Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: Share with us what you would want to see in the game

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    We have the ''happy toddler'' trait in the game when we have a toddler who has level 3 in each skills.This trait boosts skills gain when they grow up. Could we have the opposite one, something like ''unhappy toddler'' which is acquired when a toddler is neglected and doesn't reach level 3 in each skills? It should also causes a slow-down on any skill gain when they grow up.

That's the kind of things that add challenge, difficulty and impact on how you play your game.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    i have the cleaning kit thing and would also love it if my sims would stop constantly sniffing the room. the house is clean, cool, they dont need to sniff it so often.

they stop what ive told them to do, to sniff, and it takes time away from what i want them doing.

once or twice a day isnt too bad but to me it feels like every time they walk into a new room, leave or reenter the house they sniff and its annoying
  • dacipota4everdacipota4ever Posts: 3 New Member
    For those of us with the dust kits, can we have a good old broom and dust pan? Specially for anyone playing off a the grid? I don't want to keep going to the options and enable/disable dust every time I switch families (I lose track).
  • TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    I want the option to cook with only items you buy or grow. No buying from the fridge. In the Sims 3 there was a mod for this. But in the Sims 4 you can't really do that. (I don't think) More items. Grocery store, farmers market, cellar to store wine and vegetables.
  • jjayfrogsjjayfrogs Posts: 4 New Member
    i personally would like to see a wider range of jobs and maybe even adding more jobs that you can play with get to work. i find it really fun going to work with my sim so it would be nice to have more jobs to choose from !
  • janwearsbracesjanwearsbraces Posts: 53 Member
    Apart from my constant "spiral staircases!" refrain, I would love to see a greater variety of roof textures and trims. It would be great to be able to build a true Victorian "gingerbread" house--swirly trims and all. Another thing that would be welcome is ability to choose and sort our CAS & Build/Buy items to a "favorites" category.

For the Sims, as many others have said, more traits and actions that come with those traits would make the game more fun, or just more behaviors tied to the existing traits. For example, the "jealousy" trait could involve a slap to the face of the offending Sim. :D Or a "shy" trait with avoidant behavior, like hiding when someone knocks on the door (this could be incorporated into the existing "loner" trait). More aspirations, too.
    Spiral staircases please!
  • InspectorBodoInspectorBodo Posts: 6 New Member
    - Sims 2-style genetics with dominant+recessive traits - seems pretty doable using hidden traits
    - Full-body details like freckles or vitiligo spots
    - Better roof tool - give us more options to control the mesh or even fuse several meshes together. Too often I find myself dealing with a roof that has a weird section I want to trim off, sometimes clipping inside the build as well or I can't choose the kind of slope I like because a part of the roof shows through another roof section.
    - Ability to customize townie job assignment, so I can choose who works at a specific restaurant or bar or gym as a flavor option - this could even be a debug option, I just really want it to exist for my themed savefiles
    - Ability to disable automatic townie creation - perhaps with a warning if the game can't find free townies to assign to jobs - again this is for themed savefiles - I can never get mods to work with this correctly
    - Better interaction menu organization - if your sim has a lot of skills/ finished aspirations etc. finding the correct interaction becomes really tedious
    - Ability to edit hair and makeup on work and special outfits - they don't always fit and also don't update if you makeover a sim, it would be nice to be able to customize the clothes as well, perhaps with a specific limited selection of appropriate outfits
    - Ability to clone alien true form facial features onto the disguise. I like making them look somewhat similar so you can tell it's the same person. This is currently really annoying to go about.
    - Overhaul clutter slots - it annoys me that I can't even put a toothbrush cup and soap by the bathroom sink without debug options.
    - Portable chess table and perhaps even chess tournaments in the parks? Always thought the chess tournament circle in Sims 3 was a cute touch.
    - Foods in likes/dislikes
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Improved babies, cars and a Generations type pack with unique and meaningful content for each age group.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Spiral Staircases please!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I want the option to cook with only items you buy or grow. No buying from the fridge. In the Sims 3 there was a mod for this. But in the Sims 4 you can't really do that. (I don't think) More items. Grocery store, farmers market, cellar to store wine and vegetables.

This is a feature coming in Cottage Living actually! They are bringing new lot challenges and this is one of them. :)
  • Simmer_MagooSimmer_Magoo Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I want to suggest that our maids vacuum our home as part of their cleaning routine.
    edited June 2021
    I'd like the team to keep on adding whims (& adds the missing ones from packs after GF) cause I think they stopped it around Get Famous. I noticed they are a little bit more revelant so they surely kind of fixed them.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    id like it, if my sims could wee in the shower. playing in strangerville this is especially necessary to avoid bladder accidents when the toilet has vines in it and theyre too close to wetting themselves or are obsessed with going to work off hours
    on another note, could we get more lot traits please? glimmerbrook doesnt appear to have any that're relevant to the area and thats a little disappointing
  • Clbowman0406Clbowman0406 Posts: 9 New Member
    I’d like to see a consult added to the Dream Home Decorator career. Like when you first get to the lot you can ask them about their design style and get their feedback, but then you can show them 3 characteristics you think might work for the space like a color, a style, and one other descriptor (like they would give you). Because, a decent amount of the time they give you useless information. A real interior designer would present their clients with ideas and options. Then, they’d see how the client feels about the idea, like if it matches their likes. And please give an option to accept or turn down the job after the consult. Irl, designers can turn down jobs, budgets, etc. and I think it would be better if only one person in the house was the client, maybe 2 if absolutely necessary. Especially when a room is not specified.
    edited July 2021
    When we invite children over, if they stay late, their respective parents should be coming to our house to pick them up back home. It would add more sense & realism than the cildren staying over till ungodly hours and finally deciding to go home on their own.

Also, some of the notifications need a fix. Why when I invite somebody over and we don't have a great time, when it's time for the invited sim to go, I get a notification like ''It was nice having you I have to go''? There should be different ones like ''It was horrible, I never want to see you again'' or ''That wasn't exciting, hope it's better next time'' etc.

Once again, those are little details that make a huge difference!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • arthrfrtsarthrfrts Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been thinking a lot why I'm kind of bummed out of The Sims 4. I love a lot of things about the game. The systems are powerful -- multitasking, feelings, relationships are so, so much better. And I find the art style of the game a great evolution from The Sims 1 and 2, leaving that strange realism from TS3 for something more expressive and fun.

But something didn't quite clicked with me until recently. I've been testing waters with TS4 since release, and enjoyed quite a bit of Seasons if I'm being honest, but there were something missing. So after years I decided to try to find out. I reinstalled The Sims 2, the game I have the most fond memories of, and the answer came quickly. I mean, literally! The Neighborhood's Splash Screen.

In The Sims 2, after you choose a neighborhood you are welcomed with a splash screen which tells some of the stories that are happening there, neighbor by neighbor. That way, when you start a new game, you are put inside an ongoing story of that neighborhood, so you have a better idea of how your Sims will relate with neighbors and with the ongoing events happening there. Be it Bella's mystery or Lotario love triangle, we know that some things are happening around our Sims and we can choose to be part of it or not.

I don't think this is a solution for all the problems of The Sims fans, but that's a relatively small detail that put me off after The Sims 3 added a simple neighborhood description, and The Sims 4 removed the feature altogether. I think each player enjoys The Sims in a different way, so not everyone liked that Splash Screen or want to play The Sims around already-created characters, and I get that! But I would love to have an option of enabling something like that back again, that let me know where my Sims are going to live, to know an overview of the story my Sims are going to be in. I belive that's why TS2 were so memorable: we were actually introduced to them and their lives, and *then* we decided what to do with it.

Anyway, I'm a long time fan of the series and of Maxis in general, and I hope this doesn't sound of like a pedantic criticism. I really love this franchise and would love to feel part of it again.
  • CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    arthrfrts wrote: »
    I've been thinking a lot why I'm kind of bummed out of The Sims 4. I love a lot of things about the game. The systems are powerful -- multitasking, feelings, relationships are so, so much better. And I find the art style of the game a great evolution from The Sims 1 and 2, leaving that strange realism from TS3 for something more expressive and fun.

But something didn't quite clicked with me until recently. I've been testing waters with TS4 since release, and enjoyed quite a bit of Seasons if I'm being honest, but there were something missing. So after years I decided to try to find out. I reinstalled The Sims 2, the game I have the most fond memories of, and the answer came quickly. I mean, literally! The Neighborhood's Splash Screen.

In The Sims 2, after you choose a neighborhood you are welcomed with a splash screen which tells some of the stories that are happening there, neighbor by neighbor. That way, when you start a new game, you are put inside an ongoing story of that neighborhood, so you have a better idea of how your Sims will relate with neighbors and with the ongoing events happening there. Be it Bella's mystery or Lotario love triangle, we know that some things are happening around our Sims and we can choose to be part of it or not.

I don't think this is a solution for all the problems of The Sims fans, but that's a relatively small detail that put me off after The Sims 3 added a simple neighborhood description, and The Sims 4 removed the feature altogether. I think each player enjoys The Sims in a different way, so not everyone liked that Splash Screen or want to play The Sims around already-created characters, and I get that! But I would love to have an option of enabling something like that back again, that let me know where my Sims are going to live, to know an overview of the story my Sims are going to be in. I belive that's why TS2 were so memorable: we were actually introduced to them and their lives, and *then* we decided what to do with it.

Anyway, I'm a long time fan of the series and of Maxis in general, and I hope this doesn't sound of like a pedantic criticism. I really love this franchise and would love to feel part of it again.

Excellent feedback IMO - the longer I play it, I think this is one of the more standout things missing in general that makes TS4 a bit stale at times.

My own feedback to offer here is a bit of a repeat but honestly - Future Pack and the Alien life state needs a serious overhaul and rework. After how good they were in S3 plus the slam dunks (IMO) that were both Vamps and Casters in 4, Aliens need to be brought up to the same level of quality.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
    Can we get a room bounds/boundary tool? Something similar to the walls tool, but that would allow the game to understand room boundaries. With the addition of platforms, lofts are popular and fun to make. But, unless it's completely walled off, you can't use auto-lights properly. So, your sims will wake up a lot at night unless you remember to manually turn off the lights. You also end up with way more lights on than what you need. I'd love to see this added. I have an awesome build I'm working on that has a loft on a platform and then a fence around the walls, but the fence is not enough to qualify it as a room. So, I'm trying to find a workaround for it so I can upload the build to the gallery.
    Also, it would be awesome if we could favorite items in the build/buy catalog. Because, some items are so hard to locate. It would be awesome to have a favorites section!
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    I would love the ability for whenever you're building something, that for it to be saved permanently to your gallery or your library from whenever it was last autosaved/manually. Sometimes, I just don't wanna publicly publish my creations until I'm satisfied with my results. I like the thought of knowing that I have something to fallback on incase something bad were to happen that I cannot control. There's been times where I'll save something that I've worked hard on, thinking that it's secure, only to find out afterwards that it's not all because I didn't publish just to "favorite" it. 🙄 I think all of what I'm suggesting is almost like a "little" tweak in the format? All I want is just a little convenience, is all. 🙏🏽
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I'd still love to see an Equitation pack and if you want some ideas for beautiful horses for Dressage, movers and lookers you could look no further than Jasper 366. King of the Stallions! A beautiful black Friesian.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jasper+366+stallion&&view=detail&mid=83C351B8F8C061362FB083C351B8F8C061362FB0&rvsmid=F4A1F2F38BD601CE3DEAF4A1F2F38BD601CE3DEA&FORM=VDQVAP
  • bwill2009bwill2009 Posts: 6 New Member
    Suggestions I have is more textured hair styles for POC. More up to date styles that aren't ugly. More earring options and more hairstyles where the earrings actually show. I also I notice it is way too easy to get rich in this game and not enough to spend you money on. Salaries should be reduced or create more expensive content to spend money on. I think it would be better if you had to actually buy clothes rather than having access to them all. Cars would be nice. I like how you can own a store in get to work and you hire someone. but if you play with that hired sim their employment status is unemployed. They should still work at the store just how it was on sims 2.
  • ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    i miss the cars and motorbikes from sims3 and i would love to have them back in sims4.
    the pack could with daredevil trait or aspiration and racetracks and mechanic and race career.
    also mechanic could be a skill to.
    what i also miss in sims4 is the electric guitars with electric guitar sound.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top