself. I never ever saw a Sims 3 trailer when the game was running, nor Let’s Plays. I just bought the pack, installed it and let it surprise me. To be honest I’m the same with this pack really, I don’t want to know too much. In that respect it’s different from a pack like C&D, which mainly involves behaviour based gameplay. I expect the adventure pack to be full of surprises, so if I see people stating “it’s really full of surprises!!” I’ll probably be sold already ;) Not if an influencer yells that though. I simply don’t trust the influencers (and that’s got nothing to do with Sims 4 but with that system).

(LGR’s review I will be very interested in btw)

I'm the same, I can't stand watching others play computer games, none of them play how I like playing so I end up bored and annoyed by most of them the few times I have tried.
    I also got to say I don't mind if @DeservedCriticism decides to write up his opinion on this pack. I usually end up agreeing with many points he makes, so I know our opinions/style of play align somewhat, therefore any comments he makes will likely give me more insight to if I will like it than another review written by someone who has very different tastes from me.
    Same with LGR reviews, I have always appreciated his reviews, and I just enjoy his channel, he always makes me laugh.

Unrelated to the above quote:
    As it stands I'm a maybe. This pack so far looks amazing and if I was still playing ts4 consistently I probably would be buying this, but I don't know where me and the sims stand right now so I'm not comfortable saying I will buy any pack.

I still like certain things about ts4 so I don't want to say I am done with it entirely, but there are too many issues I have right now that need to be addressed for me to invest more into it, and there's too large chance they wont be addressed.

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Maybe

Considering in WA all Sims got were uncomfortable Moodlets and there was no real danger, this at least seems to have more depth in that regard.

Also, the relics you collected in Sims 3 didn’t really do anything. They were too busy making Visa Points and Gold Coins the main reward.

In this SimGuruNinja has confirmed the relics actually do things, and can be broken up and put together etc.

Also you keep mentioning the bar like it’s a bad thing? Considering WA only had “Registers” for food and shops (literally just walk up to the register and they hand you whatever and that’s it) the new Bar venue goes on further than that and actually adds food stalls, shopping stalls market tables, rather than just a register.

The bar allows you to also buy food and drinks and have a full on meal. There’s also dancing as well.

I’d say that’s much better than a random Sim standing behind identical registers no?

Did you ever get into WA in depth? I had Sims burn up or drown in tombs. There are mummies to fight and if you lose you'll be cursed. If not cured in 14 days you die.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    Yes
    I am going to buy it for sure! My sims need some intresting place to spend vacations, honeymoons etc. I have allready so many ideas for this pack. Also i hope that tresure hunting will be profitable enough so some of my sims can become rich archeologists.
    After dissapointment with camping game pack (i regret buying that pack every single day) new vacation destination is must have for me.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    You bet! This is the one I've been waiting for!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • TheWorstSimmerTheWorstSimmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Maybe
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > I still have an Origin gift card from Christmas :D .
    Where did you get those (I forgot how to get them)
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Yes
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > I still have an Origin gift card from Christmas :D .
    Where did you get those (I forgot how to get them)

You can buy them in shops for games and computers.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Maybe
    I admit to being intrigued by this game pack but I am going to wait until it is out to make my final decision. I really enjoyed World Adventures and I am ecstatic to see new and different content finally coming to Sims 4. However, this is Sims 4 and I am no longer blindly purchasing content for this game. I am going to wait and see if it is worth the money. I am done paying for tiny worlds with pretty backgrounds and no actual additional gameplay.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    B)
    I hated World Adventures and as nice as the dancing in the video looked, that isn't enough for me to get me to waste my money on a World Adventures redo GP. Especially since EA decided to jack up the prices for them in Canada.

Yeah I'm not a fan of wild adventures in the game or in real life. I like relaxing stuff. Also not a fan of silly outlandish situations, so this one has absolutely zero appeal for me. I want a more day to day living kind of game .

I may get it eventually, but right now ? NO. And I always buy games right when they come out but not this time <3

EDIT: changed to yes after stream! :)
    Post edited by TheHarbinger_51 on