Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I was given some condiments for Christmas, so tonight I'm going to use the Nepalese paste to do something with.
    1SPa0PW.jpg
    I can see a Nepalese Curry coming on.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Tonight I'm doing grilled salmon with corn salsa. I'm using another of my Christmas condiments. Roast capsicum tapenade.

MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Peruvian balls! Balls are going off at the moment. The other night I did Nepalese Balls with rice. Was really nice. The condiment was a bit ho-hum, but what I threw in with worked.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    I just copied down your spicy peanut sauce, I'll find something to do with that next week.
    Tonight I'm doing the Chickpea and Bean Casserole I did a couple of weeks ago, but will actually remember to put the chickpeas in!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Yes, it's not exactly a summer dish. I do garlic bread on the side and mop it up!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Oh, it turns out that making the peanut sauce in advance wasn't a great idea. It thickened up too much in the fridge, and when I reheated it, it just didn't seem to have the same amount of flavour. It was still okay, but not delicious like it was when freshly made.

As for the Peruvian balls, they were impossible to cook. What a mess. If I were to do them again, I'd give them a coating perhaps, such as panko breadcrumbs. And I'd consider baking them instead.

I'll have the garlic noodles tonight. I have a packet of satay tofu in the fridge, I might add that to the noodles. So simple.

That's a shame. I hate it when it doesn't go right.
    We're out for dinner tonight with some money my mum sent us for Christmas.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Yes, it was seafood. Very nice too. We had Tooth Fish for the first time. We'd seen the menu before we went and Googled it. It was lovely - not like the fish you don't like, very mild and not a heavy fishy smell.

Glacier 51 toothfish
    poisson pané Glacier 51 toothfish, salmon caviar,
    pickled cucumber, lemon, truffle fries

Indian home delivery tonight.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Oh Indian home delivery - I miss that. Where I live there are only two places that do delivery, and they are both mainly pizza menus. Good food, and I do get delivery from them sometimes. I don't use Uber Eats, but somebody told me that there are no Uber Eats deliveries here at all. Whilst it's certainly an outer suburb (these days), it is still a very "country town" spot in certain ways.

We don't use any of those delivery people either. There are loads of places here to get deliveries from. We rotate every Friday between 4 Indians, so one a month. Tonight's one is only 5 minutes down the road so we'll walk down and pick it up. The other three deliver themselves.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    meh, slow-reheated garlic pork roast with root veg, in one casserole and another of baked white beans. I don't even feel like eating, but I put leftovers in the oven because my schnucki is going to need a hot meal when he gets in from the cold. I'd dine on coffee porter and sharp cheddar and call it good, having lived on kale and spinach smoothies and nettle tea today, with an upset stomach and general lassitude. Eating isn't for me, today. Fermented beverages and a bit of cheese, sound perfect. But I wasn't slogging it out all day in the snow. So a hearty meal he'll have, regardless of what I eat.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    meh, slow-reheated garlic pork roast with root veg, in one casserole and another of baked white beans. I don't even feel like eating, but I put leftovers in the oven because my schnucki is going to need a hot meal when he gets in from the cold. I'd dine on coffee porter and sharp cheddar and call it good, having lived on kale and spinach smoothies and nettle tea today, with an upset stomach and general lassitude. Eating isn't for me, today. Fermented beverages and a bit of cheese, sound perfect. But I wasn't slogging it out all day in the snow. So a hearty meal he'll have, regardless of what I eat.
    Love it! :D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I'm going to make a frittata out of leftovers. I have a choice of 3 different leftovers, so will need to see which will be the best.
    Enjoy your Indian PriestessBizarre
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    @February11 thanks! I'm a crazed nickname-giver. I thought 'schnuki' and the variant 'schnucki-bear' were my own inventions, but was surprised to find out that they are common enough terms of endearment in German. Well, 'schnucki-bärchen' anyway...means the same thing as schnuki-bear. But yeah...hubs has to put up with all sorts of indignities from me! :blush:

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ^^^ :D
    I'm trying to think what to make tonight. I don't go to the shops until tomorrow, but can possibly make a pea and camembert risotto with what I have in the fridge. Might have to google some possibilities.
    MLgj4Vx.png