Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work Expansion Pack

I've heard that Cats & Dogs is the next expansion pack scheduled to be released sometime this spring. Has anyone heard when they will release "Get to Work" for consoles? This is the EP that I'm really looking forward to.

If you have this EP on the computer version of the game, what are some of your favorite things about it? Post pictures of your Sim's career. I'm anxious to see what all you can do with this pack.

Comments

• PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    edited February 2018
    There was a "leak" on when console EPs will release (you can see the dates here,) but there's been no confirmation this list is correct, so I wouldn't 100% believe it. But if they are true, GTW won't come out until the summer.

I have GTW on the computer though and overall I think it's a good pack.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • simoleanjsimoleanj Posts: 87 Member
    edited February 2018
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    There was a "leak" on when console EPs will release (you can see the dates here,) but there's been no confirmation this list is correct, so I wouldn't 100% believe it. But if they are true, GTW won't come out until the summer.

Thank you. Which pack do you like better, GTW or Dine Out? I like the Dine Out pack. I'm looking forward to make a vet with C&D and a Police Officer with GTW.

simoleanj wrote: »

Thank you. Which pack do you like better, GTW or Dine Out? I like the Dine Out pack. I'm looking forward to make a vet with C&D and a Police Officer with GTW.

I never had Dine Out, so I can't compare them. I have to say for GTW, I think police officer was the best of the three careers to play with. Plus don't forget you can make your own stores with GTW as well! I started one once before, never finished it lol.
  • DougyDougy Posts: 47 Member
    What kind of stores can you make ? Also have you tried the doctor career ? I am really interested in that career

I never had Dine Out, so I can't compare them. I have to say for GTW, I think police officer was the best of the three careers to play with. Plus don't forget you can make your own stores with GTW as well! I started one once before, never finished it lol.

What kind of stores? What exactly do you do with the Police Officer Career? In S3, your character just disappeared into the police station for several hours. I'm guessing this EP actually lets you work the career? Do you get the ability to create jail cells, etc?
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I love get to work, its my fav ep so i hope this list is true.
    Dougy wrote: »
    What kind of stores can you make ? Also have you tried the doctor career ? I am really interested in that career

What kind of stores? What exactly do you do with the Police Officer Career? In S3, your character just disappeared into the police station for several hours. I'm guessing this EP actually lets you work the career? Do you get the ability to create jail cells, etc?

If I remember correctly, you can have your Sims sell anything you want in their retail lot. So it can be a clothing store, a toy store, a bakery, things like that. I think the only exception is, obviously, a restaurant, since you need Dine Out for that. The EP gives you mannequins, which you can decide what clothing they wear, and I believe you can give them different poses.

And I have tried the Doctor career! I didn't care for it much at first, but it is fun. The only one I didn't really play was scientist. With the police officer career, you do things like investigate crime scenes, write crime reports, I think you can interact with prisoners. It's been a while since I've played and I never made it far in any of the careers, so I don't know exactly everything you can do.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

Dine Out is a good pack but its kinda bug heavy atm and it can take quite some time to order and eat a meal at a restaurant.

I don't know too much about the owning a restaurant aspect side of the game because its rather disappointing because all you can do is schmooze customers. I just like having restaurants in the game so I can get my sims to go out to eat.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

get to work offers a lot more game play and content than dine out

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

I love get to work, its my fav ep so i hope this list is true.

its one of mine.

tho retail is very poor compared to OFB

marcel21 wrote: »

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Silence career?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • night_tidenight_tide Posts: 112 Member
    GTW is a lot of fun, but I found that the novelty wore off after a while. The best thing about the pack for me was the new content, and being given the option to have aliens.
    The roof is not my son, but I will raise it.

original.gif

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

You can create retail stores of various varieties. Most objects in the buy mode catalogue can be sold in retail stores (even items from other packs can be sold), and the GTW expansion adds a few retail specific items such as the bakery display case (to use with the baking skill), and the mannequins that you can design with custom outfits to sell.

All three careers are linear/goal based. You get a variety of tasks to perform daily, but many tasks repeat throughout the whole career path. If you don’t perform the tasks you don’t get promoted. In regards to building - technically you can, but only with the use of a cheat code allowing you to edit the police station/hospital/science lab. The workplace locations are all self-contained locations that do not appear on the world screen, and cannot be edited without cheats. Sims will only visit the workplace locations when it is time to work, and when work is over they will automatically load back into your home lot.
  • EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    GTW and CL have the most issues, Like the Police, and Hospital have so many issues with the tasks and Retail is Unplayable because the Employees just talk and then no one buys anything. I do like the build items from the pack.
    GTW and CL have the most issues, Like the Police, and Hospital have so many issues with the tasks and Retail is Unplayable because the Employees just talk and then no one buys anything. I do like the build items from the pack.

I've had some problems with the hospital but not too many, though it can get annoying. For me, it was sometimes treating patients was a chore (another NPC would be in the way, something like that), or my Sim would show up for work and the hospital would have puddles everywhere and just seem dirty. I think once you get past it, it's not so bad. That's why I always preferred the police career though.
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited February 2018
    What I like about Get to Work:
    + New careers. Always love having new careers!
    + Aliens that can disguise themselves as humans. You can even have half alien half human sim. They can look really interesting.
    + Giving birth in the hospital and illness system adds a little extra touch to the game.
    +The CAS is very versatile. The new clothes and hair can fit so many types of sims.
    + Retail has loads of objects to decorate the shops.
    + Tons of new recipes for baked goods. Yummy!

What I don't like about Get to Work:
    - It has some bugs that can be annoying at times
    - The new world has only 4 lots
    - After a while the careers can get repetitive

Overall I think Get to Work is a good pack. If you don't mind the tiny new world, it's worth having in my opinion. I got to experience this pack back when it got released in 2015, so I've got a lot of fond memories of it. :)
    It has this cute charm to it.
    edited February 2018
    Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Does anyone have any screenshots of their careers?
    edited February 2018

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Spelling error.

I am using my cell.

Post edited by marcel21 on

edited February 2018

Never had issues such as these myself, the careers run great and the retail tho poor works fine for me to.
    The only problems I had was never able to get abducted by aliens or male sims pregnant.

Sounds like you had quite a few issues.

Why some of us get issues and others don't.

Tho I find ambitions a much fuller pack. I think they did a great job with get to work. A lot better than the dreaded city living.

Yes I to love the build/buy and some of the create a sim.

The worst part is not having more careers and more retail shops.

Personally I think they made mistake adding active careers and retail shops together. They could of made two different packs, then both would of been fuller.
    That way we could of had as many active careers like work wheno work and more retail shops as OFB had.

As these issues were with the PC game for you, hopefully it won't be the case for get to work on console.

Sorry you have had issues.

edited February 2018

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Silence career?

Science career.

It was a spelling error. I am using my cell.
    But I guess you already knew that.
    Happy summing :)

edited February 2018

I am sorry for your issues. I hope they resolve for you in future.
    Why don't I have any of these issues. But this is PC issues. Hopefully it won't be the case on console.

GTW is a lot of fun, but I found that the novelty wore off after a while. The best thing about the pack for me was the new content, and being given the option to have aliens.

Any store you like if you can build.
    You get a fully fledged bakery
    Photo shop
    Clothing shop

You can sell things in buil/buy/CAS

Books
    Food

The more packs you have the more types of things you can sel

Police career
    Complete roles

Gather evidence at place of crime
    Take pictures for evidence
    Take mug shot
    Fingerprints
    Lock them in a cell
    Interview them good/bad cop
    Work doing more tasks in the police station.

Yes to cells

• Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited February 2018

Any store you like if you can build.
    You get a fully fledged bakery
    Photo shop
    Clothing shop

You can sell things in buil/buy/CAS

Books
    Food

The more packs you have the more types of things you can sel

Police career
    Complete roles

Gather evidence at place of crime
    Take pictures for evidence
    Take mug shot
    Fingerprints
    Lock them in a cell
    Interview them good/bad cop
    Work doing more tasks in the police station.

Yes to cells

And you can sell paintings your sim paints and items crafted with the woodworking bench in retail stores too.

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Silence career?

Science career.

Oh wow, Im dumb. I could've figured that out if I thought about it.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited February 2018

silence career
    doctor
    police
    retail
    aliens
    baking skill
    photography skill

Silence career?

Science career.

Oh wow, Im dumb. I could've figured that out if I thought about it.

Dude I am not saying your dumb.
    Just that I clearly made a mistake.
    I know you can read. Just that it was obvious I made some error.

No offence intended..
    Happy simming
    Edit.

My point is your post was completely pointless.
    To ask me why I spelled it wrong!