Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Pack ... Question?

I've been looking at the buy/build objects of the Vampire Pack and it seems there are no bats. I was hoping for a wall hanging similar to the butterflies so I could build a spooky house with "bats in the belfry' (literally) or even a statuette but there seems to be nothing. Am I missing something or are there really no bats at all in the Vampire Pack?

Comments

• Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited January 2018
    No bats but there's a Winged Imp Gargoyle is the closest you get to a bat, and in the debug there's two a white and black bats thats the only bats we have I use them most of the time they aren't much I expected a bit better but thats all they given us
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Can you show me a pic of the debug bats @chips46? Preferably with something like a chair alongside so I can get a sense of dimensions. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    @sawdust the bats aren't that large and nothing fancy here are the pic
    qmrcqSF.png

• Options
    Thanks for that. That's what I was hoping for. Now I just have to wait till EA have 40 - 50% off. :D
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Wait, there are white bats? I've only ever seen my sims turn into dark ones. :0

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Oh wait. Are they connected to a Sim? It might stuff up the game by placing those if that's the case.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    The white bat WAS going to be the personal form of Vladislaus Straud I believe.
  • Options
    Yes we do have Vampires sims in our game but having the bats makes no difference by having the bats on a lot and we do have garlic to hang up to keep the Vampires off your lot if you dont want them but they do come and go and if you dont want your sim to turn its best to hang the garlic around the lot to keep them away :D but once you install the Vampires pack beware of the Vampires they do spawn in the game and they dont like the sun very much they get toasted :D but do buy the pack it's really great for building and decorating I use it most of the time with a theme that I do for my builds
    and you'll find the garlic is in the debug as well
    rdugk07qr3x9.jpg

• Options
    I don't play the game, I only build. I want the pack for the Gothic Victorian style objects but as I don't play, I don't want to pay full price. I'll wait till it's at least 40% cheaper.
  • Options
    I dont play either but if you only testplay your builds its best to have the garlic hanging up on a wall to keep them off your lot or they will come while you testplay and they are very annoying if you dont use the garlic you do like garlic right :D
  • Options
    I just delete the players I don't want. I have a few made families in houses for when I test community builds otherwise there is no-one in my build save I don't want there. Although, it is my intention to get the pack for some spooky builds as well so wouldn't want to hang the garlic in case someone wants it for their vampire household.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    The white bat WAS going to be the personal form of Vladislaus Straud I believe.

Weird question.. I am new to TS4.. But why WAS? I play as Vladislaus Straud and I have maxed out his skills and Vampiric abilities and he is, and always was a black bat. Did EA create the white bat to mark a Grand Master Vampire then not implement it? ..A white bat would be VERY cool! (^‿^)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    I don't play as any of the in game vampires but they do get around. I still haven't been lucky enough to see a white bat!
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I am guessing so,as I think the White Bat was meant for the Grand Masters, I have a few in my game,I can not help but max them out to get the Vampire perks! But not one has a White Bat form, & two of my Vamps are higher than Grand master & still rising!(I have no idea if they get anything extra,but the Gamer in me will try!LOL)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    edited June 2018
    ~ I am guessing so,as I think the White Bat was meant for the Grand Masters, I have a few in my game,I can not help but max them out to get the Vampire perks! But not one has a White Bat form, & two of my Vamps are higher than Grand master & still rising!(I have no idea if they get anything extra,but the Gamer in me will try!LOL)

Thank you! I play as premade Vlad plus another player created sim who Vlad turned, both are Grand Masters and still gaining perks and abilities but neither have a white bat form. I felt if any sim had one it would be Maxis created Vlad. Please post an update if you discover one (^‿^)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    According to one of the Gurus the white bat was originally going to be Vlad's personal form but they had to drop it at the last second due to issues. So now it's left lost and unattached in the code.
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ What a shame I wonder if a modder can do anything with it!?
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    edited June 2018
    sawdust wrote: »
    According to one of the Gurus the white bat was originally going to be Vlad's personal form but they had to drop it at the last second due to issues. So now it's left lost and unattached in the code.

Oh that is a shame (╯︵╰,) *Sᗩᗪ*
    Thank you for this information sawdust (/^‿^)/ ❤ \(^‿^\) *ᕼᑌGS*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    I know Twistedmexican was looking into it but whether anything can be done ??? They may run into the same problems as EA.