Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• aikeleeaikelee Posts: 6 New Member
    With the new update 10 Nov 2020. The new sims profile has been brought in, whilst it's good to see extra information on the sim, it has gotten rid of i feel the most important aspect which is to know the sims relationship with the sim you are playing. we used to be able to hold our cursor over a sim in the friends section and see immediately who they were e.g.. wife, sister, brother, cousin etc.. now it will not show that until you open the sim profile menu. This is quite time consuming opening every sim's profile just to see who they are. I cant even see if they are engaged or married without opening it up. Please put it back how it was, so we can see it without opening it up. Thanks for listening.
  • DedorgothDedorgoth Posts: 2 New Member
    Would there be a way to get a feature (a little like in The Sims 3) that allows those two things when planning an event :
    - Invite any sim known by someone in the household (ex. the father in the family can invite his daughters' friends for a birthday party or a groom can invite his wife-to-be's family to the wedding). It's so frustrating to only be able to invite the people known by the active sim, and not that realistic in many situations.

- Invite the rest of the household of the sim you want to invite (ex. invite your son's new girlfriend, invite your nieces and nephews that you haven't met yet).

I enjoy playing with large families and it's ridiculous to have to go meet every baby who's born to be able to invite them to a family reunion for example. This lack of a seemingly simple feature limits very much the options for a good and realistic gameplay. Moreover, I could not find anywhere a reason as to why it's not in the Sims 4.
    I hope someone from the team will see this message and pass it on because I've seen people asking for it for years and still no answer :'(
  • CLOTCH_92CLOTCH_92 Posts: 2 New Member
    HORSEEEES
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The game still needs:
    Spiral Stairs
    Heartshape Beds
    Bunk Beds
    Sexy Sleepwears
    Playable Babies
    Fairies
    Genies
    Werewolves
    Horses
    Time Travel to the Past (Dark Ages)
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    Im actually exited to see the new expansion pack, I hope hope hope(!) it comes with many of the interactive elements I miss in sims 4. - Social interactions/ doing things together. Like the llama game, but much better(!).
    I dont understand why they can't fish AND chat at the same time? It could be a nice social interaction...

Im really exited about the split levels possibilities as well, thank you. But I would still LOVE if it was possible to create different wall levels on the same level for interesting architecture. I guess the split levels is the closets to it, so ill take it.
    (Maybe a bug: My sims can jump to split levels that are raised more than 4-5 levels, without stairs or ekstra levels between)

A few things I really miss in the game:

1) Gathering sims. I really miss being able to really gathering sims at a party, or when they are just invited over.
    I now create houses with doors I can lock as many places as possible to gather the sims instead of having them spread all over the lots different areas and levels.
    I would like a room or even more rooms, I can set as the main areas for the party, or an outdoor space. Some kind of marker, but without all sims stand like zombies around it... It would also be nice to be able to mark the table(s) where you want the sims to dine together instead of them spreading out with their plates everywhere. - Even when its just the households members.
    Sims tend to spread out as they are (really) not(!) social, half the guests go to watch TV, dancing (alone!), while some stealing all my produce in the garden, and others keep occupying all stoves and grills for infinity herbal potion making! (Thanks for the ability to lock computers!) I have to turn homes in to locked and fenced off fortresses to avoid "kaos".

2) Venues. I would like to have a feature that can lock door to "Staff only", at least on venues. So that restaurant guests dont room around in the kitchen making herbal potions, doing dishes, making coffee, making themself a drink at the bar or whatever... Just stick to your guests duties and let the NPC staff take care of the rest. (Right now you can only lock doors for all sims, and then give access to specific clubs, leaving staff frustrated and useless)

3) Visitors. How come I have to invite them in, when they have a key or are arriving with a kid and got permission to come visit? Then others just walk right in and feel at home. Even strangers... But maybe it was primarily in Sulani and has been fixed now(?)
    It would be really nice to have a doorbell setting, so you can adjust the knock or bell volume. Or maybe a notification saying somebody is at the door. - If I dont physically see the visitors outside the door I can't let them in. I don't hear them unless im accidentally close to the door. Many of my main entrances are not visible from most places on the lot, so the polite guests that knock and awaits entry, often go in vain. - But I do get a notification when they leave...

4) Social activities. No matter the age, it's like there is not really any social activities to do tougher where it actually IS social. I miss social activities where more sims can join in, and really interact with each other, not just two playing dollhouse next to each other. Something that doesn't take up to much space so you don't need a giant space for it. Maybe more like the storytelling interaction, but with more sims taking actual part, instead of just one telling, and the others listening. It could be nice to have toddlers play tag together, kids playing Marco Polo or tag in the water, having a diving competitions, or many could join a hold-their-breath-competition. Most important that they laugh and have fun (or not!) and still can chat and interact with each other, maybe even pushing one in the water or show of a new swimming style you can learn others... With different reactions from sims according to their personality/mood.
    Why can't 5,6,8 kids sit anywhere and play a fun cart game, and not have to be at a game table or the void critter thing? Or teens look at magazines together or I sit on the floor and hang out, having deep profound conversations about existential questions, cute crushes, or about the latest fashion? -Instead of each sentence have to be feed them, it could be a longer session where they actually develop their relations and learn about each other.

5) Romantic relations and other relationships. I hope the new sentines can make romantic relationships more interesting!!! Because they are so boring! So I guess I have to play test, but I miss a jealous spouse can talk about that as long as they actually are jealous! And that the partner can too. Either to stir up drama by downplaying it, or trying to apologise. Its usually only a very few possible interactions for a very short time. Makes no sense compared to how long they are angry about it...
    Some "Kiss discrete" kind of-interactions for unfaithful sims, so they can get caught, but are aware of the danger... In my game there are usually not a consequence when cheating! Not okay ;) I tried to push it and one sim now have about 11-13(?) kids with many different sims, and they are not even really mad at him.... Come on!
    I would love some more complex feelings and a larger scale of emotions - in interactions. Why can't you generally show to other sims with the talking-interactions that you are; upset/ indifferent/ shy/ hurt/ heartbroken/ proud/ flattered/ flirting in secret/ wanna get back at them/tell them off for; that dollhouse they just broke/ the mean introduction to a pet/ havesting your perfect produce...? - Instead sims can choose "Angry; yell at/ argue about...)" It not really fair, because they come of as the crazy sims, even when somebody totally deserved to be asked to behave (not just kids!).
    - Yes, mean sims need to be told off sometimes! - Without the victims of their meanness have to take blame (loosing reputation), and be the angry one, for letting them know their actions are not accepted.
    We also need a shy greeting/ an indifferent greeting etc. - Not just Rude/ Cheerful (I know there are more, but the options are very black and white)
    - Im just looking for some more complicated interactions instead of Friendly or Angry/ Flirty or Funny...

6) Playable babies! Not much just a few interactions would really help! - Rocking with them In a chair, singing a song, and a few other interactions, as well as being able to give them a birthday party. Make sim babies matter.

7) Horses!

8) Bunkbeds!

9) Spiral stairs!

10) Small, home-friendly; telescoop!

11) Tiny clutter! - Think of all the empty shelves! Please shrink more clutter, lights and plants to the placing size of the Dining Out; little round table candle light.
    Their are so few items you can place (without cheat) on the shelves/ tabletops / half-walls! - If not filled sims will use them for dirty dishes... And not remove them again.

The last about Butlers is not as important to me, as I just dont play with butlers now. But if they could be functional I would.

!) Butlers... Is it a glitch or are they completely useless in sims 4? Why does my butler leave to be replaced by a few others? On one lot their may be 3 different butlers circulating, but each of them want new instructions a bet and all of them answer any requests with something like: "Please let the butler finish the task they are already assigned too, before giving them a new", or: "The butler was unable to fulfil the assigned task as there is nothing to repair/clean/water..." - But the place is a mess!
    Whenever I set them to open doors for visitors, they never, as in NEVER, open the door for visitors!
    Can they please be a little more engaging? Actually staying as a butler the same place, and be more manageable? - And why can't I repriment maids and butlers (and vets!) for their slacking, when they are doing it? They are suppose to help me, not cause me a headache.

Congratulations you made it to the end! :smiley:
    Thanks for reading
  • DruidOfDreamsDruidOfDreams Posts: 6 New Member
    A few things I desperately wish to see in the Sims 4, some of which were in previous editions, would be:
    Hair growth (Sims 2: Castaway)
    Layerable clothing! Goodness we had so many more options with extra layers
    Community Lot Investment and Real Estate
    Create-A-Style outside of the Pets CAS!!!!!
    Bunk beds for goodness sake, not every build has room for two separate single beds!
    It would be amazing to see Fairies and Werewolves make a return as well, some of my favorite TS3 games had family feuds between all the different types of occults.
    I'd love to see a return of the skill journal like we had in TS3, it was really cool to have something other than 'level 10' of a skill to look forward to.
    If TS3 could run like garbage in an open world back in 2012, we could surely do better now and not feel so alone on our individual lots.
    It would be amazing to get horses back alongside the equestrian skills and career path. Heck, I'd be elated with an entire farming pack.
  • IceeIceIkeIceeIceIke Posts: 1 New Member
    This sims already has been in game ?
    From The sims 4 vampire trailer At 0.10 time
  • ayan4uayan4u Posts: 2 New Member
    The game needs to be better optimized, it lags like hell with slow load times even without mods!
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Add more reactions and some of the fun things from The Sims2. I feel like the Sims 2 was the most fun of all the Sims games, I think it was because they had such varied reactions to things and more choices in there socials. I would have the Devs play Sims2 for a month then start on some updates and pack ideas. I like the animation and a lot of things from Sims4 but miss the fun and humor of Sims2. I did not care that much for Sims3 but for the supernatural pack.
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2020
    New free content unlocked by owning Snowy Escape + Island Living:
    • A new Trait (Temporarily dubbed as "Polite"), which allows the sim to automatically bow (Pay Respect) towards Sulani spirits, shrine spirits, statues that spawn spirits (gnomes), or other sims/ghosts in certain worlds- Sulani and Mt.Komorebi. (Not an available trait in the standard Sim NPCs, and will not trigger via Randomize A Sim.)
    • New shrines in the next free content update, since the Japanese audience doesn't approve of the capitalist approach.
    • Replace the curiosity interaction option at shrines with Conservation Inspiration. (The JP audience says this isn't a place of curiosity, but is one of respect and protection.)
    • Create unique Guardian Spirits of Sulani that can spawn at Mt.Komorebi shrines which can grant the sim with temporary mood boosts or status boosts. (Such as "Fire Protection," "Lightning Protection," "Drowning Protection," which will make a sim less likely to have an interaction with the Grim Reaper. And the opposite debuffs for angering the new spirits, of course.)
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • LAKSJDHFLAKSJDHFLAKSJDHFLAKSJDHF Posts: 1 New Member
    The return of sims 3 actions such as cuddling in bed, sims being able to choose to make the bed, sims taking cutlery out of the drawers, etc. The smaller actions made it more realistic. Sims lack a lot of minor human related actions.
  • DarkwingzDarkwingz Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2020
    Added more ideas from this thread.
    New meshes cost money, so I did my best to brainstorm a bit of cash to help fund the meshwork.

Custom Gender Settings: Non-Conforming/Non-Binary
    • Free update with new body mesh/clothing preference which the Non-Binary community has been asking for. (Neither Male nor Female.)
    • Free update with gender neutral clothes.
    • A Paid DLC Pack containing Sims4 themed gender neutral content. (Temporarily dubbed as "Sulani Deity Stuff Pack")
    • Free content by Disney's Marvel: Celestials- Galactus and Galactica should be enough to start with costume ideas.
    • Paid Disney's Marvel: Celestials DLC- content that contains new NPC Alien interactions, a cosmic zone and furniture "out of this world" for Non-Binaries to commune with the binary plane, and more Alien skill trees for sims.
    You can search for my builds with EA Account ID: MASTERDARKWINGZ
    No longer taking build requests/questions, sorry.
  • KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    I had this thought earlier looking for a new default eye set. Why exactly is it possible to heterochromia cats and dogs, but not Sims? I should think coding it in for Sims shouldn't be too world-breaking, so, please. Save me from being restricted to eye sets the creator bothered to make matching heterochromia for (I have a handful of Sims that are heterochromatic). I'd like if it was possible to pass it on genetically, too, that'd be nice, but not super necessary.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    Ageless birthdays would be cool as an option. It would be great to play with Seasons with automatic aging disabled!
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Circular chairs and beds that have the sheets hanging over. Please, enough with the neatly tucked in beds already.
  • haydendamian_97haydendamian_97 Posts: 63 Member
    I have FOUR things that the Sims crew could bring to the game. One, a potion that contains Eternal Youth or Forever Juice. It would cost 12,000 satisfaction points, the potion would have a green color. Two, the Sim Command Center, Three, an option for teens to drop out OR graduate early, if the sim's grade is above B average. And finally, FOUR, an option to delete relationships...

Thanks........
    Hayden Damian, geography buff, aviation buff, likes video games......
  • vlofvlof Posts: 2 New Member
    The one thing I think would be so cool to bring back was Story Mode. I loved playing this in TS2 on the PlayStation. Some will say it's basically what we do now but not entirely. I want an option where you complete objectives. Sims now is get a job, get married, have kids, they go to school and gain skills. It's the same process over and over. I love the game but it gets dull after a while. In Story Mode, you basically did missions/levels. Once completed you moved on to a different area and had something new to do. Have story mode and free play. Free play you can do what you want. Story Mode would give users a different option. You'd have different missions or tasks to complete for certain people or even finish small side missions. Each expansion pack can have a new mission/task to do. I hope this makes any sense at all. Even have this on Xbox or Playstation. At least for me, this would get me more excited to play and more excited for the expansion packs. Trailers for packs don't really show how the gameplay is. Trailer vs. Gameplay is different and I wish it could be the same.
  • saphnaelsaphnael Posts: 74 Member
    edited November 2020
    Macro Command Tab: you can save various saved commands in the tab, its alternative easier way to play.

Direct Control: just like console version of Sims 2, control directly sims using controller or keyboard.

Crowd NPC background: create NPC that perform specified task make the community lot more lively than usual empty lot. The timing and graphic quality of the NPC also configurable. The Option also available for Events.

• opossumloveropossumlover Posts: 1 New Member
    Please fix first person view! It would be great if you could control your sims walking with the WASD or arrow keys, also it needs to be easier to interact with doors, and the body needs to be fixed so you cant see through it.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited November 2020
    1. Concerts, stage performances, movie theater
    2. High School, Pre-school for Toddlers
    3. Romance - add more romantic interactions and slow dancing
    4. Family venue lot types that include non-alcoholic places you can take your teens, children, and toddlers

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    1. The option to swim/use boats to fish in more bodies of water in different worlds.
    2. More instruments and the ability to form bands, and perform places for money. Perhaps getting signed to a label like how you can with the music station.
    3. More dance styles. (Please bring back slow dancing 🥺) Tired of my sims flailing their arms and doing the chicken.
    4. Update on restaurants. If sims get poor quality food they should get the option to send it back or get it comped. Allow sims with family to have a family run business. And the option to be the chef of your own restaurant, please!!
  • Maryse__XMaryse__X Posts: 3 New Member
    A rather simple thing I'd like to get back: in the earlier games, Sims in a relationship would cuddle during sleep when sleeping in the same bed together. I always thought it was very cute and I genuinely miss it in the Sims 4
  • hennalanghennalang Posts: 1 New Member
    I'd like to be able to start a band. I just realized that's technically something you can't do outside of 'music clubs'... but I seriously wanna make a cool rock band that plays music in sync and blows crowds minds with their awesomeness.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    multifunctional lots! Imagine being able to create a shopping mall with stores, restaurants, bars, gym,etc... in just one lot!
  • MorningMistMorningMist Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see a option to set times when sims can not just show up to visit, its a bit annoying when a sim shows up and stays until the wee morning hours or all night, there should be a way to set a time cut off when visitors wont come over and they leave by that set time if there are already visiting, I would also like to see a fix regarding children and teens with school, when school is suppose to be in session there should not be any teens or children walking the neighborhoods, not right my children have to go to school but everyone else's doesn't

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top