Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    QOL improvement: when two sims get married, give me the choice to change the surnames then and there if i want. similar to the new household funds xfer when moving in sims i can choose to xfer a surname or leave it as is
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    well we got tons of cloths, tons of furiture "With tons of off sight offering even more (cc Items)" how about More items we can interact with and bring the game alive.
    So far we got bowling (like that alot ), bars, food, shopping, art gallerys, parks and libraries and two places to go on vacation, a camp ground and a jungle adventure ( good Job on that one, great job), and since alot of people in the game do the kiddy thing, How about something totaly diffrent? (( A Zoo)) or something along that line.
    Might be cool and all the Kiddy folk could take there tot's there.
    or stuff for our teens can do ? waterpark, or go carts?

Also, can we have a new land to place lots on

oh and plz slow down the clock on the day to give us more time to do stuff, you have our sims with a real short life spam, unless you check it so they never die, most of the days your sims are at work or school and after all the homework, you get to eat, pee, and shower, then off to bed.
    You can always speed up the days , but you cant slow them down and with all the pauses in action, you really dont get much done.
    exp. way over a hour just to eat a bowl of cereal, really?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just a thought
  • Options
    HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    I would love to see kids playing together, running after each other in the house, playing hide and seek, or rock-paper-scissors. Everything that would make kids more alive would be amazing.

For the hair, I would love to see more hair color. After 5 years, I have the feelings my sims start to look like each other. I would love to see more brown more blond type of color. That would be for me an amazing update for the CAS.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Options
    Thats cool, the sims 3 kids acted like kids like that
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited March 2020
    This
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    QOL improvement: when two sims get married, give me the choice to change the surnames then and there if i want. similar to the new household funds xfer when moving in sims i can choose to xfer a surname or leave it as is

Hair physics just a little bit

Unlock all hair colors for toddlers and children ( some Simmers have aliens and want them to have hair and inherit purple hair from their parents.....)

Nail colors and possibility of beauty salon that could tie well with the fashion career or Spa Day

Turn on's and off's

Cars like in the Sims 2 where you can also work on them.

Fix the fridge menu and reorganize it so drinks are by themselves

The ability for Sims to fix food and drink and set the table without trying to eat or drink any of it
    Also for them to place food and drink on set table depending on how many Sims are on the lot.

The nail polish, lotion, and shampoo as usable objects.

Useable towels along with the never nude trait where they wear a white towel in the shower

Ability to lay on the couch and watch tv/read while laying down and then possibility of falling asleep if they get bored with a movie or a book
    *Sims 2 Sims could lay down and watch tv

Story progression

Cemetery Lot & funerals; spending the time getting Sims through their lives to not celebrate their life after death and for Sims to just get a sad moodlet/or happy if their evil is not dynamic enough in my opinion.

Couple dancing to level 5

Physical report cards that can be bawled up if bad and put up if good for all students

Journals to be actual memory savers that are interactive and can put little pictures in that would reintroduce memories

The inventory to be a physical backpack/purse that can be shown or hidden and the ability to buy different ones at a store and have the ones not being used hanging up or on the floor

Ability to get dazed drinking too many bar drinks(except drinks children can drink like rootbeer float)
  • Options
    HyawehHyaweh Posts: 36 Member
    It's a detail but I would love the possibility to lock the fridge for kids. Honestly I use to play with one sim and let the others autonomous and it's so annoying to see my kids take food at 3pm so they won't be hungry at night.

I would love some details between the sims like leaning on each other on couch, cuddling on bed.

Changing babies so they would be more than objects. I would love to have back the baby-changing table. I'll be honest, I'm so tired to see my baby in the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 clothes. I can't see the butterflies and the monkey anymore haha.

I would love my sim to be able to read in bed or in the lounge chair.

I like the idea that has been given about choosing the name when our sims get married.
    Sorry for my English, I'm French.
  • Options
    AtomictoyrobotAtomictoyrobot Posts: 3 New Member
    Adult sims with the Childish trait should be able to play with the Void Critters Battle station.

If my adult sim can walk over to a doll house and play with it then the same should go with the Battle station, PERIOD.

The Battle Station itself is the only item worth getting the Kids Room Stuff pack, the fact that its so limited to who can use it is insulting.

If the Sims is supposed to be us "playing with life" the fact that this feature doesn't exist is insulting to the many of trading card game players that had developed a fondness for games such as : Pokemon, MTG, or Yugioh and kept those hobbies into our adult lives.

Additionally this would allow adult and children to have another method of interaction. Sharing a beloved hobby between family members is something that I think should be a focus for future content.
  • Options
    jaasimmer12jaasimmer12 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you for this discussion! I hope these are still getting back to the Sim Gurus!

Lately I think there really needs to be a Favorties System added to the game. Not just a text list of favorties that don't change anything, but favroties that act like traits and change the way your sims interact with their world.

Here is what I have come up with:

MOST FAVORITES

Food
    Gives Happy Buff “My Favorite!”
    New Interaction: Make Favorite Food

Music Genre
    Gives Happy Buff “This Is My Jam!”
    Automatically turn on this station with “Listen to Music” Interaction

Hobby
    Gets Happy Buff When Doing Activity “This is So Fun!”
    Improves the Corresponding Skill Faster with Buff

Drink
    Gives Happy Buff “My Favorite!”
    Already in Game

Book Genre
    Gives Happy Buff “So Engaging!”
    Automatically pick out this genre of book with “Read a Book” Interaction

TV Channel
    Gives Happy Buff “Binge Worthy!”
    Automatically turn on this channel with “Watch TV” Interaction

Color

Season
    Gives Happy Buff during that Season “Tis the Season” “My Favorite Time of Year”
    Weather
    Gives Happy Buff during this Weather “I Love Stormy Weather” “Nothing Like Sunshine” “Cozy and Snowy” “Gloomy and Perfect”

Trait
    Builds Relationship Faster with Sims with this Trait
    Gets Happy Buff when around Sims with this Trait “What a Cool Cat!”
    Least Favorites

LEAST FAVORITES

Food
    Gives Sad/Uncomfortable/Angry Buff “Ick, Gross!”
    Toddlers and Kids get Sad Buff
    Hot Headed Sims get Angry Buff
    Sims won’t Finish Meal
    Sims get Tummy Ache After Meal

Music Genre
    Gives Uncomfortable/Angry Buff “Ugh, I Hate It”

Hobby
    Gets Uncomfortable/Angry Buff When Doing Activity “Anything Else Please”
    Improves the Corresponding Skill Slower with Buff

Drink
    Gives Uncomfortable/Angry Buff “Bleck!”
    Already in Game

Book Genre
    Gives Bored Buff “Dying of Boredom”
    Fun Need goes Down when Reading

TV Channel
    Gives Bored Buff “Dying of Boredom”
    Fun Need goes Down when Reading

Color

Season
    Gives Uncomfortable Buff when Outside during that Season “Most Awful Season of All”

Weather
    Gives Uncomfortable Buff during this Weather “Rain Rain Go Away” “I Feel Like I’m Melting” “My Pants are Frozen” “Why’s the Sun Gone?”

Trait
    Builds Relationship Slower with Sims with this Trait
    More Failed Positive Interactions with Sims with this Trait
    Gets Uncomfortable/Angry Buff when around Sims with this Trait “Bye Felicia!” “Something about this Sim is just rubbing you the wrong way”

Lately I feel like the Sims's personalities are lacking something and every Sim seems the same. It takes a lot of creativity/imagination to make the Sims feel unique in behavior. I think this system would give the Simmers more amo to create unique sims stories around, and add some personality/unique behavior to the Sims. I think it would also act as a simplified attraction system, which would also make building relationships more engaging.

I would love to hear your thoughts!
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited March 2020
    I really don´t want anything for the sims 4, a remake of sims 2 on the other hand, about time don´t you think?

And by that I mean a remake of sims 2, not another sims 4.
    I would buy every single pack for a new sims 2 game, true to the first one.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    I really don´t want anything for the sims 4, a remake of sims 2 on the other hand, about time don´t you think?

And by that I mean a remake of sims 2, not another sims 4.
    I would buy every single pack for a new sims 2 game, true to the first one.

errr no.... no remakes, just make something entirely new, or mix the best of each into a totally new experience.

i mean, why not just play TS 2 if you like it so much?? saves you a fortune as well ;)

i loved TS 3 a lot so i still play it if i feel like it and get bored with ts 4 (which happens a lot atm...) but would i pay 100's of euros for a remake of TS 3?? heck no! apart from maybe some improved graphics and maybe a smoother performance it would still be the same game, same experience. if it went up for 20E for the complete package sure but we all know EA's greed...they would just milk you for over a 1000$ for a simple remake...no thank you

• Options
    bmoody5314bmoody5314 Posts: 2 New Member
    I would love for the sims 4 to have the body shop attachment that the sims 3 has where you can design and edit their clothes or how in the sims 3 you can design the furniture and stuff more. There were so many more choices when it came to those things.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    bmoody5314 wrote: »
    I would love for the sims 4 to have the body shop attachment that the sims 3 has where you can design and edit their clothes or how in the sims 3 you can design the furniture and stuff more. There were so many more choices when it came to those things.

i am with you on this one! i really miss the endless customization creativity i could have in TS 3. in TS 4 it is way too limited for my tastes and it is such a waste for lots of clothing because the choices on a lot of them are mehh at best while in TS 3 even the most plain shirt could be an awesome one because of all the customization options we had available
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Updated textures and swatches for stuff from the first couple of years of the game’s release. Like basically all of the hairs I would like to see refined with the more updated polished look of newer hairs.
  • Options
    KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    So I have a big issue with fires. 1. Why do Sims run towards fires when logically your survival instincts are screaming for you to evacuate the danger. 2. Twice now I've had fires where my Sim refused to extinguish it because she 'had no access to it' or use the Chillio spell to put it out for the same reason! It's magic!! Why should it matter what's blocking the way?! Put out the freaking death flames! 3. When all else fails, WHY CAN I NOT CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT!!!!? DO THEY NOT EXIST IN THIS GAME???!
  • Options
    KaruminuKaruminu Posts: 19 Member
    And another thing. Why do the game options for Seasons not freaking work? I turn the setting for rain and storms off, yet I'm still getting them! Why are the options not freaking listening??
  • Options
    CNJ93CNJ93 Posts: 30 Member
    It would be great with an extra base game world, maybe a few extra lots in the existing worlds (especially smaller lots now that we have Tiny Living), and more apartments 😊
  • Options
    MistyZBAMistyZBA Posts: 29 Member
    I want to see a trait added on to Sims 4 called Pass-The-Buck, where the sim can get somebody else to do the work, and they can still get credit for it.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    The gurus asked in the previous survey how previous packs could be improved, but we weren't given the opportunity to explain specifically what we would like to see changed. One of the options I chose was C&D and I'd like to explain what I'd like to see here. What I'd like to see in this pack is a reason to actually own pets.

Let me explain. The pets are currently decent. They can be annoying, but that more to do with programming. In terms of actual content, there's not much incentive to own a pet. There's not much you can do with them if you're not into the vet career or friend of the animals aspiration.

Now, what I find interesting is that we have a pet training skill (but only for dogs, it should be expanded to cats as well) and agility course materials in this pack, yet nothing to do with them. Training your pet ultimately amounts to nothing. So I'd like to propose pet competitions.

This will allow these skills to have more purpose. Pet training could tie in with an obedience competition. The more tricks your pet knows, the better chance of them winning the competition. The goal will be for the sim to have their pet correctly perform as many tricks as they can within a certain time limit. Pets with 'smart' and 'clever' traits would be likely to learn and perform better. Agility training should tie into an official agility trail. We have the equipment already in the game, it just needs a competition around it. The more a sim practices with their pet, the better they'll perform. The goal would be to finish the course the fastest. Pets with 'active' trait would do better.

The winning prize for each competition could be money, along with a trophy for the sim, and a ribbon for the animal. I think incorporating competitions such as these will make it more worthwhile to want to get a pet and actually give us stuff to do with them.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    More Gamepacks, Expansions, Free Contents & fixes on all the Sims 4 games.
  • Options
    The gurus asked in the previous survey how previous packs could be improved, but we weren't given the opportunity to explain specifically what we would like to see changed. One of the options I chose was C&D and I'd like to explain what I'd like to see here. What I'd like to see in this pack is a reason to actually own pets.

Let me explain. The pets are currently decent. They can be annoying, but that more to do with programming. In terms of actual content, there's not much incentive to own a pet. There's not much you can do with them if you're not into the vet career or friend of the animals aspiration.

Now, what I find interesting is that we have a pet training skill (but only for dogs, it should be expanded to cats as well) and agility course materials in this pack, yet nothing to do with them. Training your pet ultimately amounts to nothing. So I'd like to propose pet competitions.

This will allow these skills to have more purpose. Pet training could tie in with an obedience competition. The more tricks your pet knows, the better chance of them winning the competition. The goal will be for the sim to have their pet correctly perform as many tricks as they can within a certain time limit. Pets with 'smart' and 'clever' traits would be likely to learn and perform better. Agility training should tie into an official agility trail. We have the equipment already in the game, it just needs a competition around it. The more a sim practices with their pet, the better they'll perform. The goal would be to finish the course the fastest. Pets with 'active' trait would do better.

The winning prize for each competition could be money, along with a trophy for the sim, and a ribbon for the animal. I think incorporating competitions such as these will make it more worthwhile to want to get a pet and actually give us stuff to do with them.

this sounds solid indeed, because it is indeed not very interesting to have pets as they are now….they are more of a boring chore because they are so….boring. and like i suggested in a previous comment: i'd love to see more use for archeology :) specifically: Al Simhara or another Egypt-based vacation area with some location specific dishes to learn, perhaps some new collectible gems and fish and ofcourse Ancient Egyptian artefacts to dig up and rare Egyptian treasures like for example those awesome gold-onyx statues like in TS 3 but of more Egyptian deities. and ofcourse rare items like a set of canopic jars which can unlock a playable mummy :D yeah, also a reason to bring back the mummies (and please make them a danger unlike the utterly harmless skeletons). as a sidenote it would also be awesome to add a celtic-based artefact collection you can search for in places like Windenburg by using the search for dig site interaction ;) i loved Jungle adventures to death but yeah...once you have seen El Selvadorada….you have seen it which is a shame...
  • Options
    Have NPCs show up as vendors when I place these on community lots. It doesn't make sense that I have to hire a vendor on a community lot. Townies should also show up on 'generic lots'. They don't seem to do so in my game even when I try to give the lot traits that should draw in people like dog friendly or teen hangout.
  • Options
    lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Sims to Express their situations more like parent n child holding hands together, livers as well. They should be able to drive cars n get on boats together to destination and return together. The sims in love should be able to do more things like picnics n families too. The game shouldn't load if you are in your neighborhood. Also direct controls should be an option to use. Its alit that can be done in this game but it's not happening sims 2 was opening things up for the better...I feel like you guys should build up off sims 2 n add what u guys already have plus more of course. Sort of like red dead redemption game.. awesome...
  • Options
    Just a bunch of different things:

Gameplay/general
    - Go jogging together
    - Small interactions, animations and details like in the Sims 2 (like seen in some videos on YouTube)
    - More unique interactions based on relationship: parents/children, grandparents/grandchildren, siblings, friends, romantic relationships
    - Exercise classes at the gym
    - More leisure time activities
    - Being able to interact with cookbooks: learn new recipes!!!
    - Being able to interact with more of the decoration/clutter items...
    - Being able to order other take away than pizza
    - Garden channel on TV
    - More after-school/leisure time activities
    - Burglars and firefighters
    - Free the babies
    - It's weird you don't know your only family members or people you have had a conversation with without introducing yourself first
    - More relationship types: cousins, step parents, in-laws, etc.
    - more interactions in pool
    -Strollers for toddlers so that you can bring them with you everywhere
    - More careers! (Architect, band, singer, professional athletes for different sports, cop, firefighter, model, etc)
    - Have "family members" as category in relationships overview + when inviting people to events
    - Being able to choose between all the relationship types in CAS

Build/buy/lots/terrain
    - Lot types: cemetery, cinema, bowling alley?, multipurpose lots (so you can have different stuff like e.g. café + bookshop on the same lot)
    - Throwpillows and blankets/plaids for decoration (it would also be cool if you could use the blankets or have pillow fights with the pillows)
    - Being able to match more furniture: more swatches for the furniture
    - Separating mattresses and frames: mix and match
    - Matching cabinets for all kitchen counters
    - More decorations/clutter items
    - Bon bonnieres
    - Plants that hang from the ceiling
    - Fridge magnets, notes, post-its
    - More outdoor plants
    - Being able to create ponds/lakes
    - More cork boards + clutter items to place on them (sticky notes, postcards, etc.; maybe kids can make drawings and you can place them on it (or on the fridge)
    - Vending machines!!
    - More mailboxes
    - More boho-styled objects
    - More off-the-rid items
    -
  • Options
    iiina95iiina95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would like to see more random things happening during visits to community lots. For example, fires (they don't necessarily have to kill sims), people fighting with strangers and people woohooing in bushes and closets.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top