Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

14567810...Next

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    What time is it coming out? I'm not seeing it on origin yet?! 0_0

It's arrived!
  • Stephanie024Stephanie024 Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    @loubyloulou not in The Netherlands it hasn't :(
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited February 2018
    @loubyloulou not in The Netherlands it hasn't :(

Try refreshing Origin - it releases the same time worldwide.

ETA: log out and log back in again.
  • Stephanie024Stephanie024 Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    I think EA thinks The Netherlands isn't part of this world hahahaha because it's not coming up in Origin. I see the pack in the game but when I want to put it in my card through the game I get a page 404 page not found hahahaha. Just my luck
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Maybe
    My maybe turned into a yes after the first livestream. The second stream left me a bit disappointed but I just saw fragments of a fanmade livestream and it just looks like fun. No idea how much fun but enough for me wanting to find out.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2018
    I think I'll wait for the honey-moon phase of the pack to pass before thinking of buying it. Maybe watch LGR's take on it, too.

From what I've seen, the temple interior is pretty barren, very small, and from what I heard, the "randomly generated temples" are nothing more than 5 variations? I've watched some gameplay as well. Seems like you're just watching an animation your Sim take notes of what is going on. There's no puzzles for us to solve, no challenge, etc. Just more so grinding the same base game skills to make these puzzles quicker to solve.

The pack just seems like its trying to be WA, but falling short. The majority of the adventure seems to be in RNG, dialogue text pop-ups, as the temple certainly doesn't offer much adventure to be found.

Mind you, TS4 is a closed world. The last thing we should be getting are variations of rabbit-holes. To sell a pack with a huge point of it offering a world to begin with is moot, given worlds are backdrops. They did this with Windenburg, too. Is it beautiful? Sure. Is it accessible and fully interact-able? Guess again.
  • KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I bought this pack and I am pretty amazed how beautiful furniture and CAS items we got. Like... so pretty! I love it. I haven't actually played the temple yet but build/buy addons are probably the best we have got so far.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    Maybe
    I think I'll buy it, but I usually wait for the bundle to come out before I buy game packs/stuff packs. I'm not sure how long after release the bundles are usually released though.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    No
    One day maybe but not now. Due to the fact that I play on a laptop with an integrated graphics card I only buy games that improve overall gameplay. To me a vacation pack just doesn’t do that. I never really played world adventures. This is a pack where I may use the features one or two times and be done with them. I’ll say the world looks incredible but it’s not worth borking my entire game. I can play the packs I have now with ease but adding stuff always makes me nervous. This game just isn’t worth adding to me as I am a family player more often than not. When I get a computer sure I’ll probably get it but not until then.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Yes
    I'm a little disappointed that the temples don't actually involve puzzles for us. It seems very easy and fast to go through one. However, everything else looks great, so I'll be buying it... when it goes on sale. It's going to be perfect for some of my fantasy / Disney themed games.
  • Mellisenda2Mellisenda2 Posts: 108 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I haven’t found it on discounted sale anywhere, though. Frustrating.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Maybe
    I want to at some point, I just don't know when.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes
    Yes, eventually, later. :) Got some other packs to buy first (like Seasons). ^_^
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Yes
    I did actually buy it couple of days ago, but so far I don't have any Sim who is even suited to survive or even be able to travel there and I refuse to cheat for money and skills LOL so most packs literally have to wait, even I already have them, until my Sim who I want to go there is fit enough to have a chance :) I know they need fitness skill and some money in order to stay there for some time. :)