Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Driven to Cheating (Anecdotes)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    My Sim was fishing down by the river in China for Doitsu Koi. He'd just fished them out. Another sim had picked up food for everybody. He had Egg Rolls in his inventory, and just got the wish to eat Egg Rolls. Too bad he didn't have an open slot to put it. He did however, have a wish to visit the Forbidden City that could be easily filled. I sent him to the Market and then to eat the Egg Rolls, I would save the 'Eat Egg Rolls' wish as soon as he entered the city. Then I could find him a new place to fish. Nope, as soon as I cancelled the fishing order, he pulled out the Egg Rolls. I guess he was hungry. To compensate, NRass/MC/Intermediate/Lifetime Happiness/500 (value for visiting the Forbidden City). I then cancelled the visit wish and saved the egg rolls wish. He couldn't wait til he had a decent place to sit down to eat?
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Meanwhile, another Sim was on a bug hunt. There were no Assassin Beetles on the first day of the trip. Today there were five(5). She missed all of them. The adventure board is filled with "Fish of the Scholar" (all BUT Doitsu which is all the new angler has so far. He spent most of yesterday reading the fishing books) as well as "Constructing the First Emperor Mini." There's no point in taking that one till they have the bugs. One of the bugs was below ground at the Abandoned Barn where she couldn't reach it. Shift+Click/Buy on this lot/BuyDebug/MoveObjects On/. I moved the bug above ground (she failed the catch), the spawner to the front (where it doesn't seem to spawn below ground) and added 5 more copies. Maybe she can catch some bugs tomorrow. At least he can work on "Telescopic Metal" the only remaining item on the board.
    Post edited by MadDoctor61 on
  • Options
    I know it's been a while, but it's more appropriate to post in this thread than to create a new one.

My Sims are trying to collect Perfect Koi in China to stock in a garden pond back home. The gardening Sim has recently obtained perfect Plums (as well as Pomolos) for bait and brought all but a couple with him. Unfortunately, he doesn't have enough (too many non-perfect specimens of Tancho Koi) The others types will be okay. Using the ones purchased from the store will only catch lower quality fish. Not good enough for me. I went to the garden with the pond. Oh, no Plums. I edited the Garden to add a few Plum trees. Then:
    click tree / NRass / Debug Enabler / Option: Big Ol' Tree / Set Quality / Perfect
    then
    click tree / NRass / Debug Enabler / Option: Big Ol' Tree / DEBUG: Next Growth State
    I can now harvest Perfect Plums from the trees. One harvest from three trees should be sufficient.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    When I cheat it's mainly for rp purposes. For example, when playing with supernatural sims I'll often "cheat" lifetime rewards that I think are fitting for that occult. Such as Vampires and werewolves being more resistant to diseases so they get simmunity. Or maybe I'm playing an immortal vampire so I give them the immortal reward from the start. Maybe I'm playing a Sim who is known for their exceptionally good looks so I give them attractive. A charismatic business sim that can talk their way through any deal could get haggler and suave seller.

I played this game so many times that I'm at the point where I'll cheat lifetime rewards to fit certain characters since I've already done the work to get them normally through previous playthroughs.
  • Options
    SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2022
    On the original attempt at the Oakley Legacy, I attempted to break up a boy named Percy and a girl named Naomi. Originally, Percy was created for Rose, while Naomi was meant for Rose's brother Marcus. It resulted in Victoria Andrews (By now an Elder, and her son Aric was dating Percy's sister Andromeda) ending up with Percy. Even worse was the fact I was playing a short lifespan. Another reason why I wanted to break Naomi and Percy up is because Naomi's younger sister, Matilda, had aged up to teen and started to date with Percy's younger brother
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Options
    PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    I was playing a female sim with commitment issues, and she had several romantic interests. I play with several mods and long story short, after some risky autonomous woohoos, she got pregnant and had twins! I didn't want her to get married, but taking care of two babies is pretty hard with just one adult so I used cheats to teleport the babies to the park with her so she could get out of the house while the babies played! Babysitters are ok but they usually only focus on one toddler? And the money adds up after a little while, especially when mama's too busy changing diapers to work on her freelance alchemy career!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    ~smirk~ Need I say more?
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    😁👍

Always “get a dog” if you have the Pets EP. even better, get two. 😝

Screenshot-22.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    I was trying to finish the Telescope series on my third day in China, and was delivering the parts. A family member of the target went to the washroom. While I was chatting up the target (building Charisma and friends) before delivering the parts, the target headed for the bathroom. The first one was still in there, SINGING. I waited, while he waited. I pressed "2" to speed the waiting and waited. She was still singing. An hour later (Sims time), she was still singing and he was still waiting. I reset her to get her out of the way. It went quickly after that.