Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's on your menu tonight?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Oooh, that looks interesting. I've bought something similar to that before.
    I'm back to my vegan balls tonight. I'm busy googling rich tomato sauce as I'm doing an Italian dish rather the Asian one I did before.
    I'm hooked on these balls!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Meatloaf
    Leftovers for me tonight, yay! More vegan balls with spaghetti and that lovely rich tomato sauce recipe I found yesterday.
    My partner had a last minute offer to catch for Christmas drinks this evening. I was going to do Dory in a mustard and dill sauce, so that will be put on hold now until after Christmas.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    I'm eating the leftovers of that green salad right now, and it's still really tasty. Glad I used the freekeh mix instead of barley. So yum.

My partner will also be out tonight, band rehearsal. So I will have to find something small and simple to snack on at dinner time. I did buy some crackers, triple brie, dukkah, etc. with no specific purpose in mind, so perhaps I'll crack all of those open.

That sounds like a plan. I'm jollying my left overs up with some garlic bruschetta.
    Pizza night tomorrow as I'll be working from 7.30am and won't be home until 6pm, then all on for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day - yay!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I just relied on leftovers, didn't feel like doing one dannnned thing today.

The vegan balls in rich tomato sauce sound so good. Makes me want falafel balls...wow the spellchecker never heard of falafel? Weird.

Will make up for it tomorrow. I have a large pot of quinoa already cooked, might do a stir-fry with that plus the lentils. Maybe something with a turmeric and ginger sauce, nice and warming.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes with brown gravy along with cauliflower in Velveeta cheese sauce.
    edited December 2020
    What is velveeta cheese sauce? I know I can Google it, but you might have a personalised play on it.

Okay, it got the better of me and I Googled.
    So it's an Ameican brand of cheese.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Yeah, those are ordinary pantry ingredients, I'd say. I don't keep cremini or any other mushrooms on hand due to being allergic to them, or cilantro for the same reason (which was devastating when it happened because I LOVE cilantro!) or oyster sauce, but the other things? sure. Except shrimp also isn't a household staple but again, that's an addition that wouldn't make or break the dish.

As for falafel, you don't have to go out for it, even if you want it "now" because you can easily make it from chickpea flour, or canned chickpeas and a food processor if you don't want to wait and cook dry chickpeas. When I make it, I often make it in patties instead of balls, to speed the process. Tastes just as good in a more convenient shape.

So tonight, it will be leftover turkey and whatever I scrape up for veg. Probably ought to be the rest of the green cabbage.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I don't make my own falafel either. In fact ones I've bought from an assortment of shops aren't the best either. The local Turkish Pizza shop do the best.
    Just doing jacket potatoes tonight the get rid of left over spuds in the fridge. Not sure what I'll be topping them with, but I'm sure there are plenty of other left overs to mix together to add.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Grilled Dory With Lemon, Dill And Caper Butter Sauce
    I've had this recipe for awhile now and have never tried it. It was one of those on a card at the fishmongers.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Shepherd’s/Cottage pie. A perfect comfort food dinner on a cold snowy night. 😋
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    I made some homemade soup tonight which wasn't actually to bad. I'm not much of a cook but this was ok, though I didn't eat a lot as I'm not very hungry. Look soup though.
    Fish chowder with almond milk, vegan chickpea/buckwheat bread (similar to cornbread), and baked black beans. Quite a nice repast on a bitter cold night!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Charla97Charla97 Posts: 66 Member
    Cheese and crackers, not very filling but just right for tonight. :)
  • MMA_Rebel10MMA_Rebel10 Posts: 52 Member
    Leftovers
    My vegetarian nachos.
    MLgj4Vx.png