Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they're currently working on The Sims 5?

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    If they are, I hope they are listening to the players this time.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'd like to think they'd never omit a basic life stage in a base game at launch ever again, but knowing EA....
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2018
    I doubt it. All snippets from developer comments over the years seems to indicate that The Sims 4 will have a longer development and support cycle than its predecessors.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I highly doubt it but I will say that from what I observed they've been porting existing packs to console lately
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I think planning has probably already taken place, but they're most likely still in the very early stages of the game. I don't think they'd be very far into development.
  • KingoKingo Posts: 30 Member
    I hope they do.
    Sims 4 felt unfinished when they released it so they should take their time on The Sims 5
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Kingo wrote: »
    I hope they do.
    Sims 4 felt unfinished when they released it so they should take their time on The Sims 5

Exactly.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    Well, i really hope they snatch my wig with a Sims 5 announcement. <3
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited February 2018
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I doubt it. All snippets from developer comments over the years seems to indicate that The Sims 4 will have a longer development and support cycle than its predecessors.

That's so lame. I wish they had done that with a better game like The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, instead. The Sims 3 could have used a lot more polish.

Oh well, at the end of the day, the longer they focus on The Sims 4, the more time I get to have a break from spending money on the franchise. The Sims 4 is perhaps a much needed break from the franchise for me, given how much money it (the franchise) costs. Just can't maintain that forever.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • equiiaddictequiiaddict Posts: 24 Member
    I honestly don't know, but I hope so. I would think that they're at least discussing it.
  • tthraolce17tthraolce17 Posts: 60 Member
    Unlikely
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited February 2018
    I don't think so. It doesn't even feel like sims 4 is half way finished. There's a lot more that can be done with it.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm pretty sure they are. I remember reading somewhere that it takes about 4 years to make a game which would mean that they start making a new sims game or at least planning it about a year after they launch the current game. I believe they have probably been working on it for a while. You don't make games overnight and they usually start announcing/promoting the game about a year and a half before it releases and it's usually in some of the final fazes of completion. They usually have people testing it and getting rid of bug and things like that. Let's say that it is coming in 2020 then it would be halfway through development by now.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For sure!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Doubt it but do I wish they were :/
    giphy_1.gif
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Just saying if they are, a fully optimised open world or semi open world would be fab ;)
    giphy_1.gif
  • FrooskFroosk Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't think they will be. They have just released a new game pack (i think it's like a jungle themed one) and they have shown no signs of stopping working on TS4, maybe in the distant future.
  • LeanneStrong57LeanneStrong57 Posts: 66 Member
    If they do come out with the sims 5, I would like to see traits like "determined," "strong-willed,"
  • americniteamericnite Posts: 107 Member
    I don't know, but I saw a video by JamesTurnerYT where he made up the release of SIMS 5. Very exciting for a moment...then not!
  • WolfeeWolfee Posts: 7 New Member
    I honestly think that they might be throwing ideas around the table about the Fifth Installment, but mostly focusing on creating more content for The Sims 4 that we've been waiting long and hard for. But if they do make a fifth one, I feel the best way to make it is to make some kind of 20th Anniversary version or something where it includes our favorite features from all 4 games, while also including some new features as well. I would be happy with this the most. This would probably mean that it would have to be released around 2020, even though it might take longer. We just need to be patient :3

But I think the better question is: What do you think we will get for the 20th Anniversary of The Sims? We might get a giant update for The Sims 4 with amazing features, or we'll get an "Anniversary Edition" for the Sims 5, like I mentioned. I just hope that we will get something amazing.
    Wolfee wrote: »
    I honestly think that they might be throwing ideas around the table about the Fifth Installment, but mostly focusing on creating more content for The Sims 4 that we've been waiting long and hard for. But if they do make a fifth one, I feel the best way to make it is to make some kind of 20th Anniversary version or something where it includes our favorite features from all 4 games, while also including some new features as well. I would be happy with this the most. This would probably mean that it would have to be released around 2020, even though it might take longer. We just need to be patient :3

But I think the better question is: What do you think we will get for the 20th Anniversary of The Sims? We might get a giant update for The Sims 4 with amazing features, or we'll get an "Anniversary Edition" for the Sims 5, like I mentioned. I just hope that we will get something amazing.

Nah, sis. Every little hope we had for SIMS 5 has died. Sims 4 itself is dead already. Have you seen what's been going on with MAXIS lately? MAXIS/ SIMS are starting to stink like a rotting corpse. Sad but true...
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"

R.I.P The Sims.
    > @"Lady Sugar" said:
    >
    > Nah, sis. Every little hope we had for SIMS 5 has died. Sims 4 itself is dead already. Have you seen what's been going on with MAXIS lately? MAXIS/ SIMS are starting to stink like a rotting corpse. Sad but true...

It is sad... but I still have hope and patience for the next *possible* Sims game. Same with GTA 6. The patience is ridiculous...
    Wolfee wrote: »
    > @Lady Sugar said:
    >
    > Nah, sis. Every little hope we had for SIMS 5 has died. Sims 4 itself is dead already. Have you seen what's been going on with MAXIS lately? MAXIS/ SIMS are starting to stink like a rotting corpse. Sad but true...

It is sad... but I still have hope and patience for the next *possible* Sims game. Same with GTA 6. The patience is ridiculous...

Oh, we will definitely have GTA 6, there is no doubt. The only thing is that we will have to wait longer than we usually do.

R.I.P The Sims.
    > @"Lady Sugar" said:
    > Oh, we will definitely have GTA 6, there is no doubt. The only thing is that we will have to wait longer than we usually do.

That's true. But I watched a YT video and realized that the reason why The Sims 4 doesn't always live up to how it could be is because of EA not handling games right. Have you noticed since The Sims partnered with EA, things started going bad here and there. Now I don't mean to throw shade at anyone/anything, but I feel that's true.
  • EmmySimsEmmySims Posts: 65 Member
    > @"Lady Sugar" said:
    > Wolfee wrote: »
    >
    > I honestly think that they might be throwing ideas around the table about the Fifth Installment, but mostly focusing on creating more content for The Sims 4 that we've been waiting long and hard for. But if they do make a fifth one, I feel the best way to make it is to make some kind of 20th Anniversary version or something where it includes our favorite features from all 4 games, while also including some new features as well. I would be happy with this the most. This would probably mean that it would have to be released around 2020, even though it might take longer. We just need to be patient :3
    >
    > But I think the better question is: What do you think we will get for the 20th Anniversary of The Sims? We might get a giant update for The Sims 4 with amazing features, or we'll get an "Anniversary Edition" for the Sims 5, like I mentioned. I just hope that we will get something amazing.
    >
    >
    >
    >

I am even thinking to going to sims 3 and forgetting sims 4 ever existed....