The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking clothes to machine

Am I missing something or do I really have to select every single laundry basket in the house and take each load individually to the washer?

Comments

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    You're not missing anything. That seems to be how it works.
  • SineeaSineea Posts: 207 Member
    Okay, what am I missing. It seems like I'm missing more than you. This is the second post I have seen about laundry. I have bought every expansion and stuff pack, and I haven't figured out how to do laundry. What do I need in terms of content to have laundry in my game?
    I use no mods or CC and I repair my game after every time I play.
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    Sineea wrote: »
    Okay, what am I missing. It seems like I'm missing more than you. This is the second post I have seen about laundry. I have bought every expansion and stuff pack, and I haven't figured out how to do laundry. What do I need in terms of content to have laundry in my game?

Do you have the laundry stuff pack?
    Andiratyme wrote: »

That sucks. They should automatically collect all
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Saunta2 wrote: »

That plum. They should automatically collect all

And auto start after you load them.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

That plum. They should automatically collect all

And auto start after you load them.

That too.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

It came out Jan 16, everyone was talking about it and stuff. I don't see how anyone could miss it.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited January 2018

You need both a washer and dryer, or a wash tub and clothes line, or some combo of the two as long as you have both a washing and drying object on the lot. Clothes will start to appear either in piles or into the laundry basket if you have one placed. These objects can be found under misc. appliances in build mode.

Edit: Spelling

It came out Jan 16, everyone was talking about it and stuff. I don't see how anyone could miss it.

Well when I read their post it sounded to me like they might have missed it.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Not everyone keeps up with the Sims. There are other things going on in life. It is a legit question.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2018
    I downloaded it mostly for the large round table. Something I have wanted for years. I haven't played it. From what I have seen the clothes collect in the hamper unless you are a slob or the hamper overflows. You need to gather the stuff up and take it to be washed. One step I don't get is why the sims will take their laundry from the wash and throw it on the floor or ground. Where is the clothes basket? I
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I agree that it's stupid you have to click on each hamper and that it should auto start once full. I also wish that half the time my laundry didn't say that it was clean and couldn't be washed. I know they are looking into that one but I guess the others aren't bugs. :(