Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About 3 and a half years into Sims 4, how would you rate it?

Comments

• Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    TS4 is the Sims game that finally broke me out of being a collector, I wasn't overly keen on TS3, but TS4 makes it look like a masterpiece... I play The Sims oddly enough for The Sims and somehow TS4's sims are even more lifeless and robotic than TS3's were, this, coupled with the task-swap system means I really don't want to play TS4.
    raw
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    10/10 the sims4 is a great game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    7/10. It's 'good' in it's current state, but nothing spectacular.
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    1 out of 10
    :'(
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    850 points / 150 votes = 5.66 out of 10

A teacher would say : "Passable but requires more effort."

1130 points / 200 votes = 5.65 out of 10

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member

in my school 5.66 is far away from passable, you would need at least a 7 :#
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Oh it’s passable, my son proved it last year. That was one tense year though, with a lot of counting on his part and complete surprise in the end when he heard he actually had passed :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Oh it’s passable, my son proved it last year. That was one tense year though, with a lot of counting on his part and complete surprise in the end when he heard he actually had passed :p
    If you search for “gpa 10 point scale calculation” in Google it says that 0-4.99 means that you fail while 5-5.99 means that you are below average and need improvement. So I think that this describes the result of this voting quite well :)
    Erpe wrote: »

If you search for “gpa 10 point scale calculation” in Google it says that 0-4.99 means that you fail while 5-5.99 means that you are below average and need improvement. So I think that this describes the result of this voting quite well :)
    Yup, that describes him perfectly. And the game afaic so far ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    When I was in college, the passing mark was 60% (50% for math and 70% for humanities classes, go figure). So a 56% average would be failing.

I can certainly agree that the game still does need improvement. Last night I just realized that the clocks in my game don't reflect the in-game time at all. I know it's a tiny detail, but it's a symptom of how the base game was originally rushed. Even Sims 2 and 3 had it, and they're 5-10 years older. The game is in far better shape now than in 2014, but it still has a long way to go.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    1 out of 10. Still haven't bought it. Might one day if the base game plus all the tiny add-ons are included and cost no more than $20 total. I have played it at a friend's house. The art style is a hideous combination of playdough faces and sparkly Disney princess oversaturated colors, and the loading screens and tiny worlds are ridiculous. Players are being nickle-and-dimed for every scrap of content. TS5 can't come soon enough, and if TS4 killed the series then I'm happy to stay with TS3.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    5 out of 10.

I love the graphics, some facial expressions but I've been a simmer since The Sims came out 18 years ago. For me, chaos is missing in this game my families only live in a fantasy world where everything is flowers and rainbows, the thing I loved the most of The Sims franchise is the unexpected things that make you smile and say 🐸🐸🐸🐸 happened here! I miss burglars, buying food in order to be able to cook. I don't know, in my game I've been adopted twice (I have the game since release date), my sims almost never die for emotions even when I'm trying so hard to kill them >.<, in previous sims games everything was more chaotic.

I don't miss the open world in sims 3 but I'd like to have some story progression without mods (sims getting marry, having babies, getting a job), for me it's difficult to don't enjoy this game like previous version, but my sims feel the same in every save.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited February 2018
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    1 out of 10. Still haven't bought it. Might one day if the base game plus all the tiny add-ons are included and cost no more than $20 total. I have played it at a friend's house. The art style is a hideous combination of playdough faces and sparkly Disney princess oversaturated colors, and the loading screens and tiny worlds are ridiculous. Players are being nickle-and-dimed for every scrap of content. TS5 can't come soon enough, and if TS4 killed the series then I'm happy to stay with TS3.

I'm totally right with the fact that TS4 is still empty in certain aspects of the game, but I can't deny that graphics in TS4 are really really better than TS3. In TS3 Sims were hideous.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited February 2018

I'm totally right with the fact that TS4 is still empty in certain aspects of the game, but I can't deny that graphics in TS4 are really really better than TS3. In TS3 Sims were hideous.
    Sims and graphics are two entirely different things. TS3 graphics are 2009, TS4 graphics are 2014. As for sims, that’s personal preference and skills of the player (and taking an effort).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Sims and graphics are two entirely different things. TS3 graphics are 2009, TS4 graphics are 2014. As for sims, that’s personal preference and skills of the player (and taking an effort).

Yes I'm wrong between graphics & Sims. But in TS3 they were awfull.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • chrissy123456789chrissy123456789 Posts: 11 New Member
    I gave it a 5/10 simply because I've been playing the sims for over a decade, and have all four of the games and this one to me is a bit underwhelming, especially since it's the fourth version of the game and I feel like the game play in previous versions of the game is equal if not better than the game play in TS4. Yes there are patches and game updates that give us things that we should've gotten 4 years ago, but that doesn't cover up the fact that we waited 3 years for toddlers, and are still waiting for other items, careers, and general game play interactions that we should've gotten in the base game. All I can say is that if EA and Maxis plan on releasing the sims 5 in the future, they better have the base game completed before they release it with no pools, toddlers, and items with little to no swatches. At this point within the sims franchise we expect those things to be included when the game is released, not that we should have to wait years or months before we get them.
  • witchittywitchitty Posts: 36 Member
    I voted it 7/10 like most people. Mainly because the game itself is good in graphics and gameplay etc and all its form but just like most things it has its downfalls. For me these are the slow release of packs and their content (more is always better) and the fact that I wish there were more expansion packs in particular along with greater world editing ability ie; more creation, editability etc
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I gave it a six because of how long it has taken to be playable, and the fact that at this point it still needs more features and corrections. This game has evolved into something I can finally spend longer than an hour on though so that's a plus, which is why I rated it just above average. The Sims 2 i've played the plum out of and the sims 3, while also a great game, isn't as encouraging to play when the initial load up time changes my mind about firing it up.

When I think about which version I want to load up and play, these days it's usually the sims 4.

Yes I'm wrong between graphics & Sims. But in TS3 they were awfull.
    I love them ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I gave a 6/10 -- 60% Passable (actually, barely squeaking by) but needs lots of improvement. That pretty much sums it up.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    7/10.

Back at release however, it was a 1/10, being unfinished and all, but it has improved drastically and had become more playable with the updates/DLC releases. I play vanilla (for now) and can play for hours on end nowadays. I'd rate it higher if our Sims had more personality/personalization (zodiac signs, attraction system, reputations, etc). I'd like basic stuff like that to come back.....oh, and the babies are absolutely horrendous.

Back then, you couldn't pay me enough to play this game and I was set on it never meeting my standards, but was proven wrong. It's getting better and has potential to be greater. It has long ways to go still and I'll stay optimistic (despite laundry winning in the community last year :neutral: ). Hopefully, things will get brighter.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited February 2018
    5 out of 10 because there's so much stuff they put in that were good but theres still a lot missing
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • _gracepartonn_gracepartonn Posts: 8 New Member
    I think the perfect game would be sims 3's gameplay, which was utterly incredible, with sims 4's outstanding graphics.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If Sims 3 were more stable, and had Sims 4's CAS with the body shaping options, along with some new features (Parenthood and clubs), it would be great.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think some people will start giving it 8s, 9s, and 10s, once Seasons and University come out.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top