Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Archaeology Skill?

Do you think Archaeology will be a new skill in Jungle Adventures?

The description mentioned an "archaeology table" and the chance of relics being fakes.

Maybe it's a skill that helps you value things better, and spot fakes quicker (so you spend less time cleaning them up and can move onto the next thing).

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I would love it if there was. Either that or just a pure Research skill would be nice. Hopefully there's also some aspirations to go along with things as well. I'd also love an Archaeology/Adventure career as well but...I won't hold my breath on that one since it's only a GP lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would think that there would have to be an archeology skill. As you said, they mentioned an archeology table so it must have skill levels that would allow your sim to get better at determining which relics are real and which are fake and their worth. Similar to the woodworking table skill.

I want a pith helmet. It doesn't seem like much, but all those Saturday mornings watching those old Tarzan movies with the "bad" guys wearing pith helmets through the jungle.

Please, someone, create a Tarzan loincloth. It would be my only CC addition to my game.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @Dannydanbo there's loin cloth type cc out there for both males and females already thanks to several amazon/history challenges and people needing clothes/items for them.
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    @Dannydanbo there's loin cloth type cc out there for both males and females already thanks to several amazon/history challenges and people needing clothes/items for them.

Thanks!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wonder what a hypothetical archaeology skill would do. Maybe there's appraisal and historical knowledge. And possibly better chances at avoiding traps and getting through mazes.

I'd like to have this skill, so that my archaeologist sim can be legit. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wonder what a hypothetical archaeology skill would do. Maybe there's appraisal and historical knowledge. And possibly better chances at avoiding traps and getting through mazes.

The leaked description also said something about "excavating" which makes me wonder if they have improved the dig skill for treasures. Maybe as your skill improves, your chance of digging up better objects increases.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

The leaked description also said something about "excavating" which makes me wonder if they have improved the dig skill for treasures. Maybe as your skill improves, your chance of digging up better objects increases.

Oh yeah, digging makes sense too.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this pack - myself.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It's very likely that there will be some new skill - in Outdoor Retreat it was Herbalism, basically a new way to cook, levelled up through the herbs you could only pick in Granite Falls. A skill you could only level by having that specific pack.

Archeology does sound likely.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this pack - myself.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    That would be a cool career option.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Betting that it will be lumped in with Logic tbh. There aren't that many ways to skill up Logic as is so as a cop-out they would just lump it in with that skill to "compensate".
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Betting that it will be lumped in with Logic tbh. There aren't that many ways to skill up Logic as is so as a cop-out they would just lump it in with that skill to "compensate".

There are actually a lot of ways to build Logic:

Skill books
    Chess
    Telescope
    Microscope

If you're not mod-averse there's a mod at MTS that has BlicBlock on the computer build Logic instead of Video Game skill. And with the Science Lab lot trait Logic builds even faster.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Skill books
    Chess
    Telescope
    Microscope

If you're not mod-averse there's a mod at MTS that has BlicBlock on the computer build Logic instead of Video Game skill. And with the Science Lab lot trait Logic builds even faster.

There's also...

Cards
    Analyser
    A couple of the School Projects
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Skill books
    Chess
    Telescope
    Microscope

There's also...

Cards
    Analyser
    A couple of the School Projects

Forgot about cards -- I was mainly sticking with base game ways to build Logic for those that don't have all the packs (Analyzer is GTW and the school projects are Parenthood) so thanks for the cards reminder. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited February 2018

Skill books
    Chess
    Telescope
    Microscope

Most of those aren't also very Fun. I want Archaeology to be Fun.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png