Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR's Laundry Day Review

ยซ134
KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-NZPqOr5Y

Boys and girls it's finally here, in all his snarky glory. Bless Clint and his honesty. I'm surprised this pack didn't include a Tide Pod challenge for sims.

Comments

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Just started watching. LOL poor Ralph :D
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Fair review. I agree with him.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Creative Ways to Torture Ralph: A Guide
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    LOL loved his reference to the stupid tide teens thing (and the ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ)
    he always makes me smile.

-Yarden.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    He took a rather gentle approach this time
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Always love his reviews... Very cool!
    Ryzen 1700X โ€ข 16GB โ€ข RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I didn't even know ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ was a thing. I looked it up, and regret it >.< lol It was a good reveiw and he didn't rip it apart like I expected.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2018
    No one is surprised that he is not impressed with this pack. Obviously only the players who wanted laundry are. I suppose he found it difficult to be very harsh because after all, the community voted for this pack. Which is a fact that no one can deny.
    I was also disappointed/in disbelief that so many players voted for a feature that we already had in previous games and which is in no way entertaining. If you use voting methods like this you will always end up with "Vanilla" - it is not going to knock anyone's socks off, but everyone might at least find something about it appealing, the pack is the equivalent of the lowest common denominator.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    LGR's reviews are always a delight, even when I enjoy something he does not. I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate having laundry in the game, and the pack as a whole. However I see completely where he is coming from, and I understand the slight frustration with the fact that we could have gotten some more 'exciting' things. I think alot of simmers truly want more chores in general, but ofcourse we want the exciting stuff also. hopefully that will come eventually. Poor Ralph, he's having it rough. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    What are you guys saying poor Ralph for, Ralph is having the most fun he has ever had. :D
    Liked the review, entertaining as usual.
  • buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    i was waiting for his review before buying the SP, and now i know i will not be buying. i was not thrilled with laundry itself but was hoping for decent stuff. all in all there is not too much so meh.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Road to fame and ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ are mods to have er... moving on...

LGR reviews are always nice to see but yes this review on laundry is alright overall my feelings for laundry has not changed.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Always love his reviews because he speaks the raw honest truth!! ... o.o Where did ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ get mentioned? (I know what it is...) obviously it flew over me I didn't hear him say anything...dumb me.
  • alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    I don't like this stuff pack. I don't like any stuff packs besides maybe Vintage stuff because it has the butler but I think that should be in the base game or an expansion at least. I don't understand why they make a ton of small stuff packs, maybe to replace the store stuff like the sims 3 store ? Anyway I'm waiting for a new game pack or expansion. Looking forward to seasons !
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I will be the first to admit that there are some stuff packs that are not needed, but I'd seriously prefer stuff packs over trying to add a small feature like laundry to an already existing expansion. People already talked about not liking Laundry even when they bought it. At least in this instance you can decided to have it in your game or not. I wish that since we get game packs and stuff packs of things that "could" have been in expansion packs, it would make said expansion packs even more detailed or bigger. This is the only video of his that I liked because instead of giving his own opinion or plainly showing disinterest, he commends them for not making it super simplistic and displays the features the pack has.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2018
    Fair review. I agree with him.

I used to love his reviews, not so much recently. His recent attitude is to just dismiss a pack simply because it's a stuff pack imo, he seems negative from the start.

Plus, with the past few stuff packs, he completely glosses over gameplay.

For example in Vintage Glamor stuff he ignores the Vanity Table, one of the new gameplay objects.

And in this, he doesn't even mention the improvements to sims 3 laundry such as a hamper collecting all laundry, lazy and slob sims interacting uniquely, searching for pocket change, clothes having tons of different variants of statuses like dry, wet etc, the new interactions such as sniffing another clothes or the mischief "what's that spot" interaction.

He completely glosses over half the pack or doesn't even mention it. That is not what a review should be. It's fine if he doesn't like stuff packs, but he shouldn't ignore new things coming with them just because of it. There's really no reason for most of the gameplay of this pack to be entirely ignored.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    He did mention one feature that I've longed for since Sims 2 and that's for sims not to have infinite clothing and have access only to clothing they've purchased.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I love his reviews, and this one was right on the money. I've some reviews where people talk about how much fun they're having doing laundry - and that's great for them - but those reviews (at least the ones I've seen) are all done by people who are playing it for the first time. This seemed much more balanced - showing all of the different aspects and the issues with the pack.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited January 2018
    he left out all the new things about the stuff pack I like lgrs vids I watch a lot of them but he really just doen't like the sims 4 at all
    so his reviews are one sided when it comes to the sims 4 like with his review on bowling and the climbing wall where he said it was bad because you could not effect the out come of how they do when they are bowling or climbing the wall we've never been able to do that in the sims 1,2 or 3
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member

Boys and girls it's finally here, in all his snarky glory. Bless Clint and his honesty. I'm surprised this pack didn't include a Tide Pod challenge for sims.

Real Life: Laundry detergent becomes food.

Sims 4: Food becomes laundry detergent.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I agree with him, however I felt he sounded so fed up and tired and bored of the game that it made me feel bad for him. I am very critical with the game but I still find the way to enjoy it, he sounded defeated.
    The furniture is awesome in this pack but he doesn't mention, he only focuses in the negative. Which is fair enough but I believe you should talk about both the good and the bad.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Always love his reviews because he speaks the raw honest truth!! ... o.o Where did ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ get mentioned? (I know what it is...) obviously it flew over me I didn't hear him say anything...dumb me.

when he shows off the furniture he talks about their descriptions and then make jokes about the subject.
    around 2:45

-Yarden.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    he left out all the new things about the stuff pack I like lgrs vids I watch a lot of them but he really just doen't like the sims 4 at all
    so his reviews are one sided when it comes to the sims 4 like with his review on bowling and the climbing wall where he said it was bad because you could not effect the out come of how they do when they are bowling or climbing the wall we've never been able to do that in the sims 1,2 or 3

You can bowl in the sims 2 and 3. The sims 3 also has a rock climbing wall which is similar.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top