Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's Date Night! Where do we go first?

igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
Gave myself a tough act to follow after the prior poll, but it was fun so let's see how this one goes. Your current or recently played sim somehow got someone to agree to go on a date! Of course the planned activities will vary by sim, time of year, etc., and most of us plan multiple activities in a row, but usually where do you think of taking a sim's date first?
o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
NRaas has moved!
Our new site is at http://nraas.net

It's Date Night! Where do we go first? 112 votes

A Place that Serves Food (restaurant, bistro, diner, bakery, java hut, cafeteria)
33%
CK213Idontrcallcarlystur03Jaline33suzsesjaletu2005despina53Rhiannon58thundrwilowroseJeansooKATENESSSillyhartluvSapientsimsolidzagboorulesCheeezeySunfisher0xMultiLoveigazorjjames041ellabrodey9 37 votes
See a Movie, Show, Concert, or the Big Game (community theatre, open lot cinema, showtime venue, equestrian center, planetarium, stadium)
9%
cwaddellRsandailikethesims30jordandBreazonabooknovicesimgameChoco446GamingTweetygerefteastosmanthus10 11 votes
A Pub, Bar, Dance Club, Lounge, or Other LN Venue
9%
Emily4331JoAnne65jillbgmegan_mariaInfraGreendogdancerSigzy05sof2106plumbob3458Teslachick2[Deleted User] 11 votes
An Outdoor Venue (park, playground, beach, community garden, festival lot, amusement park, someplace with outdoor activities) or Go Boating/Fishing/Snorkeling (out on the water)
24%
cianeblacksheba1973Writin_RegParydreamerz13ApparentlyAwesomeemorrillstargurufunkeeferretElijahsBabyGurl9bekkasan5782341b77vlpandabear1836TadOlsoncocoMidnightAuraPalmArrowSimtown15RedShoe7HollyL73 27 votes
An Arcade, Bowling Alley, the Student Union, Indoor Gym, Spa, Salon, or Tattoo Parlor
6%
MikezumiGabbyGirlJspiritslive99IreneSwiftwiredhanna67TreyNutzclover24 7 votes
Go Shopping (grocery store, bookstore, comic book store, consignment shop, bot emporium, ITF retail gallery) or to the Laundromat or Junkyard
0%
A Quiet Evening at Home (your sim's house or theirs)
4%
SimplyJenBettyboop55fidelis_x0polrbearpuzzlezaddict 5 votes
The Graveyard, an Underground Tomb, or Crash Site/Wasteland
1%
Anmirlasimnovorii 2 votes
Doesn't Matter, We're Just Going to Try to Woohoo in as Many Public Locations as Possible
5%
bklienhartChloeBeckittCravenLestatSindocatInternal_ChaosSims_for_life 6 votes
Someplace Else (specify in the comments)
5%
fxchrfxchrhunniboo1lisasc360BlackSandyoshi_dragur2012phoebebebe13 6 votes

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    edited January 2018
    I chose "Someplace else" because when a Sim Guy calls my SS up for a date (and I accept it), my SS goes to wherever the Sim tells her where to meet him at.

I had placed @CravenLestat simself into my game to see what he gets into during my game play. So I had my SS introduce herself to him when she was outside of the bookstore in Riverview reading and he sat down next to her on the bench. So a few days later, Craven calls my SS up to ask her for a date and she accepted. so she goes to the meeting spot for the date to discover that he asked her to meet him at the junkyard... :p Who asks someone on a date to the junkyard?... :p

Pictures under spoiler.
    Ke9yRsjl.jpg

So while they're there, they talk about things:
    Zax66Gvl.jpg

They watch funny videos on the phone:
    EwhyqL6l.jpg

My SS watches 2 other Sims arguing with each other and then one of them slaps the other on... :#
    KIdZP8yl.jpg
    FQS6HSAl.jpg

Then Craven digs through the scrap piles...lol
    6gHruSsl.jpg

Then Craven and my SS watches the stars... :blush:
    I8bzuJtl.jpg

Then as the sun starts coming up, we make faces at one another...lol
    RBRTMJWl.jpg

Then my SS started a water balloon fight with Craven...lol
    DhcPxzal.jpg

Then they hug after the date was over with... :smiley:
    z0A2Qidl.jpg

Then my SS romantic interest that she now has in the game called up up for a date. It was at the fish hatchery hole in Riverview... :)

Pictures under spoiler.
    Meeting at the hatchery while Donny was fishing.
    vNR65jXl.jpg

They greet each other with a smooch... <3<3
    ObfXafel.jpg

A deer leaping on along.
    xy67Ccfl.jpg

Then it was time to watch the stars... :)
    XaWEXFUl.jpg

Then they headed into the bathroom to get out of the rain where he gave her some flowers... :)
    rYJeTmbl.jpg

Then she ended up giving him a back massage which he liked... :)
    OR2PDLql.jpg

Sorry for the picture spam which is why I'd placed them in spoilers for... :smiley:
    Post edited by lisasc360 on
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    An Arcade, Bowling Alley, the Student Union, Indoor Gym, Spa, Salon, or Tattoo Parlor
    I tend not to let my sims date because by the time the teens are old enough to date there are way too many sims in the household for me to be giving special treatment to one. When I do feel particularly generous I might allow my favourite teen to have a date (God knows they roll enough wishes for them) and I will send him to the bowling alley, leave them most of the day and then send them to dinner in the evening. That way I know they will amuse themselves while I keep an eye on the rest of the household and, come dinner time, I can tend to my family's needs without having to check on them.

I don't have many EPs installed (although I own them all) so date options are limited. Movies are useless (unless I really can't be bothered with them and just want them out of the way) because they invariably come out with decayed motives if they go with someone else. I would have thought one's social needs would be met when watching a movie with another but my game seems to think otherwise :# Overall, I would prefer to skip dates altogether and just invite romantic interests over. Sims have way more fun when there is no pressure to "have a great date" and the potential for the game to throw a curve ball just as they are getting frisky is not for me.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Most of the dates my sims have gone on recently have occurred while at university. I always send them to the B's Bowlarama because it has plenty of fun things for sims to do together, food (I put in a LN bar upstairs), room outside to watch the stars, and a photobooth for the romantic interactions to end up in. I tend not to have dates occur on one more than one lot, so where they start the day is where they end the date.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    An Outdoor Venue (park, playground, beach, community garden, festival lot, amusement park, someplace with outdoor activities) or Go Boating/Fishing/Snorkeling (out on the water)
    I'm terrible at dates :( I always forget to have them go for something to eat.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    When my sims have dates, which isn't often ( in the "official" game sense) it is normally at a Festival, or a lovely park for a bbq... usually with lots of activities to do. It's rare for them to spend their leisure time inside.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    A Place that Serves Food (restaurant, bistro, diner, bakery, java hut, cafeteria)
    FOOD! Always...food. :D then a nice romantic stroll along the beach... (if the Sims are in Sunset Valley or along the riverfront in Riverview or...)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The festival or the beach are my most common date spots. Or some quiet little park that the townies dont go to much. Anywhere you can set up a picnic basket really.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Mine will usually start outdoors at a park or festival type lot, or a beach for a swim or sailing.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I never tell my sims to call another sim for a date, and any invites they receive are rejected, usually because I have other plans for them. If I want to see someone, they get invited over, and it only becomes a date if it starts out as a group outing (automatically) and then my sim does something romantic. As it turns out, all you need to "have a great date" is a woohoo and enough time together (4 hours, I think).

If I did send them out, though, the only goal would be to woohoo in all the public places that allow it, and maybe some that don't. Cops can just be reset, after all.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Doesn't Matter, We're Just Going to Try to Woohoo in as Many Public Locations as Possible
    I have to be honest. I was going to say "my place" or "the park" but the determining factor is "Is there anything woohooable at that venue? Photo booth? Fine."
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    It depends on the sim and what they need to do/want to do.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    They'll usually go to Garden House or a festival if they're not going fishing for first dates as that's to get to know each other better.My towns usually have small populations and fewer venue options in their early days.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    A Pub, Bar, Dance Club, Lounge, or Other LN Venue
    A typical date for my sims begins and ends in a lounge, dive bar, disco or dance club. I usually add fun things to those venues like the slot machines, pool tables, the photo booth (for woohoo) and the gyroscopic thingamabob so my sims can have all kinds of fun.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Mostly, go for filling their stomach first but it depends on their stomach status. If they’re full, then go on a date to park, showtime performance venue etc.. :)
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    edited January 2018
    All depends on their mood. Hungry Sims usually roll a wish to eat at a restaurant, some want to see a movie first, etc.
    Firby nurbs!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Food for sure. Cause if the other sim is a slob there will not be a second date. :)
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I think my current sims would rather stay home and take a steamy shower.. then maybe round two in the bedroom. End the night watching TV in their boxers and leftovers for dinner. How romantic. :D

Normally I take my sims to a restaurant, movie, and/or watch the sun go down at the beach. Sometimes I'll plop down a themed lot of some sort for entertainment. Unless I really plan the day out, they only end up doing one or two things. Planning stresses me out and nothing ever goes as planned. :s
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Always about the food with me. Wanted to specify, I never go to a closed restaurant venue, though. I want the sims to interact where I can see them. Seems no sims my sims call for dates ever think of eating on their own, and I hate starting out a date with them acting as though they're about to starve to death, and so we get the food thing out of the way first.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Most of the time I will have them go to the festival lot, because there is always a lot to do there. Specifically, there are lots of activities an active sim can choose to do with an inactive sim.

Venues that serve food and LN venues would be my second and third choice.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    edited January 2018
    If two sims of my household go together, or one of my sims invites some townie, they often go to the festival, because there´s food and entertainment for everyone.
    Although, one of my sims just recently met his lover at the library and they had a wonderful evening (the library may or may not have suddenly acquired a photo booth).

If my sims get invited, the mostly spend hours on an empty lot, waiting for their date, and finally return home, when said date is "indisposed". Or the date shows up, and they talk. I have to admit, I often forget them there.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Food then movies then a pub and back home to woohoo lol
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    My sims love food, so the perfect date must involve food (I may be projecting). I always send them to the bistro so I can watch them eat and interact with one another.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I've got to admit I thought this was about real dates and I thought Igazor was asking each of us out. Bold move, bro. Valentine's Day is right around the corner after all.
    giphy.gif

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited January 2018
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I've got to admit I thought this was about real dates and I thought Igazor was asking each of us out. Bold move, bro. Valentine's Day is right around the corner after all.

Given the female:male ratio of simmers, that take quite a long time!

ETA: was going to say, I’m in! And then remembered my simself gets to date. My happily married real self does not. ;)
  • gerefteastgerefteast Posts: 353 Member
    See a Movie, Show, Concert, or the Big Game (community theatre, open lot cinema, showtime venue, equestrian center, planetarium, stadium)
    Wow, I didn't know I would be in the minority.
    I usually choose seeing a show in a theatre. I don't have to care about what my sims could do all the time (at example they could dive into a garbage container, lol, it happens pretty often, regardless of their traits). When it's late enough I send them to a bar or a dance club. Actually, it depends on many things.
    understand the significance of the signatures