Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sims 4 game won't work anymore...

I had stopped playing the Sims 4 for a little while, because my game kept causing my computer to overheat, although I still did sometimes play it, but only for a few minutes at a time. But I really loved the recent patch that had added some great stuff to the game, and I thought it provided some good content I could use on an old Sim. But there was some cc I needed before I started the game to change her clothes and things like that. So after I do that, I start my game again. The screen came up as usual, with the maxis logo, and then the Sims 4 logo coming onto the screen. But that's where things did and continue to go wrong. After the Sims 4 logo and copyright come onto the screen, my game doesn't do anything. A rainbow loading circle comes up, and I eventually get told that my game stopped responding, and have to quit. What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Hello
    The cc may be causing the issues. It may be broken.
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you continue to have game and computer issues, your computer may not be able to handle playing the game. If this keeps occuring , it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site
  • Options
    jamiehoodjamiehood Posts: 126 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The cc may be causing the issues. It may be broken.
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you continue to have game and computer issues, your computer may not be able to handle playing the game. If this keeps occuring , it would be good to post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report

After you have saved your dxdiag info on your computer, go to the pastebin site https://pastebin.com
    and copy/paste the dxdiag info into the white box there. Press the button to create the new paste/pastebin text file.
    Then post here in this thread the web address of your dxdiag info that is on the pastebin site

Hi Rosemow! I actually should have thought a little more about this issue before I posted. After I posted the topic, it entered my mind to take out the cc I had added a few days ago, and everything's actually working fine now. Thank you for your help!