Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walking (bouncy style) down the memory lane …

Comments

• Options
    UniteSimsUniteSims Posts: 142 Member
    I decided to do Bella goth, should I create her from scratch or give her a makeover?
    tell me how good it feels to be needed
  • Options
    I decided to do Bella goth, should I create her from scratch or give her a makeover?
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2018
    The rules don’t say have to make any of them in the previous games though...

Challenge 2:
    Take any pre-created character from The Sims franchise and remake them in your current game.
    How about recreating Olive Specter in The Sims 4 or Catarina Lynx in The Sims 2?

Olive Specter is from sims 2 and 3, they suggest creating her in your sims 4 game

Challenge 2:
    Take any pre-created character from The Sims franchise and remake them in your current game.
    How about recreating Olive Specter in The Sims 4 or Catarina Lynx in The Sims 2?

Catarina Lynx is from sims 4 and they suggest creating her in the sims 2.

So basically just take any precreated sims and create them in another pack, if you only have 4 installed like I do, then just google image one for sims 1,2 or 3 and recreate them in your sims 4 game.

You don't have to have all your games installed to participate ;)
  • Options
    ...Bella goth is from all the sims games... (pretty sure) ;)
  • Options
    I am on mac... How do I figure out an image url?
  • Options
    I am on mac... How do I figure out an image url?

You need to upload your screenshot to a third image hosting site like imgur and then you can just click on the img link and post it here :)
  • Options
    ...Bella goth is from all the sims games... (pretty sure) ;)

Yip that she is, so you could create a different one, eg in sims 3 she was a child or in sims 1 she had a longbob straight hairstyle and so on and on LOL
  • Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
  • Options
    When bella goth decides to be hip and cool. And then gets botox because she thinks it's "all the rage" BTW, I did this form scratch!
  • Options
    Did the image show up?
  • Options
    Ok this should work
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    3E3xUqk.png?1
    When bella goth decides to be hip and cool. And then gets botox because she thinks it's "all the rage" BTW, I did this from scratch!
    Edit: Added story and fixed some spelling errors.
  • Options
    DLatriceDLatrice Posts: 71 Member
    I had randomly remade the Valentino family from TS1 not even knowing about this contest. Can I edit my description on the gallery without having to re-share it?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    DLatrice wrote: »
    I had randomly remade the Valentino family from TS1 not even knowing about this contest. Can I edit my description on the gallery without having to re-share it?

Yeah, I think that's okay as long as you don't use CC.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Plumbob cupcakes to the one who can guess who this guy is, he is from the sims 1 games ;)
    Shirt needs to be a little lighter blue, but we don't have that option ;)

ANJ5jtl.png

Would you guys like a hint ? :D
  • Options
    purplesenpaipurplesenpai Posts: 14 New Member
    I was so confused! "how are we supposed to make a cake?!" lol
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I was so confused! "how are we supposed to make a cake?!" lol

I am not sure it was not specified, just said:
    Challenge 1:
    In any The Sims game head to one of the biggest lots and build a humongous birthday cake - in The Sims style (Plumbobs EVERYWHERE)!

I did this ;)

8AiD4fE.png
  • Options
    mamabear1mamabear1 Posts: 25 Member
    This sounds like so much fun. I have not designed many things and am unsure how to use or get the plumbobs to use. I also don't really know where or how to go about redesigning and or finding an original character to the game. If anyone could help with some advice, it would be really appreciated. Thank you and good luck to all.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I love all the cakes! I might not have time to bake anything myself, but just looking at them is great.
  • Options
    mamabear1 wrote: »
    This sounds like so much fun. I have not designed many things and am unsure how to use or get the plumbobs to use. I also don't really know where or how to go about redesigning and or finding an original character to the game. If anyone could help with some advice, it would be really appreciated. Thank you and good luck to all.

To recreate an older game's sim you can google it if you are not familiar with them. Sims 1 came up with this http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Neighborhood_1 They have pics of the sims then you can just recreate it best you can in sims 4 cas.

With the cake plumbobs you see, those are ones you got when you owned all of the sims 3 expansions, a plumbob for each expansion, I am not sure but I think there might be one sims plumbob lamp. will go ingame and check for you :)
  • Options
    I am sorry @mamabear1 but it looks like all of them were awards, I thought that green one was just basegame, but it says award too.
    v6SLW7F.png
  • Options
    CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    edited February 2018
    Vvp0ShP.jpg
    Check out My Showcase Thread for Additional Pics :smile:Here
    Post edited by CJSimmie on
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    You folks blow my mind ... these are all so amazing <3

I'll be announcing todays lucky participant in a few hours, but I wanted to answer a few questions :smiley:

@BabyAxhel You need one more post to become a full member! You can do it :) After that make sure to log out and back in on the forum.

@PuffyPanda17 To post pictures, you would need to become a full member (more info on that here). But if you are playing on The Sims 4, you can just upload your creation to the Gallery and use #TheSims18 in the description. I am grabbing participants from both Gallery and forums :smiley:

@DLatrice As was said, as long as no CC was used go for it :)

Thank you all for these great creations!
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited February 2018
    Wow, I can also just say: I'm totally blown away by all the creativity in this thread. The Sims Community is just the best! <3<3<3