Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About 3 and a half years into Sims 4, how would you rate it?

Comments

• Options
    LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Love the game detail is so much better that said the teasing sucks releasing vampires no other occults we got a GP with 4 occults in Sims 3 (if u include zombies) and release a EP then a game pack for a previous GP I want more occults next big pack the future miss the clothes hover boards the ball halo-computer so much more to list not enough time lol
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

This is how I feel as well. Seasons is the only thing I have hopes for but then again not really if that makes sense. They've just really put their foot in their mouth with what's been going on. Especially with the sims themselves. Ive been playing 2 a lot lately and it amazes me that a game that was made so long ago shows more personality to the sims themselves in a game made so recently. It baffles me everytime.

It makes perfect sense, actually. A Pets expansion should have been a no-brainer. Yet, somehow, they managed to make it so much less than it has ever been. Add insult to injury, they plan to sell the rest of it piecemeal.

It's been gratifying to see the blow back from their initial salvo. Although, sadly, the response hasn't been enough to forestall future packs of the like. At least, I don't believe that it's been enough. Because people are still continuing to buy.

That's why I have hope that Seasons could be fantastic -- though, not much hope. EA is taking a bet that there nickle and diming scheme will still maintain enough buyers to make it worth the risk. From what I'm seeing, they may be winning that bet.

Good for the people who enjoy paying more and waiting longer for the privilege to do so. Bad for those of us who not only remember but also cherish how the series used to be.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

This is how I feel as well. Seasons is the only thing I have hopes for but then again not really if that makes sense. They've just really put their foot in their mouth with what's been going on. Especially with the sims themselves. Ive been playing 2 a lot lately and it amazes me that a game that was made so long ago shows more personality to the sims themselves in a game made so recently. It baffles me everytime.

It makes perfect sense, actually. A Pets expansion should have been a no-brainer. Yet, somehow, they managed to make it so much less than it has ever been. Add insult to injury, they plan to sell the rest of it piecemeal.

It's been gratifying to see the blow back from their initial salvo. Although, sadly, the response hasn't been enough to forestall future packs of the like. At least, I don't believe that it's been enough. Because people are still continuing to buy.

That's why I have hope that Seasons could be fantastic -- though, not much hope. EA is taking a bet that there nickle and diming scheme will still maintain enough buyers to make it worth the risk. From what I'm seeing, they may be winning that bet.

Good for the people who enjoy paying more and waiting longer for the privilege to do so. Bad for those of us who not only remember but also cherish how the series used to be.

You have a great point and I agree!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Seasons is the last big thing that I'm waiting on in order to determine whether or not TS4 is worthy of any additional investment. If they manage to screw that up, oh well. As they say: it's been real and it's been nice. But it ain't been real nice.

Oh dear... You're waiting for seasons?

I'm afraid, that you're going to be disappointed... Due to the way they've done this game, if they do seasons at all, it will be exclusively in specific worlds, either a seasonal world, where the seasons change between the usual four, or more likely seasonal worlds, a winter world, a spring world, ETC.

And they will not be big worlds.
    raw
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    Seasons is the last big thing that I'm waiting on in order to determine whether or not TS4 is worthy of any additional investment. If they manage to screw that up, oh well. As they say: it's been real and it's been nice. But it ain't been real nice.

I'm afraid, that you're going to be disappointed... Due to the way they've done this game, if they do seasons at all, it will be exclusively in specific worlds, either a seasonal world, where the seasons change between the usual four, or more likely seasonal worlds, a winter world, a spring world, ETC.

Even if they don't do seasonal worlds, you can bet they will sell each season in a separate pack, and potentially each season will have a follow up stuff pack with seasonal items. For example, we'd get the Sims 4 Summer, but summer clothes, summer activities and summer themed objects will come in a stuff pack. They were perfectly happy to do this with pets (DLC for DLC), so I'm sure they'll do it with seasons.
  • Options

Good point. This is why I said I have hopes but then again I don't because in all truth I feel like they would find a way to mess it up. I wouldn't be surprised if they advertise it like cats and dogs.

"We did ____ because we wanted to focus more on _____."

When. In reality they would most likely take 10 steps back. (-_____-)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    RnM92 wrote: »

Even if they don't do seasonal worlds, you can bet they will sell each season in a separate pack, and potentially each season will have a follow up stuff pack with seasonal items. For example, we'd get the Sims 4 Summer, but summer clothes, summer activities and summer themed objects will come in a stuff pack. They were perfectly happy to do this with pets (DLC for DLC), so I'm sure they'll do it with seasons.

As much "summer themed" stuff we got already that would be a slap to the face. But the again so what doing what they just did with this stuff pack so I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    an 8, because it fulfils everything I expect from a Sims game.
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I gave it a 6 out of 10, because I've had to add a lot of Mods just to make the game playable and interesting, because it still lacks a lot of content.
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I just wonder why simmers just want rain, snow and different seasons added to this game and why they just want an university EP and more SPs?

I played University in TS2. But it was far from my favorite EP because I actually found it both boring and tedious to play. Maybe it was because I have been a university student myself and also lived in a dorm though because I hardly found any similarities between this and the way it worked in the EP. So I didn’t buy University for TS3 too and I am most inclined to think that the University EPs mostly are for simmers who only dream about being university students without knowing anything about how students really live.

For me the problems with TS4 were the waiting times caused by the basegame’s design and the way my sims waisted time doing other things too instead of just what I told them to do. It took hours in the bathroom and it took hours for them just to eat. Beside that they had to wait for days in another neighborhood just to make a collectible mature enough to be picked up. When I then finally was told that I had to wait a week or two before my sim again would have a chance to get promoted at work this became the final straw that made me decide to just stop playing instead of waisting even more time on this game.

The lack of memory and consequences for the sims in this game were just other things I didn’t like at all either.

So no. I don’t see how a little rain and even more SPs can “repair” this game because I needed another and very different basegame instead. (SPs aren’t even something that I usually care about at all.)

The game has become huge and with a lot of content. But for me it still is only about 4 out of 10 because it isn’t really worth playing. I am considering to try out Jungle Adventure though. But not any of the other packs which I still don’t have.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I originally gave it a 4, but if I could I would give it a 5, simply because with the added EPs, SPs, and GPs (and awesome mods !) I'm really starting to enjoy the game. Will I love it like Sims 2 or Sims 3? No. But I'm at the point where I can sit and play off and on for two hours.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I feel like the game has still not evolved.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Still boring.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I feel like the game has still not evolved.

I think the main problem with the sims 4 gameplay is shallow just simple shallow.Meaning there isn't much depth in the game play. Its just meant to look good, and not play good.
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    I've only ever played the Sims 4 so I can't compare it to any other versions of the Sims, however I've played other console games and the thing that surprised me the most about the Sims 4 is all the bugs and issues. I was so confused by the fact that they are able to just sell a product that is broken, do nothing to fix the issues and no one cares. How have they never been investigated by the BBB or something? That they feel no since of obligation to fix all the things that are wrong - only to sell more game packs/stuff packs is really disappointing.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2018

Dunno, really. From what I've read here, the devs have said that they won't be selling the seasons in separate worlds/packs. For now, I'm inclined to believe them. Because purposely misleading their customer base won't do them any favors.

Still, that one thing won't automatically make Seasons great. The features that made Seasons great were: designated outerwear, holidays, and a whole bunch of seasonal activities, including beach activities. In particular, swimming in natural bodies of water. To me, it's not summer if you can't head to the beach or to the lake and actually swim in the water.

Since TS4 worlds are so specialized and they are the same for everyone, I would really love to see places in the world where Sims can jump or use a tire swing to dive into the water. Like this:

Or like this:

JA has proven that EA is capable of making trees that are tall enough, cliffs as well. It could be something that brave Sims could dare timid Sims to do (if only we had those traits). It would be something cool to do in pairs or in groups, too. At the very least, it would be something fun and different.

We'll just have to see, I guess. ::shrug::

SomeChick1 wrote: »
    I've only ever played the Sims 4 so I can't compare it to any other versions of the Sims, however I've played other console games and the thing that surprised me the most about the Sims 4 is all the bugs and issues. I was so confused by the fact that they are able to just sell a product that is broken, do nothing to fix the issues and no one cares. How have they never been investigated by the BBB or something? That they feel no since of obligation to fix all the things that are wrong - only to sell more game packs/stuff packs is really disappointing.

@SomeChick1, I envy you a bit. I've never played on a console. However, it seems that console players are still able to enjoy the way that PC gaming used to be.

Now that so many people have broad band internet service, PC game publishers seem to be fine with releasing unfinished or buggy games. They no longer have to send out bug fixes on disc to every single consumer. So, I imagine that bugs aren't nearly as costly to them now.

In fact, the PC community has been pretty much trained to believe that bugs are perfectly normal.

It's true that some things can't be avoided. Because PCs have very diverse hardware combinations. Yet, there seems to be universal bugs that slip through. Bugs which take forever (or never) to fix.

TS3 is my favorite Sims game. Yet, EA moved on to TS4 and left the community to deal with the remaining bugs for TS3. I don't expect TS4 to be any different, unfortunately. :/
    Post edited by Cynna on
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    MusicalTheatreGEEKMusicalTheatreGEEK Posts: 6 New Member
    4 out of 10

i've been playing The Sims since the original came out and if it weren't for custom content i wouldn't play at all. I wish they would stop focusing on the quick release of subpar content. I would rather wait a longer amount of time to get an expansion pack full of new great content than these game/stuff packs. Right now it just seems like EA is trying to milk us for our money.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    4 out of 10

i've been playing The Sims since the original came out and if it weren't for custom content i wouldn't play at all. I wish they would stop focusing on the quick release of subpar content. I would rather wait a longer amount of time to get an expansion pack full of new great content than these game/stuff packs. Right now it just seems like EA is trying to milk us for our money.

I don't think you will be getting months without gamepacks and stuff packs. I mean if The Sims Team didn't provide new content for three months straight I can perfectly see people going, "The Sims 4 is ending, they are abandoning the game!! They didn't finish all the content!!Shame on you EA!!". Not to mention the heat is going to be increased as the games approach its fourth year, the time when the next game mostly is announced.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello all,

I have removed a number of posts from this discussion as they were completely Off Topic.

Please try to keep on topic going forward.

Thanks,
    -Mage
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    I've only had one exception - way back on January 18th with a logic skill book. Haven't had a single exception with C & D or Jungle Adventure. I do play a totally vanilla game and don't use moo or cheats at all - no mods, no CC and play for extended periods of time. I own and use all packs. So can't figure out why so many of you have exceptions and errors/lag, or problems and I don't. But the fact is I don"t.

I do not have any sims living in apts - I just use CL for the festivals and for visiting Sim Friends and venues. Not sure if that matters or not. Maybe that is why I have no issues - but I am not fond of apts in Sims 4 that I cannot build any myself - so I don't have sims live there. It's one reason why I give the game a 7 out of 10.

I also play full screen - connected to Origin all the time, and share my game with Origin - with no issues at all. Strange - but true.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited March 2018
    This sims game iteration is taking too long for the content to come out, and some of it was buggy for me.

I do still love the toddlers and vampires, though! :blush:

I put down 6/10. At this point, the past Sims games all had a lot more content, and that content worked well for the most part (mostly worked well in Sims 1 and Sims 2 anyway). Sims 3 had some ambitious content as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, let's see:
    • I like the graphics, especially the sims themselves and the animations. They are much smoother than in TS3 in my opinion, so that is a positive aspect.
    • The build mode is superior in my eyes, the only thing that I miss are terrain tools, L-shaped stairs and round walls (c'mon gimme round walls!)
    • Create a Sim is so good compared to TS3. No lagging, no endless loading of all the hairstyles and clothes if you have all add-ons.
    • But even though the aesthetics are good, there often isn't much to do for my sims, especially when I did everything I could do, I'm then left bored and confused as if this was everything already. I usually wait for more content then, but even this content doesn't have much replay value because you're dictated as how you're going to play a pack, while in older games you were just given tools to tell your own story.
    • The way of how add-ons are handled is utter bs. Eps that don't add anything fleshed out to the game, GPs that promise more fleshed out content, but miss so many opportunities (why no prom in Parenthood? Why no option to be a chef in Dine Out?) One EP and another GP together don't even come close to the content TS3 EPs offered. Unnecessary stuff packs that could have been part of an EP (see Laundry could have been in City Living, as well as Bowling, Hamsters obviously in a PETS, not Cats and Dogs EP). And the worst: DLC for DLC, as My First Pet Stuff has shown. And because enough people buy it, they will continue to do that.
    • Bugs and Glitches are a serious problem in this game. Get to Work is still broken for many simmers, and I still can't send my sims for a jog on the spice market in San Myshuno, because they always reset when I try to. Maxis plz!

I give the game a 6/10, because I still, even though it has its negative points, have fun to play it on occasion and I can still tell stories with it, and that's everything I really ask for, considering the fact that I can just go and play TS3 for more content and less story telling. I thought about giving it only a 5, but I think a 5 would be a game that has less positve things than I've listed.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    itsdee123itsdee123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I just started playing and I like it so far. Maybe 8/10
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I've only had one exception - way back on January 18th with a logic skill book. Haven't had a single exception with C & D or Jungle Adventure. I do play a totally vanilla game and don't use moo or cheats at all - no mods, no CC and play for extended periods of time. I own and use all packs. So can't figure out why so many of you have exceptions and errors/lag, or problems and I don't. But the fact is I don"t.

I do not have any sims living in apts - I just use CL for the festivals and for visiting Sim Friends and venues. Not sure if that matters or not. Maybe that is why I have no issues - but I am not fond of apts in Sims 4 that I cannot build any myself - so I don't have sims live there. It's one reason why I give the game a 7 out of 10.

I also play full screen - connected to Origin all the time, and share my game with Origin - with no issues at all. Strange - but true.

You are absolutely lucky. All of the input I've seen on EA answers site you would think pretty much everyone is having issues. I used to play with a 100% vanilla game. Exact same way you play and at the time I was up to date with all packs but I still had issues. I recently upgraded my graphics card as well and still had bugs and glitches. So you are so lucky I really wish I could get the same you get out of the game but I don't. When I play 2 and 3 I don't really have too many issues, especially 2. 3, of course, there are some routing issues but I've never really had issues with it. But I also don't have all the packs so idk if that's why. But with 4... it's like Novembers patch solved all my issues for once but the patch after that brought issues back... But I also know the November patch brought a lot of issues to other simmers so idk I guess it depends. And I was playing a vanilla game then.
  • Options
    jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    I gave it a 7. I'll be honest, I have played the Sims since the very beginning. I'm one of those fans that sees a new pack come out, I'm like "Shut up and take my money!" So, I guess that makes my opinion a little biased, but I am trying to look at this in a logical and practical way...

There are things it has improved on to me, and there are things it didn't do any better than previous versions.

Things Sims 4 does not have that affected my score:
    Seasons
    Nectar Making
    Robots (In some fashion)
    Houseboats
    Editing work attire

Here's some things that Sims 4 has that affected my score:
    Going to work with the professions
    Editing capabilities for Sims and pets
    Custom content is more stable (for me)
    Gallery and community
    Using this forum

As I have said, I'm a longtime fan of the Sims. I bought every expansion, game pack and stuff pack as they came out. I will be there when Sims 5 comes out! It could only get better right?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top