Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trailer Parks ?

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I am wondering if the Team could possibly do a Mobile Home park for our Sim's to live in, with 1 ,2, or even 3 bedrooms? I am not saying they have to be exactly like the ones from The Sims 2 game, but ones where our Sims can play in the yards and have BBQ Parties and such, or have a pond in the middle of them for our Sims to go fishing or feed the ducks and such, almost like a camp ground , that would be a awesome place for some of My lower cost Sims could live, there is a lot you could put in there for the Sims to do, it is a thought, :)

Does anyone else think a Mobile home park is a good idea? share your thoughts on this topic , thanks.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2018
    I am wondering if the Team could possibly do a Mobile Home park for our Sim's to live in, with 1 ,2, or even 3 bedrooms? I am not saying they have to be exactly like the ones from The Sims 2 game, but ones where our Sims can play in the yards and have BBQ Parties and such, or have a pond in the middle of them for our Sims to go fishing or feed the ducks and such, almost like a camp ground , that would be a awesome place for some of My lower cost Sims could live, there is a lot you could put in there for the Sims to do, it is a thought, :)

Does anyone else think a Mobile home park is a good idea? share your thoughts on this topic , thanks.

I created a mobile home park on the lot that Johnny Zest lives on in OS. I added a bedroom to the other end and moved his "grandmother" in as the owner with a friend of his who is also trying to make it big in show biz. I added a small trailer for that wrestler guy who only wears a mask, he's Johnny's uncle and Nancy's brother. I added a third trailer with another couple. They share the common area that has a hot tub, grill and tiki bar.

Technically, they are one household so doors may need to be locked, but it works well enough.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I created a mobile home park on the lot that Johnny Zest lives on in OS. I added a bedroom to the other end and moved his "grandmother" in as the owner with a friend of his who is also trying to make it big in show biz. I added a small trailer for that wrestler guy who only wears a mask, he's Johnny's uncle and Nancy's brother. I added a third trailer with another couple. They share the common area that has a hot tub, grill and tiki bar.

Technically, they are one household so doors may need to be locked, but it works well enough.

Awesome Idea, but I am horrible with building houses, I basically create Sim Characters, so I am hoping that those get added into the game , just like before, :)
    With the copy feature, you can copy Johnny Zest's trailer a few times and just change the wall and floor colors.
    With the copy feature, you can copy Johnny Zest's trailer a few times and just change the wall and floor colors.

Hmm good idea, I just might do that, but if it is the one I am thinking of it is already occupied with My Wolfman, but thanks for the advice just the same, :)
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Actually this reminds me of something, I think it was a dream? But I'm also not certain. It may have been something I actually saw.

But it was like some kind of either a EP, SP or GP for the sims where you could live in a mobile home that would actually travel from place to place.

Can someone please tell me if this was some kind of fever dream? (because if it was then someone needs to use it for a pack because it looked super cool)
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
    Actually this reminds me of something, I think it was a dream? But I'm also not certain. It may have been something I actually saw.

But it was like some kind of either a EP, SP or GP for the sims where you could live in a mobile home that would actually travel from place to place.

Can someone please tell me if this was some kind of fever dream? (because if it was then someone needs to use it for a pack because it looked super cool)

We've never had that, but I have suggested a RV traveling pack where your sims pile into an RV and visit weird tourist spots like the giant ball of twine and the an alligator farm.
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I would LOVE a lower class neighborhood! It would offer some great storylines to play out.
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I would LOVE a lower class neighborhood! It would offer some great storylines to play out.

Mobile Home parks are Lower Class? , I beg to differ, I own and live in a Mobile home , I have My own yard with all kinds of trees and plants, and such, My Pups can run around in the yard, cause My Trailer is not stuffed next to another, everyone here has there own yard, they may be affordable , but certainly not Lower Class, all kinds of good people live in them as well, so can not really say that all who live in them are bad or lower class people, just to let you be aware, have a great day or evening, :)
  • pppiano99pppiano99 Posts: 3 New Member
    This would be so great!!

Mobile Home parks are Lower Class? , I beg to differ, I own and live in a Mobile home , I have My own yard with all kinds of trees and plants, and such, My Pups can run around in the yard, cause My Trailer is not stuffed next to another, everyone here has there own yard, they may be affordable , but certainly not Lower Class, all kinds of good people live in them as well, so can not really say that all who live in them are bad or lower class people, just to let you be aware, have a great day or evening, :)

Yes, I agree. To make the assumption that a trailer park equals lower class is rude and ignorant. If you want a "lower class vibe" you can create that in any neighborhood of any economic level. Place junk in the front yard, a fridge on the front porch, trash laying around that will grow into a trash plant, etc. Any lot in any neighborhood can be a low class lot.

Yes, I agree. To make the assumption that a trailer park equals lower class is rude and ignorant. If you want a "lower class vibe" you can create that in any neighborhood of any economic level. Place junk in the front yard, a fridge on the front porch, trash laying around that will grow into a trash plant, etc. Any lot in any neighborhood can be a low class lot.

So true, :)
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I'd like to see a neighborhood with more apartments & a trailer park in a non-urban setting, though I'd love to see a 2nd city setting also.
  • nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member

They can make another world with this possibly...but I love this idea.

They can make another world with this possibly...but I love this idea.

Thank you, :)
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Nice, having a trailer park would be a welcome relief.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I suggested a pack like that a while back
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932071/on-the-road-vacation-pack#latest
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Could have gone stop further with the mechanics they used for TS3 house boats.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    BMSO wrote: »
    Nice, having a trailer park would be a welcome relief.

I think so as well, :)
    Movotti wrote: »

I suggested a pack like that a while back
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/932071/on-the-road-vacation-pack#latest

I also asked for mobile homes awhile back, but redid it again, :)
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    They can actually do this quite easily with the City Living apartment system, so hopefully it happens one day :)
    edited March 2018
    Brindleton wrote: »
    They can actually do this quite easily with the City Living apartment system, so hopefully it happens one day :)

I hope so, it would be nice if they put a swing set & a seesaw in the middle of them like a Tiny Park for the Sim kids to play when they get home from school and such, just like in real life, :) , also sims 2 had those in the mobile home park as well, it is awesome for My sim kids to use when the parents are busy with other things.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    how does city living aid with a trailer park?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    how does city living aid with a trailer park?

It means that the coding is in place, using the apartment system, to make a working trailer park.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    They could set it on a giant roundabout!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    They could set it on a giant roundabout!

that is a great idea, why did I not think of that, you beat Me to it, Awesome Sauce ! , :)