March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• AshleyAliensAshleyAliens Posts: 1 New Member
    For some reason, I can't make usable two-sided booths in restaurants. A booth on either side and a table in the middle. It only allows one booth, one table, and two chairs added. It wont let you add the second booth. When I use the moveobjects cheat it works, but then my sims aren't able to sit there when they visit the restaurant and the hostess doesn't seat anyone there. This is beyond annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon. Double-sided booths are a MUST HAVE for restaurants. I hope this gets fixed ASAP!
  • CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    I would love for the butler to be able to fill pet bowls and walk the dog :)
  • ifraneifrane Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love to see more culture in the game. It would be cool to have different cultural greetings and dances, like the Maori Haka, the shikat (belly dance), Irish step-dancing, hula, bachata, African fertility dances, etc. There could be more holiday options in it and more religious options as well like Muslim salat and prayer rugs, Christian prayer, Jewish seder, Buddhist monks, Hindu meditations, etc. (You can of course also have people opt to be atheists or agnostics). There would also be tons of options for new clothing (hijabs, kippahs/yamakas, hanboks, kimonos, agbadas, kilts, kaitaka, mantillas, huipil, etc.). It could also include different decorating styles and artwork.
  • ifraneifrane Posts: 2 New Member
    I would also love an expansion pack filled with just new interactions. We need more interactions between couples and friends and parents and children....anything to make the connections stronger and more real.

It would be great to have another vacation expansion pack as well so Sims have the option to travel to places in Africa and Asia and South America and the Pacific instead of just camping or the jungle.

A final request would be for the create-a-world option again. It would be awesome to be able to design new worlds in the Sims to cover different areas of the world and different climates and biomes.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Let's see, I'be been working on a list, here's the latest version.

LIFE STATES
    • Zombies (TS2-style)
    • Fairies
    • PlantSims reworked to how they worked in TS3
    • Genies

CAS ITEMS
    • Chokers
    • Body Hair for Men (hopefully coming soon with if that poll's anything to go off.)
    • Robes
    • Sweatshirts and sweatpants (Tiny Living was a good start, but my thirst for comfortable winter clothing is unending!)
    • Maid outfit
    • Editable Career Outfits (I know there's a mod for it.)
    • Private school uniform
    • Elder walk styles (Geriatric Gait, Southern Gentleman, Lumbago Limp (holding back and dragging left leg))

SKILLS
    • Bass Guitar
    • Nectar Making
    • Sculpting
    • Drums
    • Science
    • Synthesizer
    • Pottery
    • Gambling (minor skill)

ITEMS
    • Pool Table
    • Pinball Machine
    • Drum Kit
    • Bass Guitar
    • Synthesizer
    • Keytar
    • Ant Farm
    • Tabletop Gaming Items (could write the adventure to build Writing skill, play the game to build Charisma (and/or Acting, if Get Famous is installed) skill)
    • Lava Lamps
    • Nectar-Making Machine (back from TS3: World Adventures)
    • Gambling Items (slot machine, poker table, roulette wheel)
    • Bunk Beds
    • Golf Items (both the driving range from TS3 and the Execuputter from TS2)
    • Exerto Punching Bag (back from TS2, functions like the punching bags in the game now)
    • Bonehilda Skeleton Maid
    • Pottery Wheel
    • Spiral Staircases
    • Staircase Chairlift
    • Lightning Rod

MUSIC STATIONS
    • Rock (and yes, you should have that Sims guitar medley from TS3 in there)
    • Disco
    • New Wave

CAREERS
    • Magician (Stage Magician and Sorcerer career paths)
    • Fortune Teller (Soothsayer and Scam Artist paths)
    • Professional Wrestler (Superstar and Booking Team paths)
    • Game Developer (Programmer and Artist paths)
    • Heroism (Good Simaritan and Superhero paths)
    • Nectar Vintner (Master of the Vines and Connoisseur paths)

GAMEPLAY FEATURES
    • Turn-ons and Turn-offs
    • Favorites (color, music genre, book genre, etc.)
    • Interests
    • Season lock
    • Fear emotion (three stages: Scared, Terrified, Petrified)
    • Private School
    • School Uniform slot for kids and teens
    • Return of the Firefighter
    • Let us choose the font for the game's interface. And yes, in keeping with Sims tradition, Comic Sans should be an option.
    • Elders-specific gameplay.

NEW TRAITS
    • Coward (Emotional, gets Scared easier)
    • Technophobe (gets Tense after using electronics)
    • Hydrophobic (gets Scared when bathing or in pools, using sinks, around sprinklers, etc.)
    • Indoorsman (gets Happy when indoors, gets Angry when outdoors and when doing outdoor activities)

TOWN STYLES
    • Winter-locked skiing town
    • Renaissance Italy (PLEASE give us a new spin on Monte Vista! I love that place!)
    • Afro-Futurist techno-utopia (come on now, you look me straight in the eye and tell me you wouldn't want to live in Sim-Wakanda)
  • BlueicetapperBlueicetapper Posts: 1 New Member
    I would really like to see online play! Each person gets a house and can do whatever they want with it. We could interact with other players via our sims!
  • TrepmalTrepmal Posts: 1 New Member
    My game crashed and I lost 6 hours of gameplay. Every other game I have bought in the last 10 years has had autosave. Not Sims 4.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    I posted this elsewhere but no idea if its the right thread:
    Chances are no one will pay any mind to this but I'd still like to put this out there.

The sims 4 needs a spin-off. We need something new. People have different playing styles, I myself love occult life states and the supernatural aspect but others prefer their games more realistic. The sims 4 has waaay less supernatural than ts3 and ts2 and lets face it the community will never be fully happy no matter what gets released. 

I would love a spin-off. Like a Greek gods of Olympus sims 4 style. Or another medieval. 

Truth is, I played ts3 during lockdown and I was awed by just how much content and gameplay was available and missing from ts4. They're like 2 unrelated games from the same genre. The difference is too much. 

Why don't spouses cuddle in bed while they sleep? Why are babies just mere objects? Why are there so few options in build/buy mode? Why can't I send my child to boarding school? Why do kids who get taken away or whose parents die get erased from history and not be an option for re-adoption?? Why is no one stealing my stove?? Why do I even have to ask these questions? 

I hope someone thinks of creating a super awesome spin-off just to shake things up a bit.
  • Mags0207Mags0207 Posts: 2 New Member
    Beach Vacation

-I created a rental for the beach vacation but am unable to travel to it.
    -Add the Island Living world to the destination option so that Sims can have a few days of vacation
  • Mags0207Mags0207 Posts: 2 New Member
    Baby/Toddler Care Issue

-when my Sim is going to care for a baby or toddler, someone else in the family (or visiting guest) will be trying to hold the baby
    -I am unable to help the baby because someone else is in the way. They don't even help the baby, they just hold it.

-Have it default that when someone is in the act of going to help the baby, the other sim cancels their attempt
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    fix. the. broken and glitchy. skintones. PLEASE!!!
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • ElizaG2016ElizaG2016 Posts: 35 Member
    I really just want story progression (please!) and more worlds exploring different cultures. I'd like my Sims' extended family to actually have lives without having to rotate through them all the time. As far as worlds, I'm particularly excited for a Swiss mountain world (winter sports?), Italian vineyard (TS3 nectar making!) or Chinese countryside (maybe martial arts can finally be added?).
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I want the most:
    Non-Mutual Relationships
    Free Babies
    Homeschool
    Preschoolers
    Preteens
    Middle Agers/Newly Retireds
    Better Elders
    Story Progression
    Sim Olympics
    Sim Museum Pack (saw this posted somewhere and love the idea)
    Hotel Pack
    Time Travel to the ancient Past - Pet Dinos haha
    Bikes/Trikes for Kids and Tots
    Follow Kids to School

• IsaiahIsaiah Posts: 1 New Member
    If there trying to help they should really try to help out console players the PC players get most attention I'm pretty sure lots of Console players would appreciate getting mods and cc
  • ShadePascalShadePascal Posts: 5 New Member
    Spiral staircases!!!!
    Ladders and steep stairs would be good too.
    Better dark skin-tones that have a more natural base colour. Skin-tones in general are very yellow or red.
    Oh yes, also cloaks and capes! Anything that helps me create my dungeons and dragons characters in the game. Belts as separate accessories.
  • JazzpuzJazzpuz Posts: 83 Member
    More ways to get sims out of the house without accompanying them.
    I know some people hate wormholes and I tend to agree. However sometimes I just want my sim out of the house so my other sim can cheat or the teen sim can throw a party >:) There's really no good way of doing this though as you usually have to make the sim travel to another lot so then you have to load the lot you travel to and then you have to load back to the previous lot :s
    It would be cool if sims could buy tickets to the cinema/game/opera/ballet/concert/theatre/cooking class and maybe bring sims along to build relationships. When the time comes they just pop off the lot for a certain amount of time and naughty sims can do what they want home alone. This would be a great way to keep in touch with sims outside of the household as I cannot be bothered to invite them over only for them to just sit on the computer or wander around the house like they own it
    Circular rooms. Floor and wall. I want to build a cylindrical tower.
  • DeuspawnDeuspawn Posts: 3 New Member
    - vitiligo!!!

- mental illnesses (idk how this would work and it'd have to be done right but I feel like this would be really interesting?)

- autism spectrum (it's not a disease!)

- ear piercings (double helix, conch, etc!!!)

- wheelchair/crutches/prosthetics!

- dyed hair!!! but with highlights or just the tips -- we pick the color options, not the game! For example, if you have a blonde character with the dyed hair option, don't pick the color dye for us!

- painted nails/nail lengths!

- height!! are they a human tree or part dwarf??

- eye color (heterochromia), specks in someone's eyes etc

- more types of freckles + moles

- scars and burns

- other injuries (Band-Aids)

- bandages in certain areas (on hands for burns)

- zippers and reoccurring styles

- synthesia 

- color blind (if possible??) or deaf etc
    More traits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Deaf people and Sim Sign Language?!??!?!???!?!??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    A space themed expansion pack/game pack - it's a theme that has never been done before in the Sims and I'd love to see it expanded upon (I don't really count the secret lot in Get to Work)
  • KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    I want the most:
    Non-Mutual Relationships
    Free Babies
    Homeschool
    Preschoolers
    Preteens
    Middle Agers/Newly Retireds
    Better Elders
    Story Progression
    Sim Olympics
    Sim Museum Pack (saw this posted somewhere and love the idea)
    Hotel Pack
    Time Travel to the ancient Past - Pet Dinos haha
    Bikes/Trikes for Kids and Tots
    Follow Kids to School

Yo. The museum pack with the dino, space and ancient history exhibits was me. Thanks for the support.
    Pet Dinos sound awesome, like a miniature T-Rex. B)
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hello Simmers,

We love feedback, we crave it ... And with that thought in mind we wanted to start a dedicated thread, so you can share specific items you hope to see in game.

Have a specific haircut you love and want to see it in game? A make-up style you use daily and want to replicate in The Sims 4? Missing a skin tone that is just right for you?

Let us know the styles/items you want to see in-game! Pictures are loved and much appreciated.

Then why do you folks at EA so consistently ignore feedback?
  • PmlTryPmlTry Posts: 783 Member
    Here is something I truly find baffling about the entire Sims franchise -- which I have been playing since Sims 1.

My family has several photo albums. The earliest one is at the beginning of the twentieth century. I can open it up, and there are my ancestors looking youthful. There's great-grandma in 1917, her hair down and loose around her ears, wearing her jeans and her t-shirt and sneakers, her father's Toyota Tercel in the background...

Does nobody else see what's wrong with this picture?

Part of playing with Sims for me and many other simmers are legacies. Family histories fascinate me, and part of the fun of those sort of stories for me is the way the world changes in each generation.

My mom did not have the same hairstyles, wear the same kind of clothes, or use the same technology I do. I remember thinking when Sims 2 came out, with its ability for Sims to reproduce, that surely the next obvious move by EA would be to create "stuff" packs for various eras. Every time a new Sims came out, I thought, "this time they'll figure it out, right?"

Of course not. Every once in a great while you'd see a set of clothing in a pack for the 1920s or 50s, but it was all hit or miss. To create a legacy that made sense, I'd have to go websites outside of EA and download what I could find. Which wasn't too bad when Sims 2, came out, became slightly more complicated with Sims 3, and now is a nightmare. While those earlier websites were often well-organized and straightforward, the ones I encounter now are chaotic mazes where the ads seem deliberately designed to mislead you into downloading stuff you don't want.

Why, why, WHY does a game that involves creating generations of people not include more stuff packs for different eras? Why? Surely other people have brought this up?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top