Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck for cakes in cake shop

Ok so I have started my own off the land challenge but I have now gotten stuck!
I want my sims to still be able to have a birthday cake for their birthdays but as my family is not allowed to use the stove I thought I would build a cake shop so they could go buy a cake but when I go to showhiddenobjects and find the cakes I want, it is just a plate that I can't delete.
So is that normal or do I need a sim to go make all the cakes and place them in the display cases? If so that is a little annoying hehe.
I have looked at the rest of the forum and couldn't find the answer but if someone knows about it then please point me in the right direction.
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    From what I have seen - Sims have to cook all the foods in their bakery. Look at the Sims 4 guide at Carl's guides for a bakery and it explains it.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/gettowork/retail/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    From what I have seen - Sims have to cook all the foods in their bakery. Look at the Sims 4 guide at Carl's guides for a bakery and it explains it.

Oh, that's a shame I sort of hoped I could have cheated them in haha oh well old fashion way it is!
    Thank you!
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    If you have Dine Out, you can have a cake brought out to your table.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    I know - I sort of liked previous ways of having bakeries so we could have a choice of baking or just adding some in - but it seems all foods in Sims 4 has to be cooked/baked by someone. I wonder if hiring a cater could work - but never tried. Also would the rules of your challenge allow you to take the person with the birthday to a restaurant as I believe you can have a birthday at a restaurant and they supply the cake.

I am not positive though as I do always have a sim bake their families birthday cakes. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If you have Dine Out they can go to a restaurant and have a cake delivered to the table. It doesn’t have to be a fancy restaurant and they don’t need to eat a meal there though they do have to pay for the cake.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    I believe you can download a bakery fully stocked. Place it in the world and buy a cake from there. Obviously, the builder would have had to put cakes in there originally.