Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advice

I'm thinking about clearing out my cc folder, but I really don't want to have to go through the struggle of finds favorite pieces and such, so is there any advice from people who have done this before?

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    edited January 2018
    You can use Sims 4 Studio to look through your CC and delete straight from the program. You will need a membership to download the program but, it is free. Once you have downloaded and opened the program press the button labeled MyCC, a new window will open and all of your CC will be listed on the left. When you click on a {b].package[/b] file (indicated by a green plumbob) the item will show in the picture window, to delete that piece choose the red delete button on the bottom right. Then simply click on the next item to look at it, and so on.
  • j3n1ynj3n1yn Posts: 70 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    You can use Sims 4 Studio to look through your CC and delete straight from the program. You will need a membership to download the program but, it is free. Once you have downloaded and opened the program press the button labeled MyCC, a new window will open and all of your CC will be listed on the left. When you click on a {b].package[/b] file (indicated by a green plumbob) the item will show in the picture window, to delete that piece choose the red delete button on the bottom right. Then simply click on the next item to look at it, and so on.

This is what I use to periodically go through my CC and get rid of stuff that I no longer use or stuff that just doesn't look that good in game.

• iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member

I understand that. Perhaps I should've reworded that. I meant to say I was to delete my cc folder, and I wanted to know if anyone has done that and how it worked out for them.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    If you delete your CC folder, the game will generate a new one the next time you play. It's that easy.

I would suggest backing the folder up somewhere (desktop or USB stick), in case you change your mind. Then all you need to do is place it back into your Sims 4 Folder and it will override the now empty Mods folder. Make sure you only have one Resource.cfg file in the restored version.
  • iballisticbunny6iballisticbunny6 Posts: 87 Member
    If you delete your CC folder, the game will generate a new one the next time you play. It's that easy.

I would suggest backing the folder up somewhere (desktop or USB stick), in case you change your mind. Then all you need to do is place it back into your Sims 4 Folder and it will override the now empty Mods folder. Make sure you only have one Resource.cfg file in the restored version.

I understand how that works. What I'm looking for is if other people have done that and how it worked out for them. Like for example, were they relieved? Did they switch from Alpha cc to mm cc? Questions like that.