Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trip Down Memory Lane - Deaths in The sims

Unilad Gaming posted a cool video on Facebook titled "4 Ways We All Killed Our Sims." Here's the link (hopefully)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1980391701984697&id=659974074026473

Comments

• 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Works! Thanks for the heads up! Gotta love the Classic Sims1! Way more challenging than today's Sims4! :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I wonder when they created the tutorial if they new all the torture Bob Newbie would get...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    LOL. Watching that almost makes me want to try loading the original Sims on my laptop. But I doubt it would run very well, if at all
    Now that I think about it wasn't there more ways to kill a sim? Wasn't death by flies and getting sick and dying from a bit from the guinea pig in TS1? I know I killed and tortured Bob Newbie in more ways I can count...LOL

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Ah, poor Bob. I have killed him a few times as well, back in the day. One time that sticks out I remember him burning while lovely, classical music was playing on the stereo. xD
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Wow, Grimmie has evolved over time, no?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @GoddessSims: there was a guinea pig plague, but not sure if it was sims 1 or 2. @GalacticGal: yeah he sure has. Has to keep up with the times lol.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Oh, I didn't really need a tutorial to burn up my Simmies. I played the game all of ten minutes before it happened.

For the next family, I manged to find the fire alarm. But then I put up this cute clown picture.....Sunny lived with them for what seemed like years before I realized fire was the cure. How ironic.

After Sunny left, the family actually lasted for a few play sessions. The daughter even had a boyfriend. But then, due to everyone being so miserable for so long due to our "guest," both kids got sent to military school. Shortly afterward, the mom was cooking dinner, and although her cooking skill was pretty good by then, and the firemen came, she still died. I think she ran into the fire to escape her memories of the children.

My poor dad was all alone, then. I managed to find him a girlfriend even though most of his waking hours were spent toiling as a scientist on the graveyard shift. That turned out to be prophetic. You guessed it--he was electrocuted. I hadn't yet had time to get them married, so game over, lol. I guess it was karma for him selling that first TV he was supposed to repair for Bella Goth, because that's how it happened.
    edited February 2018
    I'll never forget the first time I heard that death music!!! I had my daughter in her playpen a few feet away from me because she was sick and I needed to keep a close eye on her. She was about a year and half at the time. She was breathing really heavy and all of a sudden stopped. I only had enough time to freeze in panic for a second and was just about to get up when I heard the music. I screamed because I thought it was like some omen or something. My scream woke her up, which led to her screaming. It took me a minute to regain my composure to go tend to her. She was fine but I will never forget that moment!!! Yes, I was actually torturing Bob at the time.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    The game was so challenging back then. I actually had to make an effort to keep my sims alive. And I can't say I didn't like the random deaths in 3 either. Because that whole getting hit by a meteor was awesome!! It really helped switch things up a bit when I was playing out my stories. Once it sims 2 I had a teen girl get stuck on the couch. When she got up, she died. Her twin sister and little bother where devestated. Her dad was too. I don't know what happened. I clicked on everything I could but she died anyway. Motives just went down. But hey... it made a good story. Her sister went on to graduate and went to university and her dad remarried and brother did the same.

I have not had a sim die in the sims 4 since last july. And that was because they got old and it was so easy to beg for their lives from the grimm reaper, they ALL got second chances. I had that save on short life. Other than that I have not had any other deaths since the game came out. Noooo. i take that back.. 2 other deaths. one old age and a teen who drowned by accident. But thats it. The only sims who die in my game are townies. who get old.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The classic drowning to death from no pool ladder. I've had sims get bit by a guinea pig and die. Death by flies. I killed a sim by turning them into a toad and then my cat ate the toad. TS2 seeing a ghost could scare you so bad you died. I died of pneumonia once. A lot of vampires died of sunlight because even rooms with windows weren't safe. Either 1 or 2 had a skydiving death. I think it was 2.

In Sims 3, one of my sims got hit by a meteor and another eaten by a shark (still scariest death of all Sims games). I also used the mega phone to mock at death... so the Grim Reaper killed me for that lol. And also death by murphy bed. When University first came out, it was hysterical. ALL of the students were dying left and right. I finished school wondering if I would be the valedictorian simply because I'd be the only sim left standing.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Deandylan wrote: »
    The game was so challenging back then. I actually had to make an effort to keep my sims alive. And I can't say I didn't like the random deaths in 3 either. Because that whole getting hit by a meteor was awesome!! It really helped switch things up a bit when I was playing out my stories. Once it sims 2 I had a teen girl get stuck on the couch. When she got up, she died. Her twin sister and little bother where devestated. Her dad was too. I don't know what happened. I clicked on everything I could but she died anyway. Motives just went down. But hey... it made a good story. Her sister went on to graduate and went to university and her dad remarried and brother did the same.

I have not had a sim die in the sims 4 since last july. And that was because they got old and it was so easy to beg for their lives from the grimm reaper, they ALL got second chances. I had that save on short life. Other than that I have not had any other deaths since the game came out. Noooo. i take that back.. 2 other deaths. one old age and a teen who drowned by accident. But thats it. The only sims who die in my game are townies. who get old.

Oh it was!!! I had a mod called "Magic Fruitcake" I'd create a family with an extra sim, build a 1x1 room to out the extra sim in. All that sim did was stand there and eat the fruitcake because it would maintain the needs of all in the home.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Oh it was!!! I had a mod called "Magic Fruitcake" I'd create a family with an extra sim, build a 1x1 room to out the extra sim in. All that sim did was stand there and eat the fruitcake because it would maintain the needs of all in the home.

Now that's some torture!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Deandylan wrote: »

In TS1, you basically greened up 90% of the time. It was so hard to keep sims happy. I had a mod called The Rejuvenator, which was like a shower they would step into and it would green them totally up.

Do you remember that the light bulbs would burn out? If you had a wall lamp behind a piece of furniture, you would have to move the furniture out of the way in order to replace the bulb lol.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Ah, I remember death by running with scissors very fondly. And in University, I had a sim killed on her first day at college when she shook the candy vending machine a little too hard and it fell on her and squashed her to death. Her roommate died when the murphy bed fell on her. I also had a sim squashed by a random meteor!
    PDWxp40.jpg