The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do we still not have a way to clone a style, makeup or outfit yet from another for pre-exiting sim ?

meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
edited January 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I made an awesome set of outfits (4 to 5 choices) per each outfit categories per each personalities (she a vamp so do the math on how many outfits I made) however I messed up my game play and had to go back to a previous game save before the clothing makeup and accessories were choose on this pre-existing sim... now sadly I find after spending over an hour and a half carefully selecting the outfits for both her human and vamp body I have to loose it or do it all over again manually. Why cant we clone a look or style and "paste" it onto a pre-existing sim? Or am I over looking something here? I have tried the save to the gallery thing but that doesn't help because that make a new sim... I am not looking to make a new sim I am trying to keep my story going but keep a pre-existing sim with a pre-creating look. Anyone else run into this trouble? Just took their sim to fix their looks and mess up their game play where you cant save it? My guess is I am just going to have to suck it up and if I want the style looks back I am going to have to download the previous save to the galley then load the game without the mistake and just recreate the look manually... it stinks and is going to take forever... but it either choose to loose 2 sims entirely from my game (a butler lost due to game glitch and a toddler taken away) and keep my created styled looks or go back to where I have all my sims in my family and just recreated the look...
SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by meetkitty123 on

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I agree, I wish we could add our own styled looks on that tab. Then we could access them quickly and easily. At the very least, I'd like a way to copy the makeup across all clothing tabs and categories so I don't have to keep redoing it. It gets very time consuming.
    #Team Occult
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Unfortunately, the answer is no. If I really like an outfit combo I've created, I usually take an in game photo so I can remember what it looks like if I want to put it on another sim.

HOWEVER....if you have Getting to Work, you can (in a way) save the outfit for the future. You can customize the mannequins to wear anything clothing wise from CAS, so set up the mannequin to have the outfit you want to save, and then have the Sim you want to wear it buy it.

I'm pretty sure you have to have a playable Sim own the business in order to put the outfit on the mannequin, but going to the store is kind of an excuse to bring some realism to the game too, huh?