Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EIG - building lots in situ

I finally got EIG to work after Christmas and since then have been putting down lots and uploading saved builds. To save myself some time I have also been building in situ and have hit a bit of a problem. I can get into the lot no problem, edit it but when I press edit town to exit it says it is saving but does nothing. Twice now I have lost work because I have been unable to save it.

What am I doing wrong?

I will add I have a computer with more than enough welly.
All the drivers are up to date.
I am using the correct version of CAW for my game 1.67
I save and rename after each visit to CAW
I clear out previous EIG uses from World Caches

Any help gratefully received.

Betty
I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    A very quiet day on the forum. I think I have found a solution which works for me. I have found it necessary to save little and often by returning to edit town mode every ten minutes or so. Also a good idea to return to game mode every half hour or so. And finally I am not spending all my time on one lot but alternating lots.

I am unable to use store content in EIG but what store content I have downloaded has been pared back to the building essentials.

I hope this information is of use to fairly new CAW users like me.

Regards

Betty
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Another tip if you are placing a lot of lots. The more built lots there are in your game the harder it can be to save. At the end of my first CAW project I had to save after placing every single lot or it would crash while trying to save.
    But if you are using EIG yes, saving often is key but it sure is cranky.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
    Thanks @Lindamints :) I am putting in lots as markers at the moment while I work on tree placement, roads etc. I never intended to build lots in situ while in EIG but my first couple of goes worked well. At the moment I am looking for some instructions on how to check the lot is level using the wire frame. Rflong's wrote some excellent instructions on this but the pictures are missing.

Sim enim est vita
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    I don't save often in EIG.... That used to be a big problem in EIG which could cause it to crash faster. I'm on a really old computer (don't tell her she's old ;) ) and I Still don't save until I'm finished in EIG.

I will see if I still have those pictures and redo my tutorials. I forget how import Photobucke$ was for me here. :(
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I don't save often in EIG.... That used to be a big problem in EIG which could cause it to crash faster. I'm on a really old computer (don't tell her she's old ;) ) and I Still don't save until I'm finished in EIG.

I will see if I still have those pictures and redo my tutorials. I forget how import Photobucke$ was for me here. :(

Thank you @Rflong7 :) everyone should be kind to their computers. I once threatened a laptop by saying I would chuck it out the bedroom window and the motherboard caught fire :)

Sim enim est vita