Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods, CC, & Scripts are not working.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/7t6dq2/cc_mods_not_showing_up_in_my_game_detailed/

I posted this to reddit initially. I've done TONS of troubleshooting and I'm not sure what is going on.

Here is what I said on the reddit post:
I have been searching around. I've tried every different resource.cfg that I've found.

I only have MC Command Center installed in my mods folder right now under sims4/mods/mccommandcenter1.26.18

Packages would be installed under sims4/mods/packages

I have 2K+ so I figured that may be too much for my game BUT I tried removing them all and only doing 1 or 2 package files plus the shortcuts mod... None load. That's why I tried to do MC Command Center which I'm 100% sure is supposed to work but it isn't coming up in my game.

I've tried disabling mods, closing, reopening, enabling mods, closing, & reopening. Still nothing.

I guess I will try the above while also deleting EVERYTHING in my mods folder and see how that turns out but I doubt it is going to work. UPDATE: Doesn't work.

I've tried looking under CAS for the CC Skins/Hairs/Clothes/etc. but they aren't showing up in there so I know they definitely aren't loading at all.

I've since tried removing all of the folders and just storing 1 CC and MC Command Center straight in the sims4/mods folder with the resource.cfg and still it isn't working.

I just deleted my resource.cfg and reloaded the game and it isn't showing up in the sims4/mods folder again. I have it copied so I didn't lose it but I don't understand what is going on with my game.

I haven't added this to my reddit post yet (about to):

I then repaired my game and reloaded it and the resource.cfg didn't load again so I copied it back (after closing the game) and reopened and my CC didn't load still.

BTW, I completely deleted the shortcuts mod so now I'm trying with 1 package file and MCCommandCenter. I am 100% sure that MCCC is supposed to work but it isn't. I have verified that I downloaded the latest version (by redownloading it) so I know it is supposed to work (even if my other CC doesn't) but it isn't.

Yes, CC & Script mods are enabled under options>other.

Anyone have any ideas why this isn't working?

Comments