Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i need help with cc

on the sims resource i cant download anything it used to work but when i press download it says wait ten seconds but after that nothing happens i made a account to see if i needed one but it still did not work

Comments

• Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited February 2018
    Slug7447 wrote: »
    on the sims resource i cant download anything it used to work but when i press download it says wait ten seconds but after that nothing happens i made a account to see if i needed one but it still did not work

Just checked it out and it works fine for me.

After that 10s wait there usually will be a site displayed with a banner "Thank you for downloading" and some more or less your choice matching downloads. More important a file selection box pops up, where you can choose the place where to save the download. At least, that's what happens in my browser (Firefox 58.0.2 atm). There is an option in FF (and in many other browsers like chrome too) where you can set a fixed download destination (e. g. your download folder) or alternativley that the browser asks every time where to save the file. If you have a fixed download destination the file is downloaded in the background without any further information.

So my recommendation would be to check your default download folder (in Windows the detault location is c:\users\<your username>\downloads) whether the file is already automatically downloaded. Or try the download with another browser.

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    sarah3487sarah3487 Posts: 12 New Member
    So, basically... I downloaded CC from TSR (the sims resource) and I will be candour about this as it could be the issue, but I don't believe it to be. This is the first time I'm ever using or well, trying to us CC in my game. I have been simming for like 3 years now, but never once dabbled in CC until now.
    So, I downloaded the CC from TSR like previously mentioned. All CC comes as zipped to me, no matter what I choose everything is zipped. I downloaded unzipping systems such as winRAR first, which I followed through tutorials but of course specifying to my computers specs where necessary, when that failed (again through following tutorials steps) I went on to forums where it seemed like people were having my same issues, they got the advice to try another unzip system, 7zip, so I downloaded that, which actually seemed a whole bunch easier to use, so again back to TSR picking all sorts of different stuff nearly each time, as I did try a couple of the same stuff again I previously tried with the other unzip system, 7zip failed me too. Always constantly the same message, over and over again, as seen in the photo (above/below, i don't know where it lands). I also tried making sure the CC/mod thing on the sims 4 game itself is ticked aswell, which is was.
    Please, someone any help you can give me to get this sorted would be much appreciated. |: I don't know what to do anymore, I'm warn out trying and I'm so fed I can't get the cute hairstyles I desire.
    Thanks in advance to those who comment something to try and help, anything at all at this stage is welcome.

ps, my computer is fully up to date aswell. I'm using a windows computer.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited March 2018
    @sarah3487 Most of the CC on TSR is not zipped. The file names all should end in .package and just need to be placed directly in your mods folder to work. Zipped files end in .rar or .zip.

What do the files you are having problems with end with?
  • Options
    @sarah3487 also, is it possible that you have changed the file association? For example, did you ever try to open one of these files and have a box come up asking if you would always like to use "this program" (ie winrar or 7-zip) to open this file type? To which you said yes?

You may need to fix the file type so that it is showing correctly as a .package file again. Here are instructions on how to do that:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-set-default-programs-and-file-types-in-windows-10/

To double check if this is your issue you can download this piece of CC which is not zipped and is a .package file and then see what it shows as in your Downloads folder. If it IS a .package file, post back here and we will continue looking for solutions for you. If it is something else other than .package you can try the above solution.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/themes/maxismatch/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/v-neck-guipure-detailed-dress/id/1402793/

I hope this makes sense...
  • Options
    LeiIrwin99LeiIrwin99 Posts: 3 New Member
    so i’ve downloaded two toddler bedrooms and i have searched everywhere for them even tried the gallery but i can’t seem to find them. any ideas?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    LeiIrwin99 wrote: »
    so i’ve downloaded two toddler bedrooms and i have searched everywhere for them even tried the gallery but i can’t seem to find them. any ideas?

Hello @LeiIrwin99
    Where did you download the bedrooms from? Was it through the in game gallery, the website version of the gallery or from an external site?
    Rooms are found in build mode, in the rooms section of the catalogue ,where the folder icon is located.
  • Options
    ur from a CC website of pinterest. thankyou i’ll try that now
  • Options
    When you download a room from Pinterest, TSR or another outside site you need to put all the files that end with .package into the Mods folder (it's okay if they come grouped in a folder already, just put that folder into the Mods folder.) Room file, MIDI Sequence, and TrayItem Files go into your tray folder.
  • Options
    hey so i really want to do a full house using CC but i’m not sure if there is a limit for CC or my macbook will crash a lot. basically just asking if it’s possible and safe?
  • Options
    There isn't a limit for CC. It's not unusual at all to do a house with nothing but CC. If you have questions about Mac Book performance you may want to ask them here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-on-mac-discussions
  • Options
    LydiaxoxLydiaxox Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello! I need help with my CC. So recently is went through my mods looking for a compatibility problem. I didn't get rid of anything because I didn't find one, but today when I opened the sims my CC was weird. Some of the items are fine but most items have a white icon with a red X and they don't work at all they just don't show up on the sim or they make parts of the sim invisible. I really don't know whats wrong or what to do. Please Help!! Also: IDK if this the correct discussion forum to be using...
  • Options
    @Lydiaxox it sounds like you have some broken or missing files. You can use Sims 4 Studio to find them.

You will need a membership to download Sims 4 Studio but, it is free http://sims4studio.com/
    Once you have installed the program. choose My CC from the main screen. A new window will open and you will be able to see pictures of your CC. On the left, there will be a list of all of your CC. You can go through your items one by one and in the picture window, the CC will appear as it does in the game. You can then delete the item with the delete button on the bottom right. It will remove the item completely from your game.

Since you are able to see the item name in the list on the left, you can find the original website and re-download the item, if you wish.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2018
    I had this once because it actually was a recolor and I didn’t have the original mesh. Also some cc didn’t show up because I don’t have the EP/GP/SP from which the object used to create the cc comes from, for instance my vanity table didn’t show up until I got “Vintage glamour Stuff”.
    Oh, and I’m also playing on Mac.
    Lydiaxox wrote: »
    Hello! I need help with my CC. So recently is went through my mods looking for a compatibility problem. I didn't get rid of anything because I didn't find one, but today when I opened the sims my CC was weird. Some of the items are fine but most items have a white icon with a red X and they don't work at all they just don't show up on the sim or they make parts of the sim invisible. I really don't know whats wrong or what to do. Please Help!! Also: IDK if this the correct discussion forum to be using...