Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Do You Think Sims 4 Will End?

123457...Next

Comments

• More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I guess sometime between 2021-2023 so I chose 2022. u wu
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Old thread but I can't believe how wrong I was by voting for 2021. With the recent "many, many more years" from Gurus, I'd say 2024 is the earliest they would end TS4.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2021
    I was so naive.

"Beyond 2025" is the right answer.
    They are still searching new ideas in 2021 (pathfinder job), then the content will be released after 2024.
    Apparently TS4 had a leadership change this year. We knew SimGuruDuke left Maxis at the end of last year. What we didn't know is that SimGuruLyndsay also left her position on TS4 around the same time. According to Courtyard Oasis's credits, there is now both a new Executive Producer and a new Senior Producer in charge of the game. This may very well signal a new chapter in TS4's lifespan.

KCo3y3o.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited May 2021
    @elelunicy wait what? she left? She is still credited as Executive Producer on her twitter.
    edited May 2021
    logion wrote: »
    wait what? she left? She is still credited as Executive Producer on her twitter.

She could still be an Executive Producer, just no longer an Executive Producer of TS4.

Interestingly enough, SimGuruGMJoe also left Maxis two weeks ago to be Vice President at EA Vancouver. There is now a new General Manager of Maxis.

fcsyCyG.png

This means right now the top 3 highest ranked producers of TS4, VP Executive Producer Catharina Lavers Mallet, Executive Producer Phill Ring, and Senior Producer Isabelle Henriques are all new to the game.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited May 2021
    Catharina Lavers Mallet (USA) is VP and GM, Maxis since April 2021 (Replace Joe Nickolls)
    Phillip Ring (UK) is Executive Producer since November 2020 (With Lyndsay ?)
    Isabelle Henriques (Spain) is Studio Director & Lead Producer for Live Services - Maxis since January 2021 (Replace Michael Duke)

Lyndsay Pearson is still Executive Producer & GM, The Sims. "Their team is growing!"

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    There has been an article on Catharina Lavers Mallet joining Maxis. Did everyone in the Sims community not notice that?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-23-catharina-lavers-mallet-takes-over-as-maxis-boss

Interesting quote from Samantha Ryan, SVP of EA:
    Maxis has been quiet in terms of new launches since it released The Sims 4 in 2014, but has continually supported the game over time following a launch where some fans were disappointed with the number of features. Since then, the game has grown rapidly, with more than 30 million players worldwide.

"It seems so long ago -- over seven years -- since Sims 4 launched," Ryan adds. "We learned a lot. We doubled down since then and the team has done an amazing job of adding to the depth and breadth of the game. Folks in the industry used to talk about having successful games that could live for five years. Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more. There's been a shift across the entire games industry to support and nurture our communities long-term, and we're committed to doing just that with The Sims 4.

Imagine 15 years of TS4 :D
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    There has been an article on Catharina Lavers Mallet joining Maxis. Did everyone in the Sims community not notice that?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-23-catharina-lavers-mallet-takes-over-as-maxis-boss

Interesting quote from Samantha Ryan, SVP of EA:
    Maxis has been quiet in terms of new launches since it released The Sims 4 in 2014, but has continually supported the game over time following a launch where some fans were disappointed with the number of features. Since then, the game has grown rapidly, with more than 30 million players worldwide.

"It seems so long ago -- over seven years -- since Sims 4 launched," Ryan adds. "We learned a lot. We doubled down since then and the team has done an amazing job of adding to the depth and breadth of the game. Folks in the industry used to talk about having successful games that could live for five years. Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more. There's been a shift across the entire games industry to support and nurture our communities long-term, and we're committed to doing just that with The Sims 4.

Imagine 15 years of TS4 :D

I don't think I have heard any other game developer talking about games lasting for 10-15 years. That would be the worst if that's their plans for the sims4.
    "Their team is growing!"

According to SimGuruDuke he led a team of 200+ for TS4. And the team is still growing. That's why I cannot take the speculation that they're going back to one EP per year seriously. It would be a monumental failure of Maxis' leadership to only produce one EP this year with a larger team than ever.

FACwIab.png
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited May 2021
    @elelunicy

20 years of TS4 leave a lot of rooms for new content, improvements and fixes.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    "Their team is growing!"

According to SimGuruDuke he led a team of 200+ for TS4. And the team is still growing. That's why I cannot take the speculation that they're going back to one EP per year seriously. It would be a monumental failure of Maxis' leadership to only produce one EP this year with a larger team than ever.

Andrew Wilson said EA have "aggressive plans around The Sims", 1 EP would be the opposite
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I'm still sticking with 2022, but wish it was 2021 so I could mod it and not be bothered with constant patches.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Seeing latest interviews I'll give them 10 years. Afterwards I'm not sure it'll be rational as technologies are developing so fast it'll be completely outdated by that time.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    Given all the details about 5 coming out, I'm thinking it'll be announced next year. They're hiring someone to make a prototype, and that's what they showed when they announced 4 so whenever that's ready they'll announce. They've been hiring people for it since 2018 so it seems to be pretty deep in development at this stage, I'm thinking they'll announce it at either EA play or Gamescon next year.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Beyond 2025
    In 10 or 15 years so 2029 if we use the logic of the new GM
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱