Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Crashing! Fixed!

2...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited April 2018
    @SimsGeek45

this laptop does not meet requirements to play the game. AMD makes low end hardware for light computer tasks and higher end for gaming. This laptop is lower end, designed for light computer tasks and not for gaming. It has a week processor integrated with the video card.

Things you can try ,remove all mods and cc, your computer can't handle that kind of extra content. Play on low, check off laptop mode, play in windowed mode, lower your in game resolution. All this will take stress off your laptop.

if you wish to continue playing all the game's future add ons, you will need another computer to play on that meets recommended requirements. Sorry for the bad news.
    edited April 2018
    rosemow wrote: »
    SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > SimsGeek45 wrote: »
    >
    > h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/archive/text
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.

My account is simmercrazy
    h.t.t.p//pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx

https://pastebin.com/Cd5WT0zx

Hello
    I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.

@rosemow This laptop does not meet requirements.. it's integrated processor video card . I left SimsGeek a message above this one
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I am sorry :( but that link doesn’t go to your own DXDiag information @SimsGeek45
    > It may be easier to copy and paste the DXDiag information directly into posts here in this thread. It will take multiple posts.

Hello
    I will tag @phoebebebe13 to look at your DXDiag info when she next comes onto the forums. She knows more about AMD systems.
    It would also be best to go to the HP site, search for your computer model, and update your graphics drivers.

@rosemow This laptop does not meet requirements.. it's integrated processor video card . I left SimsGeek a message above this one

Thanks for looking at their DXDiag info. I thought that the laptop didn’t meet the recommended requirements but just wanted to check with you, with it being an AMD system
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Hello

Thanks for looking at their DXDiag info. I thought that the laptop didn’t meet the recommended requirements but just wanted to check with you, with it being an AMD system

@rosemow your very welcome. AMD "A" series processors are low end . AMD R3, R4, R5 R6 are all integrated video cards. R7 can be integrated or dedicated video cards.
  • xVIIVXIxVIIVXI Posts: 9 New Member
    Hello ! As of recently my Sims 4 game has been crashing everytime my household finishes loading. This has never happened to me before & ive never had any complications with my laptop or my game. Could someone please help me out & let me know what could be the issue.?
    h.t.t.p.s://pastebin.com/1NEmQuje
    Thank you!!
    edited May 2018
    xVIIVXI wrote: »
    Hello ! As of recently my Sims 4 game has been crashing everytime my household finishes loading. This has never happened to me before & ive never had any complications with my laptop or my game. Could someone please help me out & let me know what could be the issue.?
    https://pastebin.com/1NEmQuje
    Thank you!!

Hello @xVIIVXI
    I am so sorry :( but your computer doesn’t meet the recommended requirements to run the game and game packs :(
    You have a weaker processor than is required. You also have an integrated processor video card. It is using the same computer ram along with the game , origin, windows and other programs that you have on your computer. These things may be causing the issues.
    I am so sorry :(

There are a few things to try doing.
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testingy after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Go to the HP site, search for your computer model and update your drivers.
    Try lowering your graphics settings.
    Try playing in laptop mode, and in windowed mode. Try lowering the ingame screen resolution in game options.
    Close all other open windows in the desktop when playing the game and see if that helps.
    I kind of figured, but i have been playing Sims 4 on this laptop for years with no issues :( but i will definitely look into the mod recommendation you gave tomorrow !
    By the way, could you give me some pointers on what laptops are great for gaming that aren't so ridiculously expensive.?
    I kind of figured, but i have been playing Sims 4 on this laptop for years with no issues :( but i will definitely look into the mod recommendation you gave tomorrow !
    By the way, could you give me some pointers on what laptops are great for gaming that aren't so ridiculously expensive.?

Hello @xVIIVXI
    If you decide to purchase a new computer now or into the future and would like help and advice in getting a computer that handles the game and packs, it would be good to post on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section and simmers will help you
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    You just need to post your budget and the country where you live and simmers will offer suggestions.
    Hey sorry I disappeared ! I haven't been on. Would I be able to upgrade my processor and processor video card.? What would be recommended.?
    Hey sorry I disappeared ! I haven't been on. Would I be able to upgrade my processor and processor video card.? What would be recommended.?

Hello @xVIIVXI
    The processor and graphics card are unable to be upgraded on a laptop. I am sorry :(
    It would be best to post any questions that you may have about your current laptop or a future computer on a thread in the Sims 4 Tech section of the forums. Simmers there will help you. You are unable to start a new thread as you are a new member but can post on a thread that another simmer has already started.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
    Okay thank you ! I appreciate the quick feedback
  • xzombiecookiexxxzombiecookiexx Posts: 2 New Member
    hello!
    I was wondering if anyone could help me!
    I can see most of you have been having the same issues.
    My sims 4 has been working perfectly fine up until yesterday.
    i got some new expansions and downloaded them
    i log into the game and play for roughly about 5/10 minutes for it to crash.
    i've tried repairing the game and i dont have any mods and have removed the folder just in case.
    last time i had a bit of an issue i updated my graphics driver and it was okay again although it is completed up to date now.

here is my pastebin stuff if someone wouldn't mind having a look at it?
    h.ttps://pastebin.com/53sLujng

thank you!
  • xzombiecookiexxxzombiecookiexx Posts: 2 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > xVIIVXI wrote: »
    >
    > Okay thank you ! I appreciate the quick feedback
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You’re welcome :)

hello!
    i've tried repairing the game and i dont have any mods and have removed the folder just in case.
    last time i had a bit of an issue i updated my graphics driver and it was okay again although it is completed up to date now.

h.ttps://pastebin.com/53sLujng

thank you!
    > @rosemow said:
    > xVIIVXI wrote: »
    >
    > Okay thank you ! I appreciate the quick feedback
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You’re welcome :)

hello!

https://pastebin.com/53sLujng

thank you!
    Hello @xzombiecookiexx
    It would be good to go to the NVIDIA site, and update your graphics drivers there. The DXDiag report says that the current drivers are from 2014
    Driver Date/Size: 5/20/2014 03:44:03, 17480432 bytes

Also, the crashing issues may be caused because you don’t have much free space on the C drive, and the C Drive is a small capacity drive.
    It would be best to move /install the game on the D drive.. It would also be best to move your documents folder to the D drive also.

Make a new folder on the D drive where you want to install the game and name it.
    To change where the sims 4 game is installed , go to Application settings in Origin , and the setting will be under "Installs and Saves " Browse through until you can find the new folder that you have created on the D drive. Set that folder as the place to install the game.

This link explains how to move your sims 4 game to another drive without needing to uninstall , download and reinstall it again.
    https://help.ea.com/article/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games

This explains how to move your documents folder.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfNmGnbxNw

• AnatnakiAnatnaki Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > Anatnaki wrote: »
    >
    > So basically, I open my game, wait for it to load, click on play and it takes me to the worlds. But every time I click on my household it loads for a little while then crashes. I do have CC and I removed all the ones that people said were out of date or broken and I don't want to remove any more. I already tried repairing the game too. Can someone help me with this? Thank you! :)
    >
    >
    >
    > Anatnaki wrote: »
    >
    > So basically, I open my game, wait for it to load, click on play and it takes me to the worlds. But every time I click on my household it loads for a little while then crashes. I do have CC and I removed all the ones that people said were out of date or broken and I don't want to remove any more. I already tried repairing the game too. Can someone help me with this? Thank you! :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I hate to tell you but more cc may have been broken than what made the list(s) in the forums. So the only way to know for sure is to remove your mods folder entirely, restart your game, choose a household and see if the problem remains. If not you can start replacing your mods and cc using the 50/50 method until you narrow down the culprit.

OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCHHH this totally helped me!!!!! :smiley:
  • msfashiondesignermsfashiondesigner Posts: 6 New Member
    My game has been crashing since yesterday and I don't know how to understand the lastcrash.exe can someone help me?
    My game has been crashing since yesterday and I don't know how to understand the lastcrash.exe can someone help me?

Hello @msfashiondesigner
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.