Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you want more stair options?

2...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Hell yes i want more stair variations
    We still need spiral stairs.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want carpeted stairs. I'm tired of putting wooden stairs in my high end builds.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Not rly i''m happy with straight ones
    Unpopular opinion, but no.

Look, I get it, I was a Sims 1 baby. Spiral Stairs have been in every core Sims game so far.
    But how many houses actually have spiral stairs? Not many.

The configurable stairs we have can, with a little finagling, achieve a pretty similar result. That's enough for me.
    wJbomAo.png
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    I’d love to see more stair options. I would like to see U, L and spiral but mostly the L.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’d love to see more stair options. I would like to see U, L and spiral but mostly the L.

We can make an L staircase. I've got two in my current house. You just grab the bar at the bottom of the staircase and drag it right or left. Then adjust the landing up or down to determine how wide of an L you want.

What I'd like to see is the option to add a landing halfway up, without it being an L or curve, just straight down. And Spiral of course. Ladders were a nice addition to Sims 3 (great for attics) and I'd like to see them again.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love it to be possible now that we can make t stairs to be able to apply handrails to one side at a time so that when you put 2 stair cases together to make a t landing you don’t have to have a rail run up the center.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Ladders and (player buildable) Elevators would be nice. But after the stairs patch it's more of a secondary thing.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I wish we could have stairs in the same level. Actually split levels. Where we can raise a foundation in any floor and add a stairs to it and then on that foundation another stairs to the floor up from that one.
    I would love it to be possible now that we can make t stairs to be able to apply handrails to one side at a time so that when you put 2 stair cases together to make a t landing you don’t have to have a rail run up the center.

Yes! The rail on both sides is annoying when you have a wall or it runs into a fence.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited October 2019
    I only want spiral stairs.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Look, I get it, I was a Sims 1 baby. Spiral Stairs have been in every core Sims game so far.

Not a valid excuse.
    People want spiral staircases, and this is a game in which we like to create and build what we want, and sometimes our vision includes spiral staircases!
    How common they really are in real life does not matter at all.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

Not a valid excuse.
    People want spiral staircases, and this is a game in which we like to create and build what we want, and sometimes our vision includes spiral staircases!
    How common they really are in real life does not matter at all.

For me it's about space. Spiral stairs take up quite a bit less room. That's why they were added as a feature when apartments were first added. IRL I've seen staircases in pretty small spaces that can't be re-created with stairs in the game, but can be approximated with a spiral staircase.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I need L shaped stairs so badly, it'd be a great space saver and be fantastic for more realistic builds. Spiral stairs would be nice to have again and so would ladders.
    6Y6GB8R.png
    edited October 2019
    I need L shaped stairs so badly, it'd be a great space saver and be fantastic for more realistic builds. Spiral stairs would be nice to have again and so would ladders.

@jheyjuneice You are the second person to say L shaped stairs. We HAVE that. After you put in a stair case, grab the bar at the bottom and drag in left or right depending on which way you want you L to go. Then you can push the landing in the middle up or down to adjust the width of the L.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

@jheyjuneice You are the second person to say L shaped stairs. We HAVE that. After you put in a stair case, grab the bar at the bottom and drag in left or right depending on which way you want you L to go. Then you can push the landing in the middle up or down to adjust the width of the L.

Sorry for my late response, I didn't see this. I just went to test this in my game and I couldn't do it. There is nothing at the bottom to grab and move. In which game version was this added?
    6Y6GB8R.png
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Sorry for my late response, I didn't see this. I just went to test this in my game and I couldn't do it. There is nothing at the bottom to grab and move. In which game version was this added?

I'm not sure, but it was added as part of an update back in September.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    I am very happy with the new stairs. Esp wit the fact that even broader stairs (2 or 3 tiles width) can be bent. Thank you, dear Developers. ... But for attics etc. could we still get spiral staircases?
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I definitely want spiral stairs and I would also like to be able to carpet the stairs with the carpet on the floors too so they match..
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    We need:
    - Spiral Stairs
    - Ladders
    - Part-Spiral Stairs (So a quarter spiral then normal stairs for the rest)
    - Elevators/Lifts
    - Diagonal Stairs
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes to more stairs, especially spiral and ladders. I really need to experiment more with the new stair tool though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.