Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please unlock the apartment mailbox & trash cute for use on residential lots from city living.

isitachimiisitachimi Posts: 87 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
DEAR MAXIS EA,

Please unlock the apartment mailbox & trash cute for use on residential lots from city living.

Ok so I bulldozed the home OLD SALT HOUSE over by the bar in the spice festival area. Got tired of the load screens when I needed to learn recipes and buy items, so I built a new home. However, in the old salt house lot, an apartment mailbox existed on the outer front wall. That is a penthouse house item. So which ever person built that lot from sims 4, used it on there even though the permissions on that lot do not allow it. Had I known I would of deleted every thing but the wall that it was on and built my lot then. So that I could keep it. My issue is, they are holding 2 objects hostage, trash chute which is a nice and heaven sent, then the wall mailbox. That lot is supposed to be a rental property because it was before I bulldozed it. I was hoping I could access the trash chute and mailbox. Does anyone know the spawn code for those two items? I would love to have it. FYI, save the wall those items are on if you plan to build on that lot, do not do a full bulldoze, or you will lose your chance to keep those two items for your lot. If anyone knows the spawn codes and if it works, I would appreciate that.

If not, my feedback is to unlock it. Maybe I want to rent on my residential lot, for my builds. Those mailboxes are not remotely realistic to today's populated masses that live in populated places because the mail man can deliver 30 ppls mail in 5 mins then drive one street over and do it again. It's more efficient for populated areas of modern times. Maybe I like the look of it. Or perhaps they can add at some point, a nice trash chute and a set of wall mailboxes or community mailboxes in a small dlc. I would buy those items again if I really had too. I would really like to suggest that just unlock it and let us use whatever we want that we already bought. Going to try rebuilding the entire lot but this time saving that wall to see if it works. But really, a spawn code for it would be awesome. Please maxis share a spawn code for it or just unlock it, I liked the looked more. No, show hidden objects on won't work for debug on it. It some how thought old salt house was a penthouse. Thank you so much & have a great day & hope your new years is going great for Maxis EA and the rest of you.

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    huh, i thought i had uploaded this already, but apparently had only kept it for myself. it's now uploaded, though. 'penthouse mailbox and chute' room under the same name as i use here, it's a 1x2 room with the penthouse mailbox and trash chute (and a ceiling light) with nothing else.

but i agree, it's frustrating not having these available, which is why i made the room in the first place and have used it to place the items in several builds
  • WrenBird26WrenBird26 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you so much Kalaksed for putting the mailbox/chute on the gallery! Update 2 years later, and they still haven't allowed access (or at least I haven't been able to figure out a way to get them on a regular lot).
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Interesting as if you use the search feature in build/buy mode you can easily access it. At least I do. I made my own builds that use the wall mailboxes, not in apartments. Also, the shoot is a trash can option when you search for it by name.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I can access the mailbox, I'll have to look for the trash chute.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Just go into the code mode bar & type

bb.showhiddenobjects

Press the Enter key

bb.showliveeditobjects

Press the Enter key

Then look under City Living & or
    Discover University they both have the
    shoot trash & apartment mailbox.
    You can use it in any house.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is not even hidden. If you filter by pack and show all, you should find it.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2021
    Old thread but the same issue kinda... I can find those Trash chutes from CL and DU when I search the catalog for trash cans, but when I add them on a residental lot inside the house, then my Sim "ignores" the trash chute like it's not there and takes the trash to the outside trash can.
    Do trash chutes not work on residental lots?

First time trying to use them, that's why I don't know.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “