Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Features

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    In the middle of watching the livestream VOD and I see there are a lot of shelving and cabinets that have slots to place other items into. That's very nice. There haven't been a lot of workable shelving in the game yet. :)

I got excited about that too. It's a very small thing, but being able to place lots of random knickknacks in my sims' homes really adds to the immersion
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I noticed in the live stream that one of the possible moodlets for good laundry has a Fine emotion, which is the first I've seen. I wonder what the implications of that are. Will it cancel out the excessive happy moodlets? Will it boost or neutralize anything?

its already in the game->it makes it so there aren't any other emotions
    .Qen2uTL.png

I'm talking about an actual moodlet, though. The sim in the stream had other emotional moodlets, but there was also a +2 Fine moodlet that overrode those. It's the first I've seen for this game.

There's already a fine Moodlet.

One of the higher level vampire powers is called suppressed emotions. There are 3 ranks to it. At the highest level the Vampire will never have any emotions because they are given a fine moodlet of varying strength.

The fine emotion doesn't boost any other Moodlets whether negative or positive. It's basically a neutral default emotion.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I noticed in the live stream that one of the possible moodlets for good laundry has a Fine emotion, which is the first I've seen. I wonder what the implications of that are. Will it cancel out the excessive happy moodlets? Will it boost or neutralize anything?

its already in the game->it makes it so there aren't any other emotions
    .Qen2uTL.png

I'm talking about an actual moodlet, though. The sim in the stream had other emotional moodlets, but there was also a +2 Fine moodlet that overrode those. It's the first I've seen for this game.

There's already a fine Moodlet.

One of the higher level vampire powers is called suppressed emotions. There are 3 ranks to it. At the highest level the Vampire will never have any emotions because they are given a fine moodlet of varying strength.

The fine emotion doesn't boost any other Moodlets whether negative or positive. It's basically a neutral default emotion.

Oh, okay. I didn't know about that because I don't have Vampires. I guess it makes sense that a Fine moodlet suppresses all other emotions if it's stronger, just like the others
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    A helpful read: https://simsvip.com/sims-4-laundry-guide/

Enjoy :) I know I did
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    I thought of a good question or two concerning laundry:

1) When you change outfits outside of the home lot, where does that laundry go? Does it magically plop into the hamper at home? What about when slob sims and such change outside home? Their laundry doesn't magically go to any hamper on its own.

2) If I turn on the washer or dryer to start its laundry cycle then leave the lot for a few hrs to do something else, when I come home again will I expect the washer/dryer to finish its cycle or would leaving interrupt it and I'm forced to stay home doing laundry? That goes for anything involving a loading screen really.
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I'm really loving the pack so far! If any of you guys are on YouTube then I've just uploaded my first reactions to Laundry Day Stuff if you fancy checking it out :)https://youtu.be/0YC4NlqR2RY

HB x
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member

1) When you change outfits outside of the home lot, where does that laundry go? Does it magically plop into the hamper at home? What about when slob sims and such change outside home? Their laundry doesn't magically go to any hamper on its own.

2) If I turn on the washer or dryer to start its laundry cycle then leave the lot for a few hrs to do something else, when I come home again will I expect the washer/dryer to finish its cycle or would leaving interrupt it and I'm forced to stay home doing laundry? That goes for anything involving a loading screen really.

As for one, if you are not on your home lot, none of the effects of Laundry will be experienced. If you change your clothes at home and then leave, the nice,bad, etc buffs will stick. Though if you change clothes off your lot, you will not get buffs.
  • EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member

Laundry isn't an experience you can have off of your home lot. So no more stealing peoples clothes when they decide to go skinny dipping! And, like Dayvon said, you'll only receive the laundry buffs if you change on your home lot. So if you go to the pool with +1 clean clothes, change into your swimsuit and then back into your day clothes, that buff is gone (personally not a fan of that, but whatever. I hope that's an easy tweak for a modder).

I'm actually a little unnerved that when you change clothes on your home lot the clothes just go into the hamper (unless that sim has a slob trait - then they'll always make piles). I know it was like that in 3, but as far as I can remember it would only go directly into the hamper if your sim was in a room with a hamper. So changing clothes in the bathroom would result in the clothes going straight to the hamper, but changing clothes in the living room would leave a pile of laundry since there wasn't a hamper nearby.
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Every guide says you can collect clothes from your hamper to put them in your inventory but I can't pick up anything from hampers, only search pockets and wash.

What am I missing ?
    My laundrette won't be of any use if sims can't bring their clothes there.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm really loving the pack so far! If any of you guys are on YouTube then I've just uploaded my first reactions to Laundry Day Stuff if you fancy checking it out :)https://youtu.be/0YC4NlqR2RY

HB x
    Good job! @hellbunny123 . Will you be doing more let's plays? I think you'd be very good at it.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    Too cute. :)

qAEs7oG.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Every guide says you can collect clothes from your hamper to put them in your inventory but I can't pick up anything from hampers, only search pockets and wash.

What am I missing ?
    My laundrette won't be of any use if sims can't bring their clothes there.

Only the sim you are playing can do laundry in a Laundromat. Only they can carry dirty clothes in their inventory. That's why I made my Laundromats duel purpose. Like a café or bowling alley or restaurant, etc. That way other sims will come to the lot for those things and my sim can meet them and hangout while waiting for their laundry to finish. Generic lots don't seem to attract other sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    I just re-watched that section of the video and @SimGuruGraham dragged a clothes pile from the floor to the sim's inventory. I couldn't get it to work with the hamper.
    I feel like the hamper thing is an oversight. You can try putting the laundry in a washing machine (if you have one) without starting a wash and take it out to the floor

• TheMotherConfessorTheMotherConfessor Posts: 10 New Member
    I've just purchased the Laundry pack and my butler wont do any laundry and just leaves it all over the floor everywhere, which kind of defeats the point of having live in help. Why on earth won't the butler do the laundry?! It seems mad! This should definitely be a feature, unless my butler is just broken!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2018
    I've just purchased the Laundry pack and my butler wont do any laundry and just leaves it all over the floor everywhere, which kind of defeats the point of having live in help. Why on earth won't the butler do the laundry?! It seems mad! This should definitely be a feature, unless my butler is just broken!

According to the live stream butlers should do laundry. Do you need to click on him/her and assign it as a task maybe?
  • TheMotherConfessorTheMotherConfessor Posts: 10 New Member
    There's no option to do that. I haven't actually bought a hamper though so I'll try that first, and then if that's still not working I'll repair my game as suggested by someone else in another thread. I'll get back to you and let you know so that if anyone else with this problem sees this they can fix it too.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Oh, you definitely need the hamper.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2018
    There's no option to do that. I haven't actually bought a hamper though so I'll try that first, and then if that's still not working I'll repair my game as suggested by someone else in another thread. I'll get back to you and let you know so that if anyone else with this problem sees this they can fix it too.

Also check to see if you have shelving above the washer too. Because I've seen on several threads that can also throw a wrench into the works as well. And as Simpatsyann said, you have to have a hamper to trigger the washing action from.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Miss the fresh laundry moodlet :disappointed:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited January 2018
    Washing line can catch fire & be broken. You can upgrade the lines into iron to avoid these problems.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I'm wondering if LGR will post a Laundry review ... ?
    Washing line can catch fire & be broken. You can upgrade the lines into iron to avoid these problems.

Do the washlines catch fire on their own? :p
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Yeah that actually surprised me today, had no idea they could break xD
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Do the washlines catch fire on their own? :p

I don't know, I still didn't have fire.
    Lu4ERme.gif